Make Peace

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

Lunch was unexpectedly quiet between EXO and Sunmi. They ate together at the lounge but never said a word to each other. She was disappointed with them for almost ruining her night while they felt bad when she didn’t told them about her date.

Sehun would glance at Sunmi while she ate and study at the same time. Lunchbox on one side and a notebook on the other. His eyes followed her head that moved from side to side when she takes a bite and goes back writing.

He intentionally dropped his chopsticks making her flinch. “YAH! Are we gonna do this all day?” he hissed.

“It depends…” and ignored him.

“Look! We’re sorry, okay? It was stupid of us to follow you and Luhan around. But you kept it from us too. We’re friends and you’re not suppose to hide something from us.”

She placed her pen down and slumped on her chair. “Are you telling me it’s my fault?”

“Part of it… Had we known that Luhan was your date, we wouldn’t follow you coz we won’t allow you in the first place!”

“Why do you hate him so much? It’s as if he committed a crime against you guys.” and the room became tensed with eyes only directed to her.

“He told you, didn’t he?” Suho blurted who sat in front of her.

“Everything! And as a matter of fact, I believed him!”

Suho raised his arms in the air while Sehun slumped on his seat with arms on his chest. Kris and Kai just stared at her in disbelief.

“Sunmi, he’s a liar! He betrayed me!” Suho snarled.

She straightened up and now on the edge of her seat. “Do you even know what exactly happened?”

“I don’t have to. The picture says it all!”

“See? That’s the problem! You never listened to him and just let anger took over you.”

“Wait a minute… Why are you defending him? You don’t even know him!” Suho added while the rest of EXO watch.

“Oppa, Luhan has a good heart. Good enough that he became a part of your group and earn Jiyong oppa’s trust.”

Suho stood in the heat of the argument. “He betrayed me, Sunmi! Do you understand that?”

Sunmi stood as well and leaned closer to him. “He did not! He was telling all of you the truth but you refused to listen! Luhan treated you as his brother! And as much as he wants Mikyung for himself, he gave up on her coz he knew how much you loved her!” she poked a finger on his chest.

“What? What are you talking about?” Suho stuttered and blinked a couple of times.

Sunmi heaved a sigh and sat back down. “Luhan loved Mikyung as well but stopped his feelings coz he doesn’t want to take away your happiness. That girl was just stupid and desperate enough to send you that ing picture!” and shook her head.

Suho choked upon hearing her words. He never knew this side of the story, in fact he never thought Luhan had feelings for her ex and kept it from all of them. ‘Goddamnit Luhan! Why did you do it?’ he thought and walked out of the room.

“Hyung!” Baekhyun followed.

They all remained frozen in their spots. Chanyeol and DO slumped on their seats. Kai crossed his arms on table and sunk his face in it while Kris took out his phone and scribbled in it. Sunmi stood and went to the couch followed by Sehun.

She rested her head in the back rest and hugged a cushion. “I’m sorry…” he whispered after seating beside her. “Me too…”

Sehun then placed his arm under her neck and pulled her closer to his side. “Aigooo! I miss our skinships lately. You’ve been a busy girl that you no longer spend time with me…” he pouted.

She raised her head to look at him. “Skinship? You’re not even my boyfriend!” but he pressed her head back to his chest. “Yah! You’re mine until you find someone worthy enough to replace me!” he snickered.

“MWOH?!” she raised her head once again but Sehun pressed it back. “So tell me… How was your date with Luhan?”

“I don’t think I have to tell you coz you stalked us already! Tch!” she hissed. “I mean… I just wanna know how he treated you. Was he nice? Did he take care of you?”

“Well, I can say that he’s clearly a part of EXO given his arrogance.” she complained and he laughed it off. “But he’s really nice… He’s sweet, a gentleman and very charming…”

Sehun looked down on her and raised an eyebrow. “Are you telling me that you like him?”

She raised her head and looked up to him. “I like him as a friend, babo! There’s no chemistry between us!”

Sehun heaved a sigh of relief. He took the cushion that she was hugging and made her hug him instead. “How about us? When are we going for a date?” he asked while leaning his cheek on her head.

“Date my ! I’m busy!” she scoffed. “Besides, I think we have zero chemistry as well.” she snorted.

“If you call this zero chemistry, then I dunno what is!” he then kissed her head. “You’re crazy, Sehun!” they both laughed.

Chanyeol appeared behind the couch and whispered on Sehun’s ear. “Yah! I think you need to stop already. I got a feeling that Jongin and Kris hyung is about to whip your .”

Sehun turned and saw Kai’s eyes turned into slits while Kris glared with matching red eyes. He looked away and continued snuggling with Sunmi.

“What did he tell you?” she asked Sehun.

“Some guy stuff… Ahhhh~ I hope we can do this every day… I’m so lucky!” he yelled and kissed her on the cheek this time. Sunmi wiped her cheek with her blazer and muttered inaudible words.

Chanyeol slumped on the couch across them with hands at the back of his head. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you!”

Then came Kris. He swiftly yanked Sehun away and kicked his towards Chanyeol. “I told you so!” he snickered when Sehun landed beside him.

Kris slumped beside Sunmi and crossed both legs on the coffee table. Kai also jumped from behind the couch and landed on the other side of her.

“W-What’s going on?” she stuttered.

“Nothing… I just liked it here better. Much comfier and cozy.” Kris leaned his head on her shoulder and pretended to sleep. “Me too…” and so did Kai.

“Yah! If you guys wanna sleep, go somewhere else. I’m not a ing bed!” she hissed. “Shut up! I need my power nap!” Kai shifted to his side and placed an arm on her waist.

“Ugh!” Her jaw dropped and gave Sehun and Chanyeol a ‘help me’ look. They just shrugged at her and left her defeated.

----------

The day ended really well. Tutoring went smoothly even if the boys were not as energetic since Suho remained quiet. They all walked to the parking lot with DO tugging Sungmin. “Hyung! Can you buy me ice cream later?”

“Sure! But you have to promise me that you’ll do well with your grades…”

“I promise!” Sungmin then noticed a red sportscar. “Uwaaaa~ It looks like my matchbox toy. So pweety!” he beamed.

Sunmi ran past them after seeing Luhan leaning against his car. “You’re here?” she asked.

“Can’t I pick you up anymore?” he pouted.

“O-Of course you can! It’s just that…” EXO then lined up in front of them.

Their eyes were set on him and she can’t tell if they’re gonna attack him or not. But her arms instinctively stretched out to protect Luhan. “What are you doing?” he asked.

“All of you are my friends but I can’t let them hurt you.” she said while watching EXO get near them.

Luhan loved the feeling that he’s having. It’s the first time in his life that someone stood up for him. Someone who’s willing to get hurt for his sake and not even a family. ‘Aish! This girl is driving me crazy!’

Suho walked ahead of the pack and stood just a few inches away from Sunmi. “Move!” he hissed.

“Sorry oppa but I can’t…” and they stared each other.

“I’m gonna say it one more time, Sunmi… Move!” but she remained in front of Luhan. Suho turned his head to EXO. “Sehun-ah! Take her away or I might just regret what I can do to her!” he growled.

Luhan then grabbed Sunmi and stepped in front of her. “You don’t have to. Now what?” and glared at each other.

Sungmin pulled DO’s jacket after sensing the danger with his sister. “Hyung! Are they gonna fight? Don’t let noona get hurt!”

“Don’t worry Sehun already got her.”

“Let go of me!” Sunmi struggled after Sehun pulled her away from Luhan. “No! Let’s leave them so they can talk.”

Sehun and Sunmi walked to where EXO is. Suho and Luhan sized each other up with clenched fists on the side. It became quiet that you can already hear a pin drop. Their eyes grew big when they saw Suho raised both arms. ‘Opaa, don’t hurt Luhan. Please!’ Sunmi thought.

Suho then wrapped his arms Luhan’s shoulder. “Hyung, I’m sorry! I didn’t know… Please forgive me!”

Luhan was stunned at his actions. He really thought Suho is aiming for a punch or would tackle him to the ground. He slowly raised his arms and hugged Suho. “I’m sorry as well…”

“Let’s forget about everything, okay? And from now on, no more keeping of secrets, araseo?” Suho added. “Neh...” Luhan smiled.

“Aigooo~ Bromance at its best!” Baekhyun beamed. EXO and Sunmi were relieved to see them back together. They couldn’t be happier for the return of an old friend and finally settled their differences.

Sunmi ran up to them and both boys moved their arms to hug her. “Sunmi-ah… Komawo!” Suho told her.

“Anything for you guys!” she giggled and the rest of EXO joined them. “GROUP HUG!!!” Sehun yelled.

“I wanna join too!” Sungmin squeezed in between their legs and made his way in between them. “STOP!!! ALL OF YOU ARE SQUISHING MY NOONA!!!” the boy yelled.

“Miahnae!” they chorused and laughed.