Chapter 10

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of footsteps echoed faintly through the damp alley. Drizzles of rain were still visible, indicating that it will stop pouring soon. Changmin took one step at a time, careful not to disturb the small puddles of water. He constantly held his head up and maintained a serious expression. 


With a few of his man tailing behind him, he calmly made his way towards the back entrance of a private café. A slender woman was evident to be waiting for their arrival. With a piece of cigarette hanging loosely between her index and middle finger, she puffed a new set of smoke before turning completely towards her guests and bowed slightly in respect. She gestured for everyone to follow her as she led the way. 

The group of men trailed her steps along the dimly lit hallway until they came to a halt in front of the tinted glass doors. One of the doors suddenly slid open, revealing yet another doll-like hostess, now exiting the supposed meeting room. Unconsciously, she sent her usual hopeful looks towards Changmin before she scooted away in her heavy kimono, too excited to pay her usual gesture of respect towards her superiors. A smirk came to his face as he put both his hands inside his pockets. He knew her intentions perfectly, yet his heart was already taken. That girl could only remain dreaming for the rest of her life, and he didn’t feel bad for her at all.

Changmin’s attention then diverted to the supposed hostess who is now gracefully opening the door to the private room for them.

“There you are!” A hoarse voice immediately shouted from the other end of the room. Being surrounded by the best hostesses of the café, only the man’s head and his spread-out legs were visible in between the curved bodies. “I have to cancel a damn lot of gun-fight appointments tonight just to get my here, worrying that the great Shim Changmin might still want to cut my head off.” He quickly shooed the beautiful women out of his face.”If I didn’t know you any better, I’d thought you’ve gone mad.”

“And perhaps I have,” Changmin replied sarcastically.

Every single one of his men positioned themselves at their usual posts around the room as all the hostesses exited the room in frowns. Two men remained at the door as it was closed behind them while the others occupied each dark corner available. Only one man stayed by his side, the one man he trusted the most, Kim Junsu.

The seated man chuckled. “If you have, then I should assume that your wife is dead.”

“How dare you!” Junsu quickly lunged himself forward to have a piece of the man’s dirty flesh. No one should ever insult his best friend like that. Though, the man seemed to be unreachable as a few arms were locked all over his upper body, preventing him to get any closer.

Changmin remained his cool expressions where he stood. “Should you care?” he shot back, ignoring Junsu’s incident, eyes never leaving the other man’s.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter