Am I invisible to you??

A Terrible Misunderstanding

The next morning, all the SHINee memers woke up bright and early as they have a flight to catch back to Seoul. Key had woken up everyone but he didn't bother waking up Onew. So then Onew was peacefully sleeping until the manager barged into his room and shouted for him to get up they would miss the plane. Onew was shocked as he thought Key would wake him up. On the way to the airport, Onew asked "Key why didn't you wake me up this morning?"

Key gave Onew a piercing glare. "What do I look like to you, your servant?!" He huffed before turning his back on Onew. Onew couldn't believe that Key had used such a rude tone to speak to him. Normally whenever Key was in a bad mood the most he would do is go all annoyed and naggy mode, but he never talked backly so rudely. Never. Something must've happened, but Onew could see Key was pissed off and did not want to furthur anger his dongsaeng. When they arrived at the airport, They chacked in and the manager told them they had 2 hours to spend in the lounge before they have to board the plane. The lounge was a nice one, with a buffet and comfortabe leather chairs, computers and TVs. Well that's what you get when you're an idol XD The 4 younder members of SHINee sat by themselves at a 4 seater table, leaving Onew no choice but to sit at a seperate table, and settled for one far far away from the members, as he knew that something was wrong with them, They were angry with him for some reason, and trying to reason with them now seems impossible and only makes things worse. Onew tried to relax; turning on his iPod and listening to his favourite songs and softly humming the tune to it. However he really couldn't get the memners' attitudes out of him mind. It just poked at him and bothered him. He closed his eyes and tried recalling anything that had happened between him and them recently, but couldn't think of anything. It was just plain confusing. He sighed. Perhaps they needed time without this naggy leader putting burdens on them? He didn't know. All he wanted was that the situation would get better after a few days.

.

.

As the days passed, the members' behaviour towards Onew became worse and worse. At first the members would try to act lively with their leader on variety shows etc, but now they didn't even bother about him anymore. When they were in the dorm, the members would normally play among themselves and leave Onew out, and he was too shy to try and join them, so he would silently lock himself up in the room with a book. The most that he would speak to the members were a few sentences or some days none at all. He would try to start a convo, but no one seemed interested to reply him, so in the end he gave up completely. The routine everyday now was, wake up, endure the whole day with the members treating him like air, and then locking himself in the room the moment he returns to the dorm. As for the members, they felt a tinge of guilt for treating their hyung this way, but they stood firm and told themselves that Onew was the one who's leaving them behind. Now that they saw that Onew had given up on them, they became even more depressed and rebelled more against him. Whenever Onew had to tell the members something important and tried to get their attention, they would ignore him, and in the end the whole group gets into trouble for not knowing what they were supposed to do. And who get's the blame? The leader of course, everytime without fail. Onew couldn't take it anymore and eventually one night he broke down in tears in his room, wondering why they suddenly turned their backs on him. Was it because he was a horrible leader? Was it because of something he did? He didn't know. All he knew was that the members did not laugh at his jokes, or sing "Whatever he does it's the Onew condition~" when he falls. 

He was nothing to them now, Just a waste of space. Onew could see how each and every one of the members changed. Key and Onew used to go out together for Key to buy his latest fashion and pick out clothes for Onew, and also he made Onew's favourite chicken. But now Key only gave him the cold glare whenever he screwed up, and never talked to him. Minho and Onew used to go down to the park and play a few rounds of basketball, and afterwards sitting down on a park bench, just talking about whatever was happening in their lives whatsoever. Now the Minho he knew was secretive, slient and distant, and usually played ball with Jonghyun now. Taemin, the person he felt the most hurt when he saw him change from a sweet, young, inncent boy and always clinging on to this hyung, to this suddenly matured person who seemed like he didn't need Onew in the first place. Jonghyun used to love practising singing with Onew, as both of their voices sound melodious together, but now, Jonghyun refused to do duets with Onew even though he was offered to. The only so called "person" Onew could talk to was his journal, which he writes in it frequently to express his thoughts and feelings. Ever since the members started treating him coldly, Onew could fill at least 3 whole pages everyday, writing away his sadness. Onew had considered talking to manager hyung, but he decided not to get another person involved in the picture. But the absolute worst was when a video showing one of their interviews was posted on Youtube, and indicating what the member of SHINee were igmorning Onew, thus creating a rumour. Onew was shocked when he found that video, and he did notice the change in the members' expression when he was talking. Onew spent half the night crying after he doscovered that....

Weeks turned in a month, and that was when SHINee finally had their comeback with their song "Sherlock" . It was a huge hit, beating the other songs on the charts. The manager was very pleased with the boys and gave them a break for themselves to enjoy. The day that they had started their brek was the day Onew's contract ends, and all the members dreaded this day, and knew that at any moment Onew was going to break he news to them. Onew finally called for all the members to gather in their dance practise rooom. They slumped on the coach, already prepared in their hearts what Onew was about to tell them, but instead his words surprised them. "Guys, I've noticed you've been acting weird. You guys treat me like I'm invisible. Is there something I did wrong? Please tell me so I can apologise..."

All of them started hard at the floor, not knowing what to say. That's when Minho snapped. he stood up and with tears in his eyes and a extremely rude tone he yelled "Stop this bull hyung! We all know what you plan to do! How long must you keep us in the dark for?! Are you really to let us suffer?!" Onew stood dumbfounded at Minho, speechless. 

"Wha-What in the world are you-" He was cut off by Key.

"Don't play dumb with us anymore Lee Jinki! We know everything! I can't believe we actually trusted you as a leader!"

Onew gasped. Key actually called him by his birth name. Not even manager hyung does that. "Guys! Seriously I really have no idea-"

Jonghyun jabbed him in the ribs, hard, making Onew wince in pain. "ONEW HYUNG! STOP PLAYING THIS GAME WITH US, I'M BEGGING YOU! I heard everyhitng between you and manager hyung that night in Europe! You're actually planning to leave us for money?! How can you?!"

Onew's eyes widened. So THAT'S what they were so mad about. He tried explaining. "Guys it's really not what you think! I-"

"Hyung, please, just get out, if you want to leave us, please do so now, instead of hurting us even more!" taemin cried, with Key hugging him.

Onew could feel his heart breaking, his tears fell freely from his eyes. His dongsaengs' words replaying in his mind, stabbing his heart after every sentence.  "Fine....if you guys really want me to leave I'll go...Mianhae..." he softly said before turning around and running out through the door, bursting into sobbing. As he was covering his eyes with his arm he didn't notice where he was going and bumped into someone, but he couldn't care less as he ran, and ran furthur away from the SM building...