Gone...

A Terrible Misunderstanding

Onew bumped into someone while running and sobbing out of the SM building. little did he know the person he bumped into was manager hyung. He had wanted to tell the boys a few things when Onew ran out of the dance room crying his heart out. The manager stood there in shock and tried calling Onew but he just continued running until he was out of sight. The manager went into the room and saw the angry and yet slightly guity faces of the other mmebers. "Yah boys, what happened? I saw Onew running out crying. Did you guys fight?" No one bothered to answer him. They were either not bothered or too upset. manager took one look at them and knew something was up. "You guys better tell me what's wrong...You know I cannot stand conflicts within a group" He warned them with a dangerous tone. Jonghyun sighed and finally spoke up. he explained about what he had heard that night and how Onew was planning to leave them just like that, so they got mad and ignored him for the past month. Manager hyung looked more of pissed then sympathy for the members to everyone's surprise. They expected manager to agree with them, but instead...he told them that they hadn't gotten the full story.

FLASHBACK:

"Well it's a great opportunity and this kind of job is rare...I might not get this again." (This was when Jonghyun left) Onew continued "But then I love the members more than this job, and after all the effort of making SHINee a successful and shining band, there is no way I'm going to let one job opportunity ruin everything. The members need me. After all, what you cannot find in the job i was offered is the love and warmth of being together with SHINee. Money doesn't matter, my dongsaengs are my top priority; I love them and will be willing to give up this chance for them" He said with a smile.

Manager hyung was touched. He patted his favourite member on the back, a proud look on his face. "I'm glad you know better Onew, it was never a mistake to choose you to become the leader. You've shown love for all of them and made them happy, and showed responsibility especially when times get tough. i'm proud of you. Keep up the good work." Onew smiled sheepishly and nodded before returning to his room.

END OF FLASHBACK

The other members stared at each other in shock. So...Onew had actually selflessly given up his chances for them?? Omo, we've all been treating him so badly for the past month, and he looked so hurt... "So basically Jonghyun didn't get the full story.." manager concluded. Everyone gave Jonghyun a death glare, who only looked to the floor in shame, with tears falling from his eyes. They all felt so damned guity, as they recalled one by one the events in the past month where they had ignored him, were being rude to him, giving him the cold shoulder...they must've hurt Onew really badly. There was complete silence in the room for almost 10 full minutes with the members reflecting on their attitude and behaviours. Finally manager hyung spoke up "All of you better go and apologise to him, and think of a way to make it up to him too." They all nodded in understanding before walking slowly through the door towards the SHINee van.

Meanwhile, Onew had run all the way back to the SHINee dorm, still sobbing uncontrollably. He ran straight into his room and grabbed a backpack he had been using for his trips, and packed a few sets of clothes, some food, his passport, his wallet and of course never forgetting his journal. If the members felt hurt with him staying here he thought it would be better off for them if he left. As soon as he left the dorm building, he saw the SHINee van slowly heading towards him from a distance. CRAP! I can't let them see me run away he thought panicking. He dove behind a few shrubs and crouched down low, hoping he wouldn't be spotted. Soon enough the van stopped in front of the building. Out came 4 sad looking dongsaengs with a worried yet pissed manager. They waited until they have all disappeared into the building before jumping out of his hiding place and making a dash for it. He sprinted in a random direction, not caring where he was going . He ran and ran and ran until he felt he couldn't take it anymore. He collapsed on his knees and looked up at his surroundings. He was at the Han River, a place where Onew usually goes whenever he is stressed and needs peace, supposedly his natural instinct led him here. He got up on shaky knees and slowly made his way to that huge tree he sits under whenever he's at the river. He leaned back on the tree trunk and sighed, closing his eyes. he felt a huge burden being lifted from his shoulders. Now the members could finally have a better life without me.....

At the dorm, the others searched around only to find Onew missing! They gasped and frantically searched for his wallet or passport. It was gone too. Onew really did leave. They tried calling his phone but it was of course switched off. "I knew he was upset but i never expected him to actually leave...." Key mummered, going into umma mode. "What if he starves out there? What if he meets with some bad guy??" Key's words were only making the others panic even more. Manager hyung clapped loudly to silence all of them. "Look boys I'm sure Onew is a sensible person. He 'll come back, and if he doesn't by tomorrow we'll go look for him alright? Right now i thinks he just needs some time alone." Though reluctant, the members all agreed. Onew hyung wouldn't stay mad at them for too long, would he? Manager went back to his own room , clearly worried and frustrated; Onew was of course, his favourite and he didn't want anything to happen to him, knowing how fragile Onew was. The other members sat on the sofa, waiting for their leader to caome back to them. Waiting for that front door to open, and all of them will hug him, comfort him, apologise for being terrible people. They waited patiently for hours, but no one came...The hours passed by slowly ....11pm, 12 midnight, 1 am....That was when a roll of thunder jerked all of them awake from sleeping on the couch. They stared wide-eyed a out of the window into the pouring rain. "Oh my goodness, i hope Onew hyung has some shelter and he's not stuck out there in this terrible storm.." Minho said worriedly. Everyone wanted to go out and look for Onew immediately, but of course it was impossible to see anything let alone find Onew in this crazy weather. so they all prayed that he was safe.

Drip drop drip drop.... Onew looked up as the first raindrops started to fall. he had just finished writing in his journal, and quickly kept it in his luckily waterproof bag in case it got all wet. Onew didn't mind the rain at first, but then it soon turned into a monster storm. Rain pelted down hard on Onew's skin, and it hurt. A monstrous wind was blowing, and Onew had to hide behind the tree in order to aviod the wind. Lightening and thunder ignited the skies in it's full power, creating deafening rumbling sounds. It was definitely one of the worst storms ever. Onew shut his eyes tight and orayed that everything will blow over soon. The rain was so heavy that it made Onew's visibilty near 0. He couldn't even see the river that was a mere 3 metres in front of him. At this rate, he won't be able to run to find shelter. He might get lost, or worse, slip into the river or a mudhole and get washed away. The rain drenched him completely, and he was shivering. He tried fishing out his jacket from his bag, but it got blown away by the strong winds the moment he put it down to rezip his bag. Argh he thought it's so not my day.... Hugging his backpack close to his chest, he curled up into a ball, trying to preserve as much heat as possible. After an hour or so in that position, the storm still showed no sign of stopping... And then suddenly without warning, he heard a crack from above him. He looked up only to see a huge branch falling right towards him. Before he could react, it hit him, painfullyon the head, and his body was trapped beneath the branch. OUCH! It hurt, it hurt so bad...Onew tried to pry the branch off him but he was much too dizzy to do so; the world was blurry and swaying, everything coming in and out of focus. The pain from the weight of the branch eventually made him lose consciousness, his body going limp as he laid there, on the soaking hard ground until the next morning.....