The Story Behind 'Baby Don't Cry' | cr: to the owner!

T.K.M.A.E.P.♛ - The Trilogy ; Still Editing

 

The lyrics were an inspiration from the original story of The Little Mermaid.
When the mermaid turns 15, she falls in love with a prince whom she rescued. The Little Mermaid, longing for the prince and an eternal soul, eventually visits the Sea Witch, who sells her a potion that gives her legs, in exchange for her tongue. The Sea Witch warns, however, that once she becomes a human, she will never be able to return to the sea. In addition, she will only get a soul if she finds true love’s kiss and if the prince loves her and marries her, for then a part of his soul will flow into her. Otherwise, at dawn on the first day after he marries another woman, the Little Mermaid will die brokenhearted and disintegrate into sea foam.

Despite their love for each other, the prince and princess marry, and the Little Mermaid’s heart breaks. She thinks of all that she has given up and of all the pain she has suffered. She despairs, thinking of the death that awaits her, but before dawn, her sisters bring her a knife that the Sea Witch has given them in exchange for their long hair. If the Little Mermaid slays the prince with the knife and lets his blood drip on her feet, she will become a mermaid again, all her suffering will end and she will live out her full life.

But, she couldn’t bring herself to kill the prince. The prince notices and so because he loves the mermaid so much, he tells the mermaid to kill him instead. Even if she kills him, his love will still always protect the little mermaid for life.