Chapter 15

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Wait, what’s the list for again?” Junsu stepped into the car and quickly tucked on the seat-belt, recalling the need for safety precautions.


Changmin looked at his surroundings cautiously before getting into the car as well, hastily starting the engine. He didn’t know why his stomach was lurching. “I don’t want them to get involved in the searching of the culprit who tore my house down,” he uttered with calm. “I’m going to end this game.”

“Eh? When was your house torn down? The last time I checked it’s still in a good shape,” Junsu appeared to be in shock a moment after, remembering the shape of Changmin’s house when he left it this morning. But before he received any replies, the view that met before his eyes stopped his heartbeat momentarily. 

“Yah, watch out!” They were only a few inches behind an old car before Changmin managed to slip beside it at the devil’s speed, earning a deep relieved sigh from Junsu.

A grunt left Changmin’s lips and he has forgotten about Junsu’s question. Junsu had been lecturing about his speed for the longest time but he wasn’t going to give in this time. Somehow, somewhere deep inside his heart, he could sense that something was terribly wrong. But he couldn’t figure out what it is. And when he’s anxious, this is what he will do to calm himself.

But it seemed like it’s not working this time. Perhaps, maybe he should go even faster…

“Yah! Do you happen to have a death-wish or something? You’ve never drove this fast before!” Junsu’s skin was pale and cold, his hands were gripping very tightly to the leather seats. Instead of slowing down, the guy beside him decided to press on. “I still haven’t told Xiahky that I love him today!” Cold sweats were seen dripping from his temples.

“Aargh… Shut up, Junsu. I’m trying to focus here.”

Junsu stole a frightened glance towards Changmin and immediately saw his wrinkled forehead and a disturbed expression. He realised that Changmin wasn’t being himself. And situations like this have always meant bad news for everyone else. 

“Hey, what’s up with you?” he half-croaked it out. “Want to talk about it, instead of driving me towards my death-bed?”

“Nothing’s up.” Changmin quickly replied. “Just shut up.”

So there was a brief silence where both of them were caught in their own thoughts as Junsu decided to obey. Changmin was trying to figure out why he has such a hunch when Junsu was trying his best not to pee in his pants. Both of them stared to their front before Junsu noticed that they weren’t going back to Changmin’s place.

“Where are you taking me?” Junsu tried to ignore the zooming trees beside him. At least, he thought they were trees before it stretched itself sideways and turned to a white-ish blur towards one end.

Changmin didn’t answer him immediately. As if making sure he’s making the right decision, he ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. “The Drunken Tiger’s place,” he mumbled.

After a few more turns they finally arrived in front of a very shabby place. At first sight, it almost looked like an abandoned mental hospital. But this wasn’t the first time both of them had been here, and the looks did not deceive them anymore. It was clear that this was the method chosen by this organisation to keep their profile low among the public, like when the Shim clan chose to hide within the thin forests.

“Junsu, you can get out of the car now…”

Inside the car, Junsu was still holding tightly to the sides of his seat and refused to lift his head. His eyes closed shut even when everything around him was already stationary. Changmin shook his head in disapproval and pursed his lips. He made his way towards Junsu’s door and opened it for him.

“AAAH!” Junsu suddenly shrieked and shielded himself from an imaginary threat that has intruded his side of the car. “Close the door! Close the door! I don’t want to die!”

“Die my . GET OUT!” Changmin smacked Junsu hard at the back of his head and dragged him out by the arms. “Seriously, have you ever considered stopping calling yourself my side-kick? Now I find it very intimidating!”

Changmin let go of his hand and turned to face the awed Junsu who had just lost his voice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter