My Angel

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

You saw the rest of EXO outside the building. Sehun ran up to you after getting out of the car. “Sunmi-ah, did you receive any suspicious messages prior to the one earlier?”

You tapped your chin and looked to the side. “Ermmm… Nope! Wae yo?”

“I just have a bad feeling about this…” he then placed an arm around your shoulder as you walk up to your apartment.

“Don’t mind it. It’s prolly some prank.” you smiled.

“Yeah…” he sighed.

The boys trailed behind while looking at each other’s phone. “Uwaaaa~ Same font, same words, same punctuation… Creepy much!” Chanyeol exclaimed over DO’s phone. “I know right…” he replied.

“Jongin, it could be your appa again!” Suho added who walked beside him.

“I called him on the way here. It’s not him…” Kai brushed his eyebrows while scribbling his phone. “Hyung, any idea who could it be?” he asked Kris.

“I have someone in mind but its impossible.” he walked with hands on his pockets.

“Who?” Luhan wondered.

“Kenji!” he stuttered.

“WHO???” Luhan added.

You suddenly noticed the boys stopped in front of your door and refused to get in. “We’ll follow you, Sunmi.” Baekhyun faked a smile. “Okay…” then you and Sehun went in.

“We bumped into some trouble with him in Japan.” Kris explained as they huddled outside the apartment.

“It must be him, then!” Chanyeol gestured his hand.

“I dunno, man! It’s too far fetched…” Kai rubbed his chin.

“Yeah… But we can’t let our guards down. We gotta watch each other’s back, okay?” Kris warned them.

“Neh!” they all agreed.

----------

The following day, you all went to the club. EXO stayed in their booth while you talked to GD in the office.

You both sat on the couch while Sungmin is on floor watching TV. You leaned your head on his shoulder while your feet were on the coffee table and hugged a cushion. “What’s this about sis?”

“You know about Kris and Jongin, right?” and he nodded. “And with Sehun as well?” you added.

“Mhmmm! My baby girl is popular with the boys now!” he smirked. “Oopppaaaa~” you pouted.

He then ruffled your hair. “Fine! What about them?”

“It feels like Kris is drifting away from me…” you started the tattoo on his arm.

“You know what? It’s actually the other way around.” and you raised your head to meet his gaze. “Huh? What do you mean?”

“Sweetie, I know how close you are with the boys especially Sehun, and I know how hard it is to divide your attention to each of them but you have to set your limitations. Those boys have a strong attraction towards you and I understand if they love to show it... But it does not necessarily mean that you will return the same favor just to be fair. It's not how it works.”

You leaned your head back to his shoulder and continued poking his tattoo. “Sunmi-ah, the more you try to equally return the affection and sweetness they show you, the more they will expect and the more they will get hurt.” you finally realized your mistake like cold water being poured over you. It was like a jab on the stomach.

“I messed up, didn’t I?” she asked.

“Errmm… Part of it!” GD then your hair. “Sweetie, half of life is ing up - the other half is dealing with it. Fix it before it's too late. Okay?”

“Neehhh! Komawo oppa…Damn, I’m stupid!” you sighed.

“Aigooo~ Little sister is having love dilemma… Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!” he shook his head.

Then Sehun suddenly came in. “Sunmi-ah, gaja! I’ll take you home, it’s late already.” he then jumped beside you.

“Would it be okay if Kris would take me home this time? I need to talk to him…” you whispered.

“Of course! Be careful on the way and I’ll see you tomorrow. Love you babe!” he stood and kissed your forehead. “Love you too…” and he went to GD. “Hyung, I’ll see you around, ay’t?”

“Yeah… Holla at me if you need anything.” and gave each other a bro hug.

Sehun left and Kris went in. “Well… I’ll go ahead, oppa!” you stood and hugged GD. “Cool! Hey, take it easy okay? Everything’s gonna be fine!” he rubbed your back and you smiled.

Kris went to pick Sungmin up who fell asleep on the floor. “Hyung! We’ll bounce!” he saluted GD.

“Yup! Take care of them, ay’t?” he waved.

Sungmin laid his head on Kris’ shoulder while he carried him with one hand and laced your fingers with the other. It’s been a while since you walked home alone with him and it was surreal and quiet. You glanced at his face and your eyes were instantly glued. ‘Gosh! Kris is forever charming!’

“Hey stop staring and start talking. You’re making me feel awkward.”

“Oh! So you actually know how to feel awkward?” your jaw dropped.

“Yah! I have feelings too even I’m that godly.” and your jaw further dropped to the ground.

“Uwaaaaa~ Hail to you my king! Your nose is just waayyy up in the air! Tch!” you scoffed.

Kris chuckled. “I’m just lightening up the mood. You were too serious back there… Now tell me what’s on your mind…” he turned to you and smiled.

You gripped his hand tighter and moved closer to his side while your other hand held his toned upper arm. “Ermmm… Are you mad at me?”

“Ehhh??? That’s nonsense, Sunmi! Why would I be mad? If this about Sehun or Jongin, don’t think about it, okay?”

“How can I not think about it if one of you is getting hurt? I hate it Kris! I don’t like it!” you hissed.

Kris stopped and turned to lift your chin up. “Look at me…” you followed and he cupped your face with one hand. “I may not get to see you as often as I like, I may not get to hold you at night, but deep in my heart I know that I love you… And I don’t say it to hear it back, I say it so you won’t forget.”

You raised your hand and held his face as well. “I will NEVER forget and if you see me looking at you or staring at you or giving you the eye, just let me be coz I’m trying to look for your wings. You're my angel, remember?”

Kris smiled. “I am… Always has been!” he took your hand from his cheek and kissed it after. He pulled you closer and pressed your back on the other side of his chest. “You’re the best thing that happened to me and I came to realize that love is not who you can see yourself with. It is who you can't see yourself without and seeing you breathe and smile is all I need... Whatever your decision is, I will respect it and I promise you that we'll never be apart!”

“Thank you, Kris!” you whispered.

----------

The sun has shone and it reflected through Kris’ bedroom window. He laid on his stomach while an arm draped on the edge of his bed. His blanket covered his lower body and sunk his face on a pillow.

A tall black haired boy suddenly came running through the door and started shaking him frantically.

“Gege! Hey gege!” his warm touch didn’t affect Kris’ bared shoulders so he pulled his blanket away. “GEGE! WAKE UP!!! and shouted.

Kris finally woke. His head shot up and it moved from side to side trying to look for the culprit who dared to disturb him in slumber. He squinted to a blurry figure who was staring at him with a worried look and hands on his waist.

“T-Tao?” he croaked half asleep.

“It’s me! Huang Zitao!” you gotta wake up! It’s important!”

Kris sat up crossed leg and stretched out his arms yawning. “Why are you here? Did something happen at home?”

Tao then sat on the edge of the bed. “Not at home… But here! Something is about happen or might have happened already…”