Stalker

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

As you are about to drop Sungmin off in his classroom, Kai forcefully bumped into your shoulder. He walked passed you with a smirk trailing EXO from behind. “Jerk!” you hissed while boring a death glare through the back of his head.

Sungmin suddenly pulled your jacket. “Noona, that’s the guy from yesterday.” he pointed at a tall brown haired boy.

“Get in class! I’ll see you later, okay?” you said in a sweet voice kissing his head after. But seeing the bruised face of your brother is all it took to infuriate you. Cheeks flushed, mouth quivering, eyes closing to slits and your mind went blank. You don’t care anymore if you get expelled or get hurt as long as they all get the message that no one hurts your brother.

Kris was walking ahead of EXO when you ran in front of him with clenched fist. “What do you want?” he raised an eyebrow.

‘Cocky bastard!’ you smirked. Then you let go a right uppercut sending him to the ground. EXO was caught by surprise together with the rest of students who happens to pass by. Kai stood frozen looking at you with disbelief. Suho and Chanyeol tried to help Kris but he shoved them away.

“Mess with my brother and I will personally welcome you to hell!” you growled while looking down at him.

He stood back up and was about to grab you when Sehun suddenly stood in front of you. “Hyung, don’t! It was your fault in the first place!”

“What do you mean his fault?” Kai blurted while Suho and Chanyeol gave a questioning look to Sehun.

“Ask him!” he replied.

“ this!” Kris scoffed and walked passed you both followed by the rest of EXO so did the rest of the students who started to murmur.

You then heaved a sigh while rubbing your fist. “Gwenchana?” Sehun asked.

“I’m okay… You always end up defending me when I’m in trouble. Komawo Sehun-shi!” you slightly bowed to him.

You and Sehun were actually classmates since 2nd grade and only got separated upon reaching Junior year. It’s amazing how he manages to show up when someone bullies you. You never became friends given that he is a part of EXO but being there to watch out for you was enough for him.

“Don’t mention it… Just be careful next time. I won’t be there all the time, y’know?”

“Tch! I can handle it by myself!”

“Riigghhht… Does it hurt?” he asked and you nodded. “HA HA HA! And you tell me you can handle it. Pleaassee!” he laughed.

“Aish!” you scoffed. “Miahnae… Let's go!” he said and you both started walking to class.

‘They seem close. What’s up with them?’ Kai felt a twinge in the pit of his stomach but suddenly moved after seeing you and Sehun headed towards him.

News spread like wildfire when all eyes are on you after coming in the classroom. Girls were whispering behind you while the boys couldn’t care less. Hyuna suddenly towered over you after taking a seat.

“Oh Sunmi, why did you hit Kris oppa? Don’t you know who he is?”

“I’m not in the mood to talk right now. Leave me alone...” you said nicely.

“Mwoh? How dare you talk to me like that!” she suddenly smacked your head. The room got filled with gasps while you close your eyes as you try to hold it in. You needed to restrain yourself from causing more trouble.

Kai straightened up from his seat to watch you while Kris did the same. They both waited for a catfight that is about to go down.

But you stood and slightly bowed to Hyuna. “Jesunghamnida…”

‘What the hell is she doing? Fight back! C’mon! I know you're one strong girl. Stand up for yourself damn it!’ Kai yelled in his mind.

“I don’t need your apology but Kris oppa does. Go to him and beg for forgiveness!” she then pointed at Kris who was eyeing you from afar.

You raged after hearing his name again and again, and your burning eyes met his confused gaze. ‘Hell no! That bastard deserves more than a torn lip.’

“What are you waiting for?” Hyuna pushed you but Kris stood. He walked towards your chair but you remained waiting to get beaten.

Hyuna got shoved on the side when Kris grabbed your wrist while Kai was too shocked to react as he watches you being dragged out of the classroom. ‘What the ? My friends are driving me crazy! AISH!’ he then slammed his fist on the desk.

“Yah! Let go of me!” you yelled while trying to break free but the more you struggle, the tighter his grip becomes.

He pushed you against a wall and placed both arms on each side of your head, locking you in. He leaned closer and you can already feel his rapid breathing and intense glare.

“Why didn’t you fight back? You punched me for sake! Yet you can barely lay a hand on that when she humiliated you in front of everybody!” he hissed.

“I punched you for hurting my brother! I didn’t fight back coz I’m trying to survive this god damn school! Happy?” Kris bent his head to look down and sighed. ‘This girl is gonna be my pain. That’s for sure!’

You stooped to pass under his long arms but he pulled you back closing the gap in between you. His eyes became sullen, filled with regret and tenderness. His lips are just a few inches away that you started pressing yours together. “Sometimes fighting back will help you survive.” he said but you smirked.

“How long did it take you to come up with that one? Thanks but I don’t take advices from stupid people.” You manage to push him away and walked back to class.

Lunch came and you walked out right away. Kai tried to follow you but got lost once again so he joined EXO in their lounge instead. Kris slumped on a couch pretending to sleep while listening to his Ipod. He lost the appetite to eat when all he can think of is you.

“Hyung, gwenchana?” Chanyeol asked.

“Mhmm…” he retorted.

“Don’t worry… We’ll make that girl pay for what she did to you.” Kai added.

“No one touches her!” Sehun suddenly snarled and they all stopped eating.

“Excuse me?” Kai glared at him while Kris sat up to look at him.

“You heard me! Leave her alone! Everything is hard for her already, don’t make it even harder!” he then started to leave but Kai stood in front of him.

“Wae? Are you her boyfriend? How can you care so much for that girl?” Kai and Sehun are now face to face.

The rest of EXO stood to break them apart but they resisted. “I’m just trying to be a friend coz she deserves to have one. Tch!” Sehun pushed him aside and walked out.

----------

You’re eating and busy twirling the ring on your index finger when you heard the door opened. Since you got used to the ghostly encounters, you brushed it off but a shadow suddenly blocks the light from behind your back. Your eyes widened and got a run of goose bumps. You sat there frozen when a hand touched your shoulder. ‘! I’m too young to die of heart attack. I can’t die… No one will take care of Sungmin… Andwae!' you panicked.

But the shadow spoke. “Sunmi-ah. Can I have some of the egg rolls?”

You turned and saw Sehun eyeing your lunch box. “Yah! You scared the out of me!” your voice rang throughout the whole place.

“What’s wrong? You look pale?” he asked after sitting across you.

“I thought you’re a ghost. Tch! How did you know I’m here anyway?” you then passed your lunchbox to him. “Here…” you added.

“Erm… I accidentally saw you went in here two years ago and I’ve been watching you ever since…” he smiled and ate.

“Stalker much?” you scoffed.

“I’m sorry but you’re not my type. If Lee Hyori is your sister, you might just stand a chance…” he joked and your mouth shaped like an O. “Seriously though, I’m not stalking. I feel good just by watching you from afar. You have that calm and peaceful aura…” Sehun almost choked at his words. He doesn’t know where he suddenly got the courage to walk up and talk to you. It got awkward for a moment so he changed the topic. “In fact, I get to know you more just by doing it.”

“Still creepy… But like what?” you poked an egg roll and slipped it to your mouth.

“That ring is prolly an heirloom coz you always stare at it with special care…” he pointed your finger with the chopstick. “You can’t swim given that the bravest you ever did is dipping your feet in the pool… And egg rolls are your specialty and I can now say that it’s really, really good!” he explained while chowing down the last piece.

Your lips curled down while nodding your head. “Not bad! I’m impressed! But yeah, this is my mom’s ring and I make the best egg roll and kimbap in the world… All these years, I thought this building is haunted, turns out there’s a creepy lurker watching me. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!” you shook your head.

“Sorry…” he said.

“But why now? You could’ve done this way before and spared me from what I thought haunting moments?”

Sehun thought of the argument he had with Kai which gave him the boost to finally approach you. ‘Coz I’m a coward and it’s about time you have a friend.’

“Coz I’m starving and I’ve been drooling over your food for a long time now… Friends?” he then reach out his hand to you.

You thought hard whether to accept his offer thinking that he’s a part of EXO and might just be playing tricks on you. But looking at the sincerity in his eyes, you slapped his hand instead of shaking it.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” he said.

“But let’s just leave everything as it is, okay? I don’t like being in the spotlight.” you pleaded.

“Araseo!” he obliged.