Warm Up With A Flaming Charisma

Hello~! SHINee Oneshots.

Kan ReYeon

-musician, plays the cello

-moved to Seoul from Incheon

-easily effected by the weather

-in love with her supporter


 

A string of familiar notes rose up into the chilly air as friends, family, and passers-by came to a slow pace.


On a side street of a more bustling one, performers of all ages and genres picked up their instruments and begun to play various sounds that melded together to create a cacophony of sound.


It was Art Alley, a popular area for street performers to entertain, show off their talent and gain some cash.



It was not limited to people with guitars, or singers or dancers. Visual artists such as photographers, painters and a few actors as well were laced between the performers.


She was no exception.


She quietly set her case down by her feet, snapping the lock off and pushing the top up. She shivered a bit, it was a cold afternoon after all.
She pulled out a cello, the bottom of the case was imprinted with her name.


Kan ReYeon.



Swiftly, ReYeon stood up with her cello held up proper, a bow in her right hand. She touched the bow to the string and began to play. A deep, resounding bellow emitted from within the instrument and blended with the existing cacophony.


Those nearby stopped to listen on the classical piece being played. ReYeon closed her eyes and became in tune with her instrument, gliding her fingers across the strings and flicked her wrist with each movement of the bow.


Listeners could hear her music through the noise, the passion poured out like an overflowing cup.


At last, she struck the final cord rather dramatically and held her bow at her side. An eruption of applause rung through her ears as she wiped some sweat from her face, panting a bit. She gazed at her crowd, looking for him.


ReYeon smiled. She didn't find him there but she was glad they enjoyed her performance. She bowed politely as some change was thrown into her case. "Kamsahamnida!" she could feel the adrenaline pulsing through her veins and it made her feel warm despite the cold. She wiggled her fingers and brought the bow back to the cello.

"Let's change the pace a bit," she glanced at the crowd of people that had gathered. Some old and new listeners.


With a bright smile, ReYeon swayed with the upbeat bass sound she played.
A look of astonishment flashed through everyone's face as the cello player's sound of classics switched to a pop tune.



Other performers paused their activities to glance at ReYeon, then to each other. It was if they were connected telepathically, they smiled and nodded to one another before running over to her spot.


It was like it was a fixed performance.
Singers surrounded ReYeon and begun to sing the accompanying lyrics.
Actors went in front of them and swayed to the music, clapping their hands and encouraging the crowd to clap too.
And the dancers started a choreographed dance according to the song.


ReYeon gave a smile to the artists and listeners. They seemed so happy!
Other musicians joined in to company the music.
She could see the street artists busying themselves with their art, while dancing in their seat.
Photographers were recording and taking pictures of the crowd and performers.
ReYeon strained her eyes to look for that someone. It was hard to make out anyone in the thick crowd.


There!


A silhouette oh so familiar -she saw it, of course! ReYeon could see, in the far left he stood. Tall, covered in red outer wear obscuring half his face.
It had to be him. He was watching her play.
ReYeon's smile grew wider if possible at catching a glimpse of him.


Though his face was obstructed, she could tell he was smiling at her.


Contented, ReYeon focused on the strings making sure she played her best.
The clink of coins being tossed into her case didn't matter, she was trying to impress him the most.



After playing a few encores after that, the crowds and performers dispersed.
ReYeon tried to stall those who were in the performance, to distribute the money earned evenly.
Most of them declined politely, saying they were just happy to gain a crowd.
Others just plucked a few coins just enough to pay for their bus fair.

ReYeon sighed and smiled softly, giving them all a bow before collecting the earnings in a pouch and putting her cello away.



"Today was one of my favourite performances." ReYeon whispered to the sky, crouching by her case. A smile was on her lips as she gazed up at the darkened sky.


The adrenaline rush was fading and she could feel the cold nipping at her exposed face, hands and neck.


ReYeon shivered as the chill crept into her clothes.


She wrapped her arms around herself and looked for him.


He was no longer at his spot.


"Chingu-ah?" confused, ReYeon stared at the spot. Maybe if she stayed fixated to that spot he'd appear.


He wasn't there.
'Maybe he went somewhere?' She thought. Usually he would wait for her and they'd head home together...


ReYeon shook her head and sat down on the bench.
"I'll wait for you."


 

part one! seems like im now making 2parters....odd.

i'll add the next part soon. meanwhile, enjoy this picture!  

like father, like son ! :'D