Paralysed.

Twilight Love

tao's POV:

  the girl at Kris' front door had long, jet-black hair that was soaked by the rain, an extremely pale complexion and long bangs that covered her eyes completely. i wondered how she saw through them. she was about a year or two younger than I was, which made her about 14, or 13. who was she? Could she be… Kris’ girlfriend? No, it couldn’t be, Kris would’ve said something about it if she was. But it still bothered me. What the hell was a girl doing at Kris’ front door?

  “oh no, it’s YOU.” Kris sighed over-dramatically over my shoulder.  The girl put her hands on her hips and glared, (well, I couldn’t really tell if she was glaring. I couldn’t even see her eyes. But I had a feeling she was glaring. “why, do you have a problem with that?” she shot back. Kris’ mouth curved into a small, playful half-smile, and so did the girl’s. I looked between them curiously.

  Kris opened the door a little wider, inviting the girl in. I noted that she was drenched, from head to toe by the rain. She stood before the couch. “don’t sit. You’ll wet my couch.” Kris snapped. The girl sat anyways. “aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend, Kris *Onii?” she flashed me a dazzling smile. She was probably a relative. She kinda looked like Kris, well, the bottom half of her face did, since I couldn’t see the top half. Kris wasn’t much of a smiler, would he ever smile at me like that? The thought of it made all the blood rush to my face. “hey…” I stuttered shyly, an image of Kris still floating about in my head.

  Kris frowned at that. The playful and carefree look on his face melted away. “Tao, this is my cousin, Rumor, she’s from Tokyo. Rumor, this is Tao, my friend. he’s here because we were working on a project.” He spat impatiently. I didn’t know what irritated him. Did I do something wrong?

  “excuse me,” he said, looking down and pushing past me. I heard the bathroom door slam shut. He didn’t have to leave me alone with Rumor, it was so Awkward. I shuffled my feet nervously. Silence. I twisted around, to say something but what I saw stunned me.

  Rumor had her bangs flicked out of her eyes. One of her eyes, was a light, stormy blue-gray. It was a very pretty colour, the colour of a stormy blue sky. And it was framed by ink-black eyes.

  But the other eye was what shocked me.

  It was a startling wine-red. And it was weird, but mesmorising. And it was like I was under a trance. I couldn’t move.

  I couldn’t move.

  It was as if invisible locks had clicked and invisible chains held me in place. I couldn’t run and I was paralyzed. Frozen.

  I looked up, alarmed, and Rumor was crawling towards me. opened, to reveal a pair of fangs. And I couldn’t do anything about it. All I could do was stare into her blood-red eye. Pretty soon, she straddled me and bent down towards my neck. “this is just going to feel like a little-“

  “what the hell are you doing?!” a voice echoed through the room. Rumor turned around, startled. And the trance broke.

  Kris stood in front of us, his eyes showed traces of shock and then anger. He shot towards me, and pulled me right off the house, he held me protectively.

  “I wasn’t  going to drain him. “ Rumor was still smiling. But she was annoyed. It was in her eyes. “I was just gonna-“

  “well you CAN’T. NOT EVEN A SIP.” Kris snapped. And it could be just me, but I felt his arms squeeze me tighter.

  “why not?” Rumor asked. her voice was still soft.

  "because he's mine. that's why." Kris glared.

  Rumor turned up her nose. "fine, i'll just go out and get myself some real food." she said, her smile didn't fade. but her eyes held an irritated look. she walked off.

"because he's mine. that's why."

"mine."

  my face burned. "um... Kris...?" i said softly. he was still holding me. he let go of me, almost immediately. we both stood, looking at our feet.

 

hope you enjoyed. i'm going to bed. *glares at Exotic Sone who FORCED me to do the chapter.

- sauce101