We're sorry...

A Terrible Misunderstanding

Key sat down by Onew's bed and held his hand close to his face, silently praying for Onew's health and that he'll regain consciousness soon. Jonghyun had gone down to buy lunch, Taemin was sitting with Minho on the other side of Onew's bed opoosite Key, playing and brushing away the silky light brown hair that had fallen into his hyung's eyes. The atmosphere was pretty much awkward, and there was complete silence besides the constant beeping of the machines Onew was hooked up to and his slow steady breathing. 

Key looked at his leader's pale face, noting that he was getting thinner. Aish I have to feed him more Key thought. The Onew hyung he knew was always smiling, making them laugh, caring.... But supposedly the past month with their attitudes have made him, well, heartbroken? And now he's probably too scared to talk to anyone else in case they hated him too. Onew is just insecure, but Key couldn't blame him. Through all 4 years of SHINee not one member has truly tried to get to know and comfort their leader even though he was showing obvious attempted masked pain. The manager and Lee Joon knew Onew better than they did. Shame on us. Key apologised like 1000 times in his head to Onew, and leaned in to plant a gentle kiss on Onew's forehead. Then as if by magic, he felt movement from the hand he was holding. Taemin and Minho's eyes widened when they saw Onew's hands twitched a little as their precious leader began to stir. Soon, slowly but surely, his eyes began to crack open, looking dazed and unfocused, taking in his surroundings. Key smiled a huge smile in relief for the first time that month and couldn't resist but hug Onew. "Hyung....welcome back..."

Onew's POV:

Where am I? All I could see was darkness...and I was floating in the midst of it all. Suddenly, the scene of me running away from SHINee flashed before me, and the storm at the Han river... So....my life is ending? I mean, isn't this what happens when you're about to die? But instead of seeing the light, I began to feel the pounding in my head, and something warm yet comforting grasping my hand, someone sweeping my hair and I felt something touch my forehead. What is this? But it felt good nonetheless, comforting, loving and caring.... Then my senses slowly came back to me. From the distance I could hear a faint beeping sound, along with something covering my nose and mouth. Something soft was underneath me....I tried opening my eyes but the light had blinded me as soon as i did, so i waited till the blurred surroundings came into focus. And I saw....Key?! And Tae...and Minho and there was Jjong, runnong towards us rom the door. But what are they doing here? Didn't they want me to leave? I sighed. I knew it. This is only just a dream. Then Key hugged me tightly. "Hyung....welcome back..." he whispered. I tried to talk but the oxygen mask prevented me, and I couldn't reach out to touch him either because I was feeling too weak and the wires connected to my arm prevented me.

"I'll get the doctor!" Minho said as he dashed out of the room. Taemin was crying tears, but of happiness. "Onew hyung! Don't do that again you scared us all to death!" My mind was still a little hazy. Don't do what? Jonghyun was smiling at me, relief in his...red and puffy eyes? He's been crying?? I was still all confused when the doctor came in and asked the members to leave while they did a check up on me...

No One's POV:

"I'm so glad Onew's finally awake" sighed the manager in relief. The other members nodded and this time they had small smiles on their faces, but they were worried if their leader would be willing to forgive them for their horrible attitiude. Well whether brave or not they still had to face their hyung. Once the doctor was done examining him and found no problems, They were able to visit him. Onew was trying to sit up, oxygen mask no longer on his face, however he was too weak and nearly collapsed back onto the bed if not for Key who firmly but gently made him lie down, and adjusted the bed for him so that was sitting up. They sat there for a long awkward silence before Key spoke up "Hyung...we're sorry..."

Onew's eyes widened as he looked up. "Wha-what?" I thought you guys were mad at me...." his voice trailed off slowly as he could feel hot tears forming in his eyes when he was reminded of that horrible day where he tried to run away.

Jonghyun couldn't take it anymore. He hugged Onew tightly, sobbing hard on his shoulder while crying out "Hyung! I'm sorry! It's all my fault! I'm the jerk who didn't bother to listen to the whole conversation betwen you and manager hyung before I told everyone. I should've known better than to assume you were going to leave SHINee. Will you forgive us?" 

Onew immediately hugged him back and comforted him, telling him not to cry. "It's okay. I forgive you. You know I can't stay mad at you for long" he joked with a little smile. Then all the members came in for a hug, tears in their eyes, rubing heir leader's back comfortingly and teling him they're sorry. Onew couldn't help but feel touched and soon enough he was also shedding tears. Key broke away from the hug and then held up Onew's journal. "Sorry hyung, we've read your journal, because we really wanted to know your thoughts and feelings as you hardly tell us your worries. We want you to know that you can tell us anything hyung, we'll listen. Just because you're the leader doesn't mean you have to carry all the burdens and bottle up everything inside of you. We want to care for you, like you've cared so much for us.."

Onew nodded, and took the journal from Key. "Minahae....I made you all worry...again..." He looks down, not wanting the other members to see his tears, but they know right away that he was crying. "Shhh hyung, it's ok don't cry" Key rubbed Onew's back soothingly and he gently wiped away his tears. "D-Don't you think I'm a bad leader...?" He whispered. "No." Taemin said firmly. "Hyung you musn't think that way. Even though you know about your sangtae and all, you still care so much for us, sacrificing sleep and skipping meals sometimes for us. We've all taken you for granted, and we're sorry, and know that you're the best leder we can ever have ne?" The rest nodded in agreement and comforted their leader. Not long after, Onew fell asleep in Key's embrace right after mummering "Thanks guys....Saranghae.." The others smiled and gave him goodnight hugs and kisses. "Saranghae hyung..."