Always Be Friends

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

Sehun punched the door after Sunmi left. He couldn’t believe what just happened. Everything around him was in slow motion but his thoughts were in fast forward. They just had their first fight ever and it’s making him numb, too numb that he didn’t notice his knuckles bleeding.

Droplets of blood trailed on the floor while he searched the entire school for her. Where else could she be but on her secret spot. Sehun saw her sitting on the edge of pool with her feet dipped in the water and twirling the ring on her thumb. “Umma! I messed up, didn’t I? Miahnae…”

“No you didn’t! I would’ve done the same thing.” she turned and saw Sehun.

“Oh!” and she went back playing.

Sehun then sat crossed leg beside her. “I’m sorry… I’m really sorry…”

“Hey! Stop apologizing. It was my fault in the first place. I shouldn’t have disappeared just like that and cause this much trouble.” she said.

“Let’s not fight again, please? I hate it!”

“Yeah… Me too!”

Sunmi saw his bleeding right hand and slapped it. “OW!” he winced. “Yah! How did you get this?” she yelled.

“I punched the door after you left!” he grinned. “Babo! Why do guys love to hit doors, walls, windows, or even each other’s face? Aish! Give me that!” she snatched his hand and took out a hanky from her jacket.

He watches her face while she wrapped his knuckles. Her lips were arching upwards and her eyes sparkled from the light that reflects off the pool. ‘You’re just making me regret for letting you go. Sunmi-ah, you should stop doing this kind of stuff or I will take you back.’

“Stop staring or my hanky will turn into a blindfold.” she said after noticing his eyes never left her.

“What? Is it a sin to look at you now? Tch!” he scoffed and she slapped his hand again. “OW!”

“There! It’s done!” she forced a smile and went back playing with her ring.

Sehun took her left hand and laced it together with the injured one. “I miss you so much!”

“I miss you too…” and they smiled at each other.

“Are you okay? How are you feeling?” he asked.

“To be honest, I’m not! I dunno what to think anymore. It’s like my brain refuses to function while my heart is about to pop out of my ribcage anytime soon.”

“Maybe because you’re fighting it?! Let it all out. Say or do the first thing that pops up in your mind or what your heart feels even if it’s the craziest thing in the world.”

Sunmi fell silent. Her mind went blank all over again and some thoughts became hazy. “Aish! I think I’m turning dumb from all these problems.” slapping the side of her head after.

Sehun laughed and released her hand to make her face him. “Here… Let’s try this…” he then placed his hands on her shoulders. “Close your eyes!” she followed. “Think of a person’s face.” she thought of Kai’s dad. “When you open your eyes, imagine me as that person and say anything you want.”

She took a deep breath and her eyes flapped open. “I hate you! You’re a scumbag! Piece of ! I will never forgive you! I hate you so much!” she yelled and Sehun got terrified that he leaned back to move away from her. She then raised her fist and aimed at his face but he quickly stood.

“Hey!!! No need to be violent!” he shouted while running away.

Sunmi pulled herself out of the pool and chased him. “Come back here! I thought you said I can do anything. YAAAHHH!!!”

“Hell NO! I can’t let you harm my baby face!”

They ended up yelling at each other and running around the pool. Sehun ran backwards to face Sunmi who was already panting hard. “I’ll stop if you promise not to attack me!”

“I’ll try…” she snickered.

Her face fell when she saw the rest of EXO walking towards him. “Sehun-ah! STOOPPP!!!” but he still crashed into Kris.

Sehun turned and saw them staring at him with a confused look. ‘How can he play around after all these tension??’ Kai thought.

“Hyung! Miahnae… She’s trying to go Chun Li on me!” and Kris just ignored him.

Sunmi walked past them. She went back to her spot and picked up her socks and shoes.

“Can we talk?” Kai said after approaching her.

“Sorry but classes will start in a bit. I think we should go…” and started walking. Sehun however stopped in front of her. “Your teacher wouldn’t mind you both for being late. It’s his school after all.” he grinned.

“If you don’t want us to fight again… Move!” and he did.

“Don’t worry bro. I’ll talk to her. Just be patient.” he told Kai and followed her. “Sunmi-ah! Wait for me!”

Kai kicked the table and Chanyeol patted his shoulder. “Sehun’s right. Let’s give her time. She’s just confused right now…”

“Yeah… At least she’s back!” Baekhyun added.

----------

After classes ended, Sehun picked her up. “Let’s eat first before heading home. I’m hungry!”

“Okay…” and they walked to pick up Sungmin this time.

Sunmi and Sehun walked ahead while the rest of EXO followed them from behind.

Sungmin waited outside his classroom and ran up to DO after seeing them. “Kyungsoo hyung!” he squealed and jumped on his arms. “Aigooo~ How’s my dongsaeng?”

“I’m great! I miss you!” then they hugged. “I miss you too!”

“What about me?” Suho pouted. “Of course I miss you too. I miss all of you…” he beamed and they all went into EXO’s parking lot where 6 black sports cars and a superbike were lined up.

“Guys, Sunmi and I are gonna go eat first. Wanna join?” Sehun announced. “Cool! Where?” Baekhyun asked.

“Same place!” he added and they all agreed.

DO lowered Sungmin on the front seat of his car and secured the seatbelt on him.

While Sehun opened the door for Sunmi and ran around to the driver seat. “Sehun-ah, I know you’re just being a friend to Jongin and Kris but please don’t push me to them. We’ll get there in time, okay?” she explained.

“Fine… Just don’t let hate cloud your judgment.” he ruffled her hair after.

The cars one by one exited the school and cruised down the highway. Minutes later, they stopped in front of a fancy restaurant and Sehun once again opened the door for her.

They both walked into a rectangular table near the corner where EXO is already waiting. “Woah, you got here so fast!” Sehun high fived Baekhyun.

“Nah! You’re just driving too slow. Tch!” Suho complained.

“I had to or my boss will kill me…” he eyed Sunmi from the side. He pulled her chair for her and talked to her brother who sat across her beside DO. “Sungmin-ah, did Kyungsoo hyung drive too fast?”

“Ani! He was jjang just like Jiyong hyung when he drove us to see umma and appa.” he beamed while playing with a fork in his hand.

They all looked at each other and she just avoided their gazes. “Oh! So that’s why Sunmi noona was too busy to answer her phone…” Sehun chuckled and got kicked on the foot. “OW!” he winced at her. “Shut the up!” she gritted her teeth.

 “Neh! We gave them flowers and had a picnic. But noona kept crying though…” and she rubbed her forehead while Kai looked at her with remorseful eyes. “…she only stopped when I told her that I will look after her together with EXO hyungs especially her namja chingu, Kyungsoo hyung!” and the boys burst out laughing.

“Wae yo?” Sungmin wondered. “N-nothing… Yeah, it’s true! We will all take care of Sunmi noona.” DO then ruffled his hair and Chanyeol nudged him. “Dude, you just got yourself a girlfriend. Kekeke.” he giggled. “I know and I won’t even complain!”

Sunmi covered her face with both palms. “Oh my God, brother dearest… Kill me nooowww~”

“I can drive you next time, if you like.” Sehun then whispered.

 “And what? See me bawling on my knees? No way man!” and he pouted. “Just kidding… Sure! How's your hand by the way?”

Sehun showed her his swelling knuckles. "It's better now... See?" he then wiggled his fingers and Sungmin saw it.

"Hyung, what happened to that?"

"I had a fight with Chun Li!" she suddenly covered his mouth. "Yeah and Chun Li kicked his !" she remarked.

They ate when the food finally came. Sunmi avoided any interaction with either Kris or Kai even if they kept looking at her. She was too deluded in her own thoughts and just preparing herself for she has to face them either way.