Chapter 24

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sudden move surprised Min Hee to no end. A mixture of feelings rose within her as if a bolt of lightning has just shot the middle of her heart, awakening her senses. A drop of tear escaped the brim of her eyes. She didn’t want to open her eyes, afraid that what she might see is not what she had hoped for, afraid that it was only her imagination.

Then she felt a finger caressing her skin faintly. Her eyes slowly opened, her gaze blurred due to the cumulating liquid in her eyes. She wiped it away carelessly with her other hand and tried to focus at the face she had missed so much.

“Changmin? Baby?” she called out softly, half-expectant and half-scared. The man still had his eyes closed, but his forehead was twitching, just like his fingers. Min Hee instinctively intertwined their hands and scooted closer to him, lowering her upper body to hover above him. She fought herself not to cry anymore. She didn’t want him to see her tears. She caressed his hair softly, giving him some encouragement.

“Hmm…” a low grunt left his throat as he opened his eyes.

Another set of emotions immediately appeared inside her, making her feel like crying and laughing all at the same time. His eyes roamed around for a moment, registering the situation, before it landed on her face, and her awaiting eyes…

“Min Hee…” he whispered painfully. Then his eyes landed on their intertwined hands and he tried to look above his forehead to see the hand that has been caressing his hair ever so lovingly. He sighed with a faint smile and closed his eyes momentarily to savour the moment, a moment he had longed for.

“I’m dead, aren’t I,” he spoke through the silence. He sighed and turned his head to the side.

His statement shocked her. “What are you talking about?” her voice sad. She put one palm on the left side of his chest carefully, afraid that she might hurt him. “Your heart is beating just fine.”

Changmin turned his head to face her again. He had a questioning look on his face, almost unbelievable. Unconsciously, he attempted to sit and lifted his body, only to be stopped by the piercing pain around his abdomen. He was instantly assured that all these weren’t a dream. The sight of his wife caressing him lovingly is definitely not an illusion. But it just didn’t make sense to him.

“Careful!” Min Hee cried, putting a hand on his shoulder before he moved any further.

Changmin, on the other hand, pushed away the blanket that was covering his body. His movement was weak, but he was determined to find out what’s wrong. “Oh, yeah… I was shot. How could I forget,” he muttered sarcastically as soon as he saw the heavy bandage around his stomach with a patch of red visible on the pure white cloth before releasing himself back on the bed again. “What is wrong with me?” he said more to himself.

“They say you’ve been unconscious for two days,” Min Hee started while fixing the blanket on Changmin to prevent him from getting cold. “I think I was too.”

Changmin’s attention was diverted back to the worried face of his wife. His face mirrored her expression. “What happene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter