Not Bad

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

Sunmi and Sungmin went down the beach while the boys remained asleep after a night of drinking.

The sun is up reflecting the emerald waters of the Indian Ocean. It displays the sea critters and corals underneath and embracing the flawless white sand. Towering coconut trees stood behind a beach hut and a couple of lounge chairs under an umbrella piled by the shore.

You sat crossed legs in one of them while keeping an eye on your brother. He was busy digging in the sand and forming random shapes when he walked to get water with a pail.

“Sungmin-ah, don’t go too far araseo?” you yelled.

“Neh!” he waved back.

You tightened the straps on your blue halter bikini and took a bottle of sunscreen. Applying it on your legs and arms is easy but almost gave up upon reaching your back.

“Need help?” says a voice.

You turned and saw Kai wearing a boardshort and plain white shirt. “O-Okay…” you then handed him the plastic bottle.

Kai sat behind you and swept your hair on the side. He started from the upper back down to the waist. His hands were so soft that it has a relaxing effect on you. The whole time he was rubbing your back, you both remained silent. You kept looking at Sungmin while he just stared at you. ‘Say something Jongin! Don’t be such a coward!’ but he still can’t force himself to do so.

You started to notice when the sunscreen is running off from too much rubbing. “I think that should do it. Thanks…”

“Oh! Welcome…” he stood and moved to a lounge chair beside you.

“So… How’s the hangover?” you teased. “Killer isn’t it?” you snickered.

Kai got rid of his nerves after seeing you laugh and clasped his hands together on top of his knees while facing you. “Yeah… I should stop drinking already.”

“Riigghhtt… Like that will happen…” you snorted.

“What if I can?” he asked while raising an eyebrow.

“Dude, I’m a bartender. Most of the people I see every night are the same people who said they’ll stop drinking.”

“Wanna bet?” he challenged.

You thought for a bit if it’s a good idea to agree with him. For one, he was the one you considered an arch enemy and the least trusted person among EXO. ‘ this!’

“Okay then… What is the bet about?” you replied.

His lips curled up instantly and rubbed his palms together. “There’s gonna be another drinking session tonight, right?” and you nodded. “If I manage to prevent myself from letting a single drop of alcohol enter my mouth… You will go on a date with me.”

The color on your face suddenly drained. “Date? With me? You’re trippin’ right?” but his eyes were sincere. Not a trace of lie or trick can be seen in it. “I’m serious!” he said.

You were caught off guard and started to space out when he snapped his fingers in front of you. “Hey!”

“Oh… Ermm… Okay, call! But if you fail, you will grant me a wish and I mean ANY. No buts, hows, or whys” you said.

“You got yourself a deal!” and you shook hands. Kai was all smiles coz he’s confident that he can pull it off and could finally go on a date with you. ‘Sunmi-ah, you will have the best date any girl could possibly have.’ he thought.

You looked away and averted back your attention to Sungmin when he spoke again. “Sunmi?”

“Hmmm?”

“I’m sorry!” he said with a soft voice and you faced him again.

“For what?”

“For all that I did. For making your life at school a living hell, for tossing your ring in the pool, for everything…”

“It’s all good… I’ve moved on!” you smiled at him and he smiled back.

“Sunmi-ah, did someone already told you that your body is like a temple?” Kai said.

You snorted upon hearing him and couldn’t help but laugh out loud. “Pwahahaha! Dude, that is by far the lamest and cheesiest line ever. Seriously!”

He felt embarrassed and scoffed at you instead. “At least I know something, not like you!”

“Not to brag but I know a lot and way better than yours. Tch!”

“Show me!”

You then moved from your spot and faced him. He tried to resist your actions but gulped when you leaned closer to caress his chest. “Damn, if being y was a crime, you'd be guilty as charged!” you said with a seductive voice while keeping eye contact and biting your lower lip after.

His ears instantly turned red and was about to retaliate when Sungmin yelled. “NOONA!!!”

You quickly stood and left followed by Kai who just scratched his nape. ‘I’ll get you next time, Oh Sunmi!’

You noticed your brother kneeling on the sand with a hand covering the other. “What is it?”

“Look! I got you something!” He slowly stood and showed you a humungous creepy looking slug with horns sticking out of its head and crawling on his palm.

“What the hell Sungmin? Get that thing away from me!” you pushed his hand away but he picked it up with his thumb and index finger and pointed it at you. “It’s harmless! See?” he wiggled it around while raising it towards you.

You ran behind Kai and tugged on his shirt but Sungmin followed you. “Oh Sungmin! I warn you, get rid of that thing!” you hissed but he resisted. “Nooonaaaaa!” he taunted you even more.

Kai just stood in between you two and giggled. “Yah! That worm can’t hurt you…”

“I don’t give a . Just make him get rid of it.” you pleaded while peeking on the side of Kai.

Sungmin started chasing you and you both ended up running around Kai who finds everything amusing. “Yahh… Help me out here!” you said. “Isn’t that a bit unfair to your brother.” he laughed.

Just as you make a turn, your clumsy self,  tripped. Kai caught you by the waist but you already fell and landed on top of him. Your eyes met and both your hearts raced against each other. You placed both hands on his chest to raise yourself up but Sungmin placed the slug on your shoulder.

You instantly sunk your face in the crook of Kai’s neck and managed to slip both arms around his neck.“SUNGMIN-AH!!! Andwae!!!” you squealed when you felt a wet and slimy object crawling on your shoulders.

“Stop screaming in my ears. I’ll be deaf in no time!” Kai laughed.

“Take it off, pleeasseee!” you pleaded under his skin while Sungmin just kept on clapping his hands.

Kai then pinched the slug and tossed it aside. “See? It’s not there anymore…” he then rubbed your shoulder.

You looked over your shoulder and blew out a huge air. “I’m gonna get you Sungmin!” you glared at him.

You were supposed to tackle your brother when Kai suddenly wrapped his arms around your back. “Stay! You owe me for getting rid of that thing.” and before you can react, Sungmin lunged on you and gave you a back hug. ‘Oh great. I just turned into a human pattie!’ you sighed.

Kai moved his arms and wrapped it around Sungmin instead. “Miahnae Sunmi noona. Don’t be mad…”

“Of course I’m not mad…” you muttered in his neck. “Just no ice cream for a week.” you added.

“Mwoh?” he pouted.

“Don’t worry dongsaeng! I’ll buy you a lot!” Kai said and you raised your head to meet his gaze but he just stuck his tongue out on you.

“YESSS! Hyung, you’re the best!”

Kai’s long and muscular arms came in handy after hugging you and Sungmin together. You can feel each other’s rapid heartbeat that eventually calmed down. ‘Komawo Sunmi! This is the first time in my existence that I’m having fun and never felt lonely.’ he thought.

‘He’s not that bad after all…’ you thought.

----------

The afternoon passed by slowly which is good since they were able to enjoy it. They spent it on swimming, going around the resort, hanging out, doing almost everything they can possibly do.

Evening came and they all got ready for another round of overflowing alcohol after dinner. Kai however must contain himself given the bet he made with Sunmi. He was already having a hard time just thinking about it and is about to get worse since Baekhyun thought of something to make the night memorable.