New People, New Enemies, Most Importantly, New Home.

My Tiny-Eyed Knight?

 

“Alex! Alex! Wake up!” Donghae sang, shaking me.

I opened my eyes to see a Donghae that was simply smiling. I blinked for a moment, but then I realized where we were. We were in an airplane that took us somewhere that wasn’t home. I was now in Seoul. You know, Seoul? The really big city?

“C’mon! We got to go!” Donghae smiled, grabbing our carry ons, “We have to go, Mr. Choi is waiting.”

Quietly, I nodded, grabbing onto Donghae’s shirt. I was a kid, compared to everyone else here. Nothing more, and nothing less. It didn’t matter how old I actually am, I’m not tall, and I act like one. I felt defenseless with Donghae, quiet honestly.

We got out and grabbed the suitcases from the rolling thing. I stood by Donghae and Mr. Choi.

“Now, Alex.” Mr. Choi said, “Don’t speak, got it?”

I glanced at him, nodding.

“Don’t listen to anyone, either.” Donghae nodded, “Don’t trust anyone easily.”

I smiled at him, giving him the glance of, “I get it, I get it.”

Donghae grinned, putting his arm around my shoulder. “You’re my little sister, I’m just trying to protect you.”

Well, maybe the little sister needs to protect the little brother more.

“There they are!” Mr. Choi said, patting my shoulder, “We should go.”

I looked up and saw a man; I’m guessing the chauffer, holding up a sign that said, “Siwon Choi.”

Yes, yes, Mr. Choi’s first name is Siwon, is that weird?

Donghae grabbed my wrist and walked along, following Mr. Choi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The limo was huge, I can simply say that. By huge, I mean, “Oh wow, this is just for us?” kind of huge, so much leg room! I wonder what Mr. Choi’s son works as to even afford this!

We got in, the car moved, then…Well, that was it.

 I was staring at the moving landscape. Seoul had a whole lot of people, and I didn’t like it. Well, regardless, I don’t like people anyways, but in one city? That’s insane!

Donghae patted my shoulder, I turned around. He held something called an IPhone in front of me. I smiled, looking at it, then at him, wondering how he had it. He then pointed at the screen, where the notes was opened.

“Mr. Choi told me to give this to you. It’s for you to talk to people.” It said, “So learn to type fast on this tiny thing! Ah, and also, we can text each other whenever we need each other since the house is so big.”

A smile fell upon my face, I looked at him and nodded, grabbing a hold of the IPhone. I leaned over and patted Mr. Choi’s shoulder, giving him a simple “Thank You” in sign language before going back to my seat.

Soon, I fell asleep on Donghae’s shoulder like I usually did and didn’t wake up until we got to the Choi manor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Alex! Alex!” Donghae started to shake me; I opened my eyes and looked around.

The car stopped. I looked at Donghae to see him grinning like the person I know he is, and I noticed that Mr. Choi was gone.

“You sure do sleep a lot.” Donghae said.

I got off his shoulder and rubbed my eyes. This was where the plan was to happen.

We both got off the car. Donghae opened the trunk and grabbed most of the luggage, leaving me with very few to carry in. I followed my brother into the mansion and looked at the place. Gorgeous. With the style it had, I bet it was contemporary on the inside.

Donghae and I walked in and were amazed. This place was 10x bigger than Mr. Choi’s home in Mokpo. It was unquestionable that the price of this building possibly cost millions of dollars—American wise.

We walked around, I nudged Donghae, mouthing, “Where’s Mr. Choi?”

Donghae shrugged his shoulders as he tightened his grip on my hand.

“SIWOONNNN! WHERE’S MY VIOLIN BOW!?” I heard someone yell.

I quickly looked around to see where the scream came from and then saw a kid around my age run down the stairs. He had extremely chubby cheeks, tiny eyes, and well…He was chubby. He had brown hair and side bangs, and was wearing a white shirt with capris.

Donghae and I both stared at him as he ran down the stairs in a frantic gesture, “Siwon! That isn’t funny! Really? Stealing my bow? My competition is tomorrow!”

“I didn’t steal your bow!” said another one that seemed to be Donghae’s age, wrapping his arms. “I think it was Markus.”

“MARKUS!” the chubby boy wailed, running around the floor like some child that had lost his parent, “Markus! Give it back!”

“Why should I?” we heard another boy smirked, he twirled the violin bow in front of the chubby boy’s cheeks.

“Markus! M-my mommy is going to yell at me if I don’t win!” The chubby boy huffed, trying to hide the tears.

“Markus, just give it back to him.” The other one said, “Don’t be rude.”

“Why should I? This is punishment for you defying me!” Markus laughed.

Wow, this guy was rude. I mean, seriously? Stealing is already an all time low, but to just laugh and make the other kid cry? That’s awful, really. Possibly one of the worst things I’ve ever seen.

“Aish.” Donghae muttered, walking over to Markus. He grabbed the bow, “Don’t you see the little boy crying? Have you no shame?” he scolded him.

I smiled, walking down the stairs and got behind Donghae, staring at Markus. He had a redish brown hair, his eyes were big, he was handsome, I must admit, but he was a jerk for all I know for now. He was staring at my brother in pure disbelief, as though he was being scolded for the first time.

Donghae walked over to the chubby boy, “Here you go.” He patted his head, “Don’t let these people bully you, okay?”

Chubby cheeks looked up at Donghae, and with teary eyes, he hugged my brother. “I don’t know who you are, but I love you!” he squeaked.

The other one walked over to Donghae, “That’s right, who are you?”

Donghae looked at him and smiled, “I’m Donghae, your grandfather’s adopted children.”

“You mean servants?” Markus corrected him in a rude manner, “Children? Are you kidding me? You two are nothing but servants!”

“Markus, you’re being rude.” The other one said, “I’m Siwon, by the way. This is Henry.” He pointed to the chubby cheeks guy, “And this is Markus, but I’m guessing you already found out.”

“Are you kidding me? Those two, those two are nothing.” He glared at me, “Who the hell are you anyways?”

I didn’t reply.

“Well? Are you going to answer?”

Again, I didn’t say anything.

“You really are a brat.”

“She’s deaf.” Donghae said, “And mute.”

I looked at Markus who suddenly was trying to hide a guilty face. I wanted to tell him, “Why should I reply to someone who talked to me in that manner?”

I felt a pat on my shoulder, turning around, I saw Siwon smiling at me. He then moved his hands. I was confused for a moment at what he was doing, and then realized that he was talking to be in sign language.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Choi Siwon. What’s your name?”

“Alex.” I signed back.

Siwon was handsome, as in…Really, really handsome. He looked like a Greek god, honestly. He had big brown eyes, black hair, and well…His face was perfect.

“Siwon! Introduce me to her!” Henry said, peeping at me. He waved, “I’M HENRY LAU!” he yelled, and if I wasn’t a good actor, I would’ve covered my ears, but nope. I can’t hear anything.

“She can’t hear you, you nitwit.” Markus said, “I’m leaving.”

I watched him as he walked up the spiral staircase in a fit. Wow, I already hate that guy.

“Do you know where we’re staying?” Donghae asked, “We don’t know where dad is, so we’re pretty confused.”

“Dad?” Siwon blinked, but then realized it, “Ah! Grandfather! They’re in the library, talking. Why don’t you two come with me? I’ll take you to your room.”

“Really? That’ll be great!” Donghae bowed.

“I’ll help!” Henry raised his hand.

I looked around the big mansion, this place was 4 stories high, which brings on the question, why do they even need that much space? They’re not a big family, but 4 stories?

We were shown the music room, the reading room, the dance room, the TV room, the living room, the game room, the movie room, Siwon’s room, Henry’s room, Markus’s room, their stepsister’s room, the parent’s room, Mr. Choi’s room, our room, the bathroom, the project room, the clothes room, and so many rooms! They really are millionaires, I swear. They took us to the backyard and I was utterly shocked by how large it was. They had a garden, in which there was a maze, a green room, exotic trees, flowers from who knows where, fountains, statues, patios, all sorts.

“Wow.” Donghae said once again, staring at the place. “I think we’re living in a castle, Alex.” He shook my arm, making me look at him.

“How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking.” Siwon questioned. “I’m 17.”

“Ah, I’m 17 also!” Donghae smiled, “My sister is 14, almost 15.”

“I’m 15!” Henry beamed, looking at me. “Are we going to go to the same school then?”

“More than likely.” Siwon nodded, “But I think Alex may be in a different class since she can’t hear.”

“Ah, well, the funny thing is.” Donghae awkwardly laughed, “She’s probably going to be in your room since she likes the way the voice vibrates.”

“Really?” Henry wowed in amazement, “That’s amazing!”

That, and I have a photographic memory, so either way, I can simply listen to the teacher once without having to write down notes, therefore, my cover isn’t blown.

“Well then, I hope you like staying here then.” Siwon quickly bowed, “Ah, and I’m sorry you didn’t meet our other sister, Tiffany. She’s Markus’s sister, our step.” He smiled, “Ah, I think you’re going to love her.” He said sarcastically.

Donghae nodded, “Is she anything like her brother?”

“More or less.” Henry muttered, “She isn’t nice to Alvin though.”

“Alvin?” Donghae questioned.

“My chipmunk!” Henry beamed.

“Ahh…” My brother nodded.

We all walked back into the mansion, and wow, it was amazing. I was honestly surprised at how big it was, I would’ve thought it would’ve been smaller, something that would’ve been called home, but nope. I felt like I was at some museum, or huge private school, not home.

Donghae and I got into our rooms, and I laid in bed, staring at the ceiling. The walls were a pale blue color with translucent circles all around it, there was a built in closet, a desk, a bed (obviously) and a vanity. Nothing much, but the room was huge.

This place felt weird. It didn’t scream comfy, it quietly said “this is a business” rather than comfy. It didn’t feel like home, but maybe this is where I have to accept it.

This was my new home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for never updating! I forgot about this story, honestly! D: Comment if you still want me to continue! :)