Date?

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

Sunmi walked into a room specially designated for tutoring EXO. It resembled a mini library where books are properly stacked in shelves mounted on the wall. A rectangular table stood in the middle with 7 seven chairs on one side and only one on the other.

“So… For today, I’ll be asking you some simple yet tricky Math problems.” she announced and the boys slumped on their seats.

“Math? Not fair! You know very well that I at it!” Chanyeol pouted.

“Me too! Can you try something else, please?” Sehun pleaded with palms clasped together.

“Shireo! How will you learn if you keep on avoiding it? Don’t worry, it’ll be easy! Even Sungmin knows this stuff…” but they still remained uninterested. Suho is on the far end reading a magazine about golf. Kris and Kai just stared at her. Baekhyun and DO who are seated on the other end of the table, played with their phones.

“Very well then… I guess I’ll have to throw these away instead... “she took out 3 boxes filled with handmade chocolates in different shapes from her backpack. “I stayed up all night just to make them and will just end up in the trash. Bummer!” and sighed.

They suddenly straightened up with hungry eyes glued only on what they can consider a priceless item. “Y-You made those?” Suho asked while eyeing a heart shaped white chocolate. “Mhmmm! And they taste good… It’s my mom’s special recipe.”

She can see how much the chocolates motivated them. They’re now waiting for her instructions and willing to give anything just to get their hands on it.

“Are you still up for some Math challenge?” she asked and they instantly nodded. “Good! So… Whoever gives me the correct answer will get a box… But for every wrong answer you give me, I’ll take one piece and eat it.” she beamed.

“Hey! How could you?” Kris complained.

“What? Can’t I enjoy my own creations? Tch!”

Sunmi then gave the first question. “There are 8 apples on the table, you take 3. How many do you have?”

Sehun shot his arm in the air. “Five!” Suho slapped his forehead and she took one chocolate from the box. “Babo! If you take 3 then you have 3!” Suho hissed at him. “Oh right!” Sehun forced a smile to them.

“Next question…” she spoke with full. “There were 10 birds in a field. 2 were shot, how many were left?”

They all paused for a bit and thought hard.”Eight?” Chanyeol asked. Sunmi took another chocolate from a different box and their mouths fell wide open. “Aaanniii…” she beamed. “…there are only 2 left since the others flew away…Hahaha! Aigooo, I never thought mom’s recipe is so good!”

“Oh Sunmi!, are you playing tricks with us?” Baekhyun asked. “Of course not! We’re in a win-win situation here. You get to learn something while my stomach gets to enjoy. You better think things through or I’ll end up eating all of these.”

“You wouldn’t!” Kris smirked. “Try me!” she grinned and asked another question. “If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken?”

“That’s hard!” DO complained but Suho raised his pen. “1 hour!”

“Wae yo?” she asked. “Coz you’ll take one at 1 o'clock, then another at 1:30 and the last at 2 o'clock.”

Sunmi then tossed a box to him. “Good job, oppa!”

“YESSS!” he exclaimed and hugged the box. “Hyung! Can I have one?” Sehun pleaded. “Hell no!”

“See! It’s not that hard… Okay, next question... You are participating in a race. You overtake the second. What position do you finish?”

“Second!” Kai answered right away. They’re all dumbfounded. The one who has been quiet all along just managed to snatch a prize. Sunmi cleared and slid a box to him. “G-Good job…” she stuttered and they looked at each other for a bit. Kai smiled to her while she responded with a soft smile. ‘That’s good enough Sunmi! Komawo!’ he took the box and never let go of it.

“Okay… For the last box, here’s the question.” she announced and the rest of them are now on the edge of their seats. “In baseball, how many outs are there in an inning?”

“Three?” DO blurted and Sunmi automatically took another piece. “Yah! Stop giving out answers if you’re not sure! Aish!” Chanyeol fumed while Kai and Suho snickered.

“Six!” Kris blurted. “Wae yo?” she asked.

“Because each team gets 3 per inning.”

Sunmi smiled and handed him the remaining box. “Good job, Kris!” she grinned.

“Thanks!” he smiled and clutched his prize.

The four remaining boys slumped on their chairs pouting. Sunmi knew ahead of time that those brats would threw a fit so she already has a backup plan. She took a smaller box and gave it to them. “Here! You can all share this…”

Their faces lit up and each took a piece. “Wow, this is really good!” DO beamed.

“Mhmmm! Kyaaaa!” Baekhyun ate with eyes closed.

Suho’s hand crept into the box but Sehun slapped it. “Hyung! You already have one! Greedy bastard!” he snarled.

“That’s enough…” she scolded. “Now, let’s go over The Korean War this time!”

“Boring…” Chanyeol yawned.

Sunmi then slapped his hand with a ruler. “Ow! Okay… Okay… Geez!”

The boys were reading their books while she did homework when her phone vibrated. She took it out from her jacket and tapped the screen.

‘Ni hao! How’s school so far? – Luhan’

“Huh? What’s “ni hao”? she muttered and Kris heard her. “Ni hao? Wae yo? Who’s that?"

Her eyes moved from side to side thinking of an alibi. “Uhmm… J-Jiyong oppa greeted me with some weird language.”

“Ahh… That’s Chinese for ‘Hello’?”

‘Chinese? Luhan is Chinese?' she then slapped her forehead. ‘Babo Sunmi. Hence the name, duh?’

“Something wrong?” Suho asked. “A-Ani yo.” she forced a smile and scribbled on her phone.

‘Everything is great. Thanks! – Sunmi'

She then placed her phone on the side of her notebook and continued. After a few seconds however, it shook again.

‘Jiyong hyung said he’ll pick up your brother later so you don’t have to worry about him.’

A smile came out of her face while sending a reply and the boys got intrigued. “Who are you texting?” Sehun raised an eyebrow but she was too busy to hear him.

“Hey Sunmi!” he yelled. “Yes?” she looked up to them and saw all their eyes on her. “What?”

“I said, who are you texting?” Sehun with a louder voice.

“Oh! Ermm… Jiyong oppa…” she grinned.

DO nudged Sehun. “Dude, I don’t think it’s hyung…” he whispered.

Just as he was about to ask further, her phone vibrated. ‘Can’t wait for our date later. I’ll pick you up in a bit.’

She shook her head with a smirk and scribbled right away.

Sehun whispered back to DO. “Now, I believe you. She doesn’t exchange messages with hyung like that!”

Right after she placed her phone on the side, Sehun snatched it. “HEY! Give it back!” she shot a glare.

“Shireo!” he stuck a tongue out and tapped the screen while DO and Chanyeol watch beside him.

Their eyes grew big upon reading the exchange of messages. “DATE???” Chanyeol exclaimed making Kris and Kai move from their seat and look at the screen as well.

But before any of them noticed who it came from, Sunmi managed to steal it back.

“Hey, that’s invasion of privacy… Tsk!” she then hid her phone in her jacket.

“Privacy my ! I gave you that phone so technically, I still have the right over it.”

“No you don’t!” she ignored their stares and continued with homework.

The boys went back to their seats and started the interrogation. “Are you really going on a date?” DO asked first.

‘Aish! this! They deserve to know anyway.’ she thought. “Mhmmm…” she said without looking at them.

“MWOH???” they all said in unison. “W-Wae???” Suho stuttered.

“Ermmm… Jiyong oppa thought that I needed some time off to enjoy and have fun.” she continued.

“Can you like stop that for a minute!” Baekhyun grabbed his pen and notebook. “What the…” she complained and look at them.

“Who are you going out with?” Chanyeol followed.

“Oppa’s chingu....”

“NAME???” they all asked. “Ermmm… Someone you don’t know…” she stuttered. “Woah! Hold up! What’s with the questions? Am I not allowed to go out now?” she snapped.

“You are! But we can do it too, y’know? There are 7 of us here, heelloooo? We can take you anywhere you like!” Sehun added.

Kris and Kai just watched the argument go on and her phone suddenly rang. ‘Oh crap!’ she took out her phone and they all saw it flickering.

Sunmi answered it while they eavesdrop.

“Hi…” she greeted and their glares bored through her right away. *I’m in the parking lot. I’ll wait for you here.*

“Right now?” she then checked her watch. ‘Shoot! It’s dismissal already.’ “Oh okay, I’ll be right up!”

Sunmi tucked her phone between her ear and shoulder while tidying her stuff into her backpack. “Where are you going?” DO wondered. *Who was that?* Luhan asked after hearing him.

“A friend of mine.” and their mouths fell wide open. Suho snatched her phone and spoke to Luhan. “Yah! Who the are you?” he hissed. “Opppaaa! What the hell?” she rolled her eyes.

*Excuse me? And who the , are you?* “Mwoh? How dare you talk to me like that?”

*And how dare you talk to me like that as well. Tch!* “Yah! You can’t date Sunmi. Not now! Not ever!” and she grabbed her phone back.

“Sorry about that. I’ll see you in a bit…” *You have some very jealous friends. Kekeke. I’ll be here!*

They both hang up and she flung her bag on one shoulder. “Bye… See you around!” she waved and sprinted out of the room.

“OH SUNMI!!!” Sehun yelled.

“I can’t believe that girl!” Chanyeol raised his hands in the air.

EXO looked at each other for a bit and knew what to do next. They all scrambled out of the room following behind her.

Luhan leaned against a red Enzo Ferrari looking prim for a casual attire. He had a varsity jacket over a white shirt, denim skinny jeans, black high tops and a wayfarer.

Sunmi spotted his glowing aura from afar. She slowed down and walked towards him. “Uhmmm. I think I should go home first to change.” checking her uniform after.

“Nah! No need for that. You look great as it is already. Let’s go?” and she nodded.

He opened the door for her and made her way in. ‘Uwaaa~ He’s rich! Wonder how he knew Jiyong oppa and what’s he doing here?’

EXO hid behind a pillar which is just a few meters away from Sunmi and a familiar guy. “Isn’t that Luhan hyung?” DO nudged Kris.

Kris squinted his eyes to look closer. He saw him ran around to the driver seat and sped off. Kris then moved from his spot followed by the rest. “What the hell is he doing here? And how did he know Sunmi?” and they all looked at each other dumbfounded.

“Guys, let’s go! We got some stalking to do and a date to ruin!” Kai blurted and they all jumped in their respective cars. He carefully placed the box of chocolates on the front seat and stepped on the gas.