Chapter 29

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You lied!” Junsu screamed into his phone as soon as the line was connected. “You said you’ll let me precede the rest of the plan at my own pace. Why the hell did you have to involve another innocent insider?  As if having Changmin’s right hand man is not enough!”

An evil chuckle came through and greeted his reddening ears. “Pabo. The little innocent duck- now regrets his own negotiation. Tsk tsk…”

Junsu’s teeth clenched at the man’s words. “Damn you.”

“Look. I’m just trying to make things as less painful as possible. Don’t you know you were only going to torture him more? Who’s being more considerate here?”

“Junsu?”

The concerned voice of his uncle from behind him startled him to no end. “!” he hissed. And without another word, Junsu disconnected the line and shove his cellphone hastily back into his slack pocket and turned. “Erm… S-Songsun ajusshi. Do you need anything?” he tried to appear as nonchalant as possible as if the situation was purely coincidental.

“Who were you talking to?”

“Er… the photos?” Junsu immediately pretended to adore the nearest painting while having one of his hands holding onto his ears as if rubbing it to appear as similar as possible to his previous position.

“Junsu, I may be old but I’m not dumb. What plan were you talking about?”

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The sun was beginning to set at the end of the horizon. The breeze was getting chillier as the seconds passed by. As soon as they arrived, Changmin went out from his infamous Lamborghini, an unreadable expression set across his face.

“Yes, SongSun. We’ve just arrived at Gwangju. What’s wrong?”

Everyone waited as Changmin was speaking into mid-air and listening through his ear-piece. This time Changmin’s face got redder and redder by the time with anger. But instead of bursting his insides, Changmin just closed his eyes and inhaled sharply.

Finally, he made up his mind. He will never trust anyone else again. SongSun had just confirmed that there was indeed and insider among his clan members. And the betrayer is not just anyone among them. He had hoped that his assumptions were wrong, but SongSun sounded very convincing. If Changmin didn’t know any better, he might have accused SongSun to be that insider.

He wished SongSun would just tell him who it was.

“Thanks, SongSun. I’ll hang up now. I need to call my sister.”

At these circumstances, the only other person he trusted other than Min Hee could only be his other blood-relative. He was sure his innocent sister wouldn’t dare to do things behind his back. But if she did, then he’d deserve it.

“InKyung, where are you?” he immediately asked without replying InKyung’s greetings as she picked up her phone. “Shopping?! What more did you need to shop for?! Get home now and stay with Min Hee! … I can’t. I’m out of town. … No! I have to do this with my own hands. … That’s what you’re there for! Arghhh. … If anything happens to her, I’m going to kill you.”

His men could only watch and guess what could’ve been the rest of the conversation. As soon as Changmin was back with them, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter