Did you know....?

A Terrible Misunderstanding

15 minutes later all the members except Onew met manager hyung outside Onew's ward, which is luckily in a desolated corner, so they had privacy to talk. The 4 of them sat down on the waiting chairs, head hung low, sniffing as the last of the tears escaped their red and puffy eyes. Manager stood in front of the 4, arms crossed, sighing loudly before continuing to speak.

"Why, what happened to you? You used to be one loving and happy brotherly family. I was glad all of you were so close, sharing almost everything, never failing to laugh everyday, always finishing your schedules with determination and encourgements from one another. But what happened during the past month?? It seemed like you guys were still having fun, but only without Onew. I admit, I was a blind fool who hadn't noticed anything wrong until now. But plese let me explain what is acually happening in Onew's mind." He took a deep breath before continuing.

"I know, everyone sees Onew as a bright cheerful person, cracking lame jokes and making everyone laugh at his sangtae. You might think Onew has it easy, but no he doesn't. He writes reminders of your schedules every morning and places them on your bags, and also staying up late the night before editing schedules ebsuring everything goes smoothly. He doesn't get enough rest, and that's why he falls sick often. He tells me not to tell you as he doesn't want you to worry about himand ruining your happiness. But now I think it's time you realise what Onew's been doing for you selflessly for the past 4 years."

First manager turned to Taemin. "taemin ah, do u remember the days when u were still in school, you had roast meat prepared for you everyday?" Taemin noddded. "That was cooked by Onew who wakes up especially early to do it" Taemin's eyes widened, feeling even more guilty and he wanted to start crying again.

Then manager turned to Key. "Key remember that expensive hair gel that was a gift from a 'fan'?" "Ne" Key replied. "Well Onew had actually bought that specially for you after he felt guilty using your soap." Key hung his head in shame.

"Minho remember that day you were at a basketball match, and afterwards it started to rain? Then you saw an umbrella in your locker and you used that to shelter yourself all the way home? That was left by Onew. He didn't want you to get wet, so he left an umbrella in your locker and ran home in the rain" Minho's frog-like eyes widened almost comically.

And jonghyun last. Jonghyun already expected something bad and was already starting to feel guilty even though manager hyung hadn't said anything. He then learned that a singing course, which helps singers alot on vocals, he attended a few months ago was actually meant for Onew, but he had given up the chance to Jonghyun who secretly wanted to go. Onew had lied about not wanting to go so that Jonghyun will get to go.

 

"I'm sure you all feel guitly so I won't press this any furthur, but please just promise me, whatever you tell the others, please make sure it's the truth before spreading it around and taking action against it okay? After this incident I don't expect anymore, whether it's Onew or anyone else." The members nodded slowly and shamefully returned to Onew's ward. Manager just sighed and prayed that Onew would recover soon.