Connections

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

Kai’s dad was behind the table of his study room while EXO sat on two opposite couches in front of him.

“Dad? Since when did you have connections with those rabid gangs? I thought you don’t like dealing with them?” Kai paced beside his father who was busy making calls.

“In my line of business, you gotta learn how to deceive your enemies and hold them by the neck. Everyone feared me coz I have people who won’t think twice in slitting their throats.” he said with a poker face still having his phone on his ear.

Chanyeol nudged DO who slumped beside him and whispered. “Like father, like son… They’re equally scary!”

“Mhmm! Now I know how Jongin got his temper.” DO murmured.

“Abeoji? How will they be able to find Kenji’s hideout?” Kris blurted.

Kai’s dad placed his phone down on the table and crossed his arms on it. “You see… Every gang out there is connected through a network and however dangerous they are, they still have to watch there backs, so they stalk each other whether friend or foe. It’s what they do best and even does a better job than any intelligence agencies.”

The boys looked at each other and nodded in agreement. “I don’t mean to disrespect you sir, but what made you decide to help us find Sunmi?” Sehun asked.

They never questioned his intention coz they all agreed with him. Kai stood facing him with hands on his waist while his dad leaned back to his chair with one leg over the other. “Well, a common misconception of me is that I'm scary and loves to make someone else's life miserable, which I suppose I am really. But I'm pretty well-mannered too, I like to act as a fair, kind man at some point.” and smiled.

“Uwaaaa~ He’s definitely Jongin’s dad! Daayuumm!” Baekhyun nudged Luhan beside him.

“I’m starting to think that Sunmi might’ve softened up Darth Vader himself.” Suho whispered and they snorted.

The phone of Kai’s dad suddenly rang. “What do you got? Mhmmm…” he took a pen and piece of paper beside his computer and tucked his phone between his ear and shoulder to write. “Anything else? … Oh really? That’s interesting…” he mused and EXO got intrigued. “Okay then… Good job!” and he hang up.

Kai then rushed closer to his side. “What is it?”

“They found him... He’s in an old strip club in Hongdae that no longer operates.” he stood and Kai blocked him. “Where are you going?”

“Going to get your friend, of course!” he raised an eyebrow.

“No dad! We’ll take care of it. You’ve done enough already.” his son protested.

“Mwoh? Do you expect me to let you kids go into a Yakuza lair. No ing way!” he pointed a finger to his face.

“Dad, I whopped Kenji’s before and I can do it a million times over again.”

Kris stood and cracked his knuckles. “Neh! Don’t worry abeoji, I got Jongin’s back!” The rest of EXO stood as well. “We got there backs!” they chorused.

“Fine! But I’ll send my men with you.” and they nodded.

 “Thanks dad! We’ll go ahead.” but his father grabbed his arm. “Jongin, they told me that Kenji is waiting for you. He knows you’re coming for him. Be careful, son!”

“Tch! Of course he knows, dad… He knew from the moment he set foot in this country!”

EXO bowed to him and left the study room. They decided for a quick trip home to prepare for an upcoming battle then back at Kai’s house.

Kai leaned against his car wearing an all black ensemble with two black pistols at the back of his waistline. He was tightening his fingerless gloves and looking at the stars. ‘I’m coming Sunmi... Hang in there!’ then the rest of them started arriving.

“Are you sure about this, bro?” he asked Sehun.

“Dude, is that even a question? I’ll get them back even if it kills me!” he hissed.

Suho just parked his car followed by Luhan and they both walked to Kai and Sehun. He noticed him holding a toy. “Hyung! Seriously? Rubix cube? What are you gonna do? Poke someone in the eye with that?”

“HA! HA! Very funny! It’s my stress reliever. Pft!” he scoffed.

The last car to arrive was the Maserati. Kris jumped out of the driver seat with a desert eagle on each hand and both guns with silver casings glistened when catches a light. Tao, on the other hand, caught up beside him gripping a long staff with one hand. An immense aura of threat exude them and strode like models with deadly weapons on hand.

“Damn! Those brothers are badass!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

“Mhmmm! Tao is the Kungfu Panda for a reason!” Luhan beamed.

“I should stick to him then!” Chanyeol grinned.

“No! You should go with Luhan hyung! His magical cube will turn into an autobot!” Suho sarcased and snorted.

“YAH!!! Maybe it will! Aish!” Luhan stuck his tongue out to him and continued playing with his colorful toy.

Kris stopped in front of them and the mood changed. “Guys! Watch each other’s back, okay? Don’t show mercy, coz Kenji’s men will never do!”

“NEH!!!” they all replied and pounded their fists with each other.

Sehun jumped into his car and paused for a moment. He closed his eyes and clutched his chest with one hand while the other gripped the steering wheel. ‘This is for you, babe! Keep breathing for me!’ and kissed their friendship bond.