Promise

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

They left Bali after lunch and arrived in Seoul almost late at night. Suho took you to your apartment while the rest of EXO headed home. He carried Sungmin on his shoulders after spending the entire trip sleeping.

“Dongsaeng must be really tired.” he said while in the elevator.

“Yeah… I think he’s the one who enjoyed the most.” you then rubbed your brother’s back. “Thanks for inviting us, by the way. We had fun!” you added.

“Anytime!” Suho replied.

*ding* The elevator stopped on the third floor and walked out. After reaching the bedroom, Suho slowly lowered Sungmin on the bed and pulled a blanket over him.

You then led him to the door. “Be careful on way your home.”

“I will…” he then placed his hands on your shoulders. “Sunmi-ah! You may not know it but I’ve never seen my friends happy since you came. We all grew up to be one of the most dysfunctional group yet you endured it all. Thank you so much!”

You’re happy to know that after all the pain and sufferings, you still manage to bring comfort to other people. “No worries! That’s what friends do, right?” you smiled.

“Right! So whatever happens, promise that you’ll never leave us! Even if we all go y on you, or lose patience because Chanyeol keeps grinding on you, or even if Jongin becomes your demon.”

You slowly pushed away. “You’re crazy!” he then hugged you. “Just promise me!”

“I promise!” you said.

----------

Miraculously at school, the bullying stopped. You’re not sure though whether EXO has something to do with it or the students just grew tired.

You came back to work as well and EXO has never missed a night in the club. They would just hang around while you work or sometimes force you to stop so they can take over. Alex and Mino never complained since having gorgeous boys behind the counter means more prospects for them but Teddy grew worried when you grew closer to them.

He knows for a fact that there will come a time that everything will fall apart and he doesn’t want you to be a dragged along.

‘Sunmi-ah, never give up, okay? Just like you always do!’ Teddy thought while watching you work from the dj booth.

He was all caught up when he didn’t notice GD approaching him. “Hyung! Something wrong?”

“Oh! N-nothing…” he then went back mixing some tracks.

“How’s Sunmi?”

“She’s okay… I guess…” Teddy sighed.

“Hyung, don’t worry. She’s gonna be fine... Everything’s gonna be fine.”

But before they can continue, a bouncer came up the stage and whispered something to Teddy. “Bring him to my office.” he told him.

“Hyung, what is it?” GD wondered.

“We’ll talk about it in there. Come!” they rushed to his office and saw a tall man wearing a leather jacket and a baseball cap. “Take a seat, inspector. You have something for me?” he asked.

Apparently, Teddy hired a private investigator to do a background check on EXO. He handed him 7 folders and started to read each one of them. His eyebrows burrowed with every folder while GD took the one’s that he had finished reading.

Teddy decided to skip Kai’s profile since he already knew him. The rest of EXO may not have a squeaky clean record but it’s manageable. His expression remained the same until he came up with the final one which is Kris’ profile.

He slammed the folder on the table giving GD a shock. “Hyung!” but Teddy faced the inspector. “Are you telling me that this boy is being hunted down by a gang?”

“Ye!” the inspector replied.

“Gang? But why?” GD asked.

“Kim Jongin got into a fight with another boy who turns out to be the son of a Yakuza lord. However, Wu Fan covered everything up and took the blame thinking that he will be forgiven if they know that his father is a high ranking official in a Chinese triad. You see, both gangs are known to have an alliance but the victim’s father couldn’t care less. That’s why they both flew back here to Seoul.” he explained.

Teddy clasped his hands together on the table and rested his chin on it. “Are they still looking for him until now?”

“That, I don’t know. Some sources say, they already stopped since they are strictly prohibited to step in Korean soil but I don’t think they will give up just like that.”

“Thanks for the info. Let me know if you have anything.” Teddy stood and shook hands with the inspector. “Ye!” he bowed and left.

GD then sighed. “Aish! How can they be in so much trouble at such age? What are we gonna do hyung?”

Teddy took a glance at Sungmin who was sound asleep in the couch. “I’m happy to know that those boys are taking care of them and I’m not against them being friends with Sunmi as well. I just want my niece and nephew to be safe.”

“I know hyung! That goes the same with me. I can see that they’re good guys but I can’t risk losing my siblings.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t let that happen.” Teddy assured him.

They both continued talking until Sunmi and Sehun came in.

----------

You walked into the office and saw GD talking with Teddy. “Oppa! You’re here!” you then ran up to him and hugged him from behind while he remained seated.

“Mhmm. How’s my baby girl?” he asked while rubbing your arm around his neck.

“I’m great! What are you guys talking about? You look serious.” you wondered.

They both glanced at each other. “The usual! Business… Music… Stuff…” GD said.

Sehun also walked up to GD. “Whattup hyung!” raising his fist to him after.

“Sup bro! I’m ay’t!” GD then bumped his fist on Sehun.

Teddy watched the three of them talk and he can see how much Sehun cares for Sunmi. He knows that whatever happens, he will always be there for her and has proven it time and time again. ‘Be strong for her, Sehun!’

Sunmi pulled away from the hug while Sehun went to the couch and lifted up Sungmin. “Oppa! I’m going home now!” you waved at GD and Teddy.

Your uncle waved back but GD stood. “Sunmi-ah, I’m walking you home tonight.”

“Eh? Wae yo?” you asked.

“Wae? Am I not allowed to take you home now?” he pouted.

“Ani yo! It’s just that you don’t do this kind of stuff anymore.” you explained.

“I did it a lot of times before so I can do it again!” he took your wrist and pulled you out of the room.

Sehun and Baekhyun walked ahead while you and GD kept a slow pace. The walk home is rather peaceful. Few cars passed by, no Happy Virus running around, and no nagging from an angelic leader.

“Where’s the rest of the guys?” GD asked.

“They went home already.” you said.

“They grew tired of taking you home?” he joked and Baekhyun interrupted. “Of course not! They just wanted to sleep early for tomorrow’s class.”

“Woah! Since when did they become interested in going to school?” GD smirked.

“Since they met Sunmi!” Sehun chuckled.

‘Aigooo~ These boys doesn’t know what’s coming…’ GD sighed.

“What’s wrong oppa?” you asked after seeing him shook his head.

GD suddenly stopped and made you face him. “Sunmi-ah! Whatever happens, I want you to know that I will always be here for you. Even if the whole world walks out on you, I will still be here. I want you to remember that, a’right?”

“Oppa… You’re making me nervous.”

“Don’t be! There will come a time that your faith will be tested and your trust for people will be shaken. Just be stronger and keep on fighting.” and he hugged you.

You suddenly felt that a storm is about to come. The same feeling that you had when your parents passed away. It’s as if the world stopped spinning and the skies fell. But you fought and continued living despite the unbearable pain.

You raised your arms to wrap it around GD’s back. “Oppa, you know very damn well that I have been through a lot once before but I prevailed. So whatever is gonna happen in the future, having you beside me is enough.”

Hearing your words comforted GD and you felt a huge sigh of relief coming out of him. “I know and I’m proud to have you as a dongsaeng.” he then rubbed your back.

Baekhyun noticed you stopped walking so he turned and saw you and GD hugging. “Yah! Are you coming or not?”

“Hyung! Stop yelling, Sungmin might wake up!” Sehun hushed him.

You both heard Baekhyun and continued walking.