Payback's A

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

Little did you know, Hyuna has been watching you ever since Kris approached you and left with Kai. She was hiding behind a pillar thinking of ways to make you finally stop. “Oh Sunmi, you should’ve paid attention to my warning!” she hissed.

----------

The bullying suddenly stopped. In fact, it’s been a week already that neither Hyuna nor one of her minions touched Sunmi. EXO was relieved about it except for Suho.

“I don’t have a good feeling about this…” he said while they all sat on the couch after lunch.

“Hyung, you’re just being paranoid.” Baekhyun said.

“Dude, I know people like Hyuna. They just don’t give up easily unless... one of you threatened her.” he then shot a stare to Kai.

“What? I didn’t do anything!” he exclaimed.

“None of us did!” Kris added.

“See? I know she’s up to something and it feels like hell is about to break loose!” Suho rubbed his forehead.

“Hyung! Stop that! You’re making me nervous.” DO shivered.

“Evil minds think alike…” Chanyeol snickered and got a death glare from Suho. “Peace bro!” he grinned.

“Where is Sunmi by the way?” DO asked.

“She went to grab her review materials…” Sehun replied while reading a book.

----------

You shut your locker after taking out some books. The hallway is already empty since the students are still in the cafeteria.

Just as you were about to open the door, a hand snuck from behind and covered your mouth. You dropped your books while struggling and managed to kick the door.

“I’ll get it.” DO then opened it but only saw books on the floor. He picked it up and looked around only seeing an empty hall.

He went back in and placed them on the table. “Sunmi left this by the door.” he told them.

“Eh? But where is she?” Chanyeol asked and DO shrugged.

Suho quickly stood and peeked outside.

----------

A taller guy grabbed you from behind and kept his hand over your mouth. His free arm managed to carry you by the waist and drag you away. You can tell that he’s not from SM high given his strength and tattoos.

Your eyes grew big upon seeing Suho’s head popped out of the door. You screamed as loud as you can but your voice is muffled. ‘Suho-ah, over here! Jeebbaaallll…’ You tried thrashing your legs in different directions to break free but his grip was far too strong.

Hope faded away when Suho went in and shut the door.

The guy went in a room and pushed you in. It was dimly lit with only a few wooden chairs lined up against the wall while some cleaning materials are properly stacked in a shelf against a corner. A yellow sign that read ‘Storage Room’ is also mounted on the wall.

The door opened again and a couple of footsteps walked in. “You may start now…” says a high pitched voice.

“H-hyuna?” you muttered. You turned and saw her with another guy who is also filled with tattoos.

“I will make sure you can no longer talk or even go to school after this!” she then sat on one of chairs with a leg over another while crossing arms on her chest.

When she flicked her fingers, the guys punched you simultaneously, one on the stomach and another on your side. It weakened you instantly given that it came from two gangster guys who seemed to have the same age with you but a lot bigger and fearless.

You fell on the floor clutching your tummy. Breathing became harder that gasping for air is like looking for water in a desert.

“Didn’t I tell you to get away from Kris and Kai? If you only listened to me, this will not happen. It’s your own fault, y’know?!”

“It ain’t my fault if you’re that much of a that they wouldn’t even try to spare a mere glance at you…” you smirked.

Another set of punches landed on your face. This time, it burned and your world started to spin. You just heard a thunder-like sound right inside your skull and in the same instant, both ears are ringing -- almost as loud as the impact. It felt like your head has become inflated or pressurized and losing sense of balance. Mind is floating, drifting, you become detached from the environment.

 After a few rounds of punches and kicks, you laid half conscious on the floor.

“Are you gonna promise and leave my boys alone?” Hyuna asked.

‘God! sure is dumb!’

“Kim ing Hyuna, do you really think they will like you even if you kill me? , you’re crazy!”

“You’ll regret calling me that!” and she flicked her fingers again.

The two guys now each have a plank of wood in their hands. Your eyes widened in horror as they approach you and just as they started hitting, you curled into a ball and covered your head.

Not a single tear fell from your eyes. Maybe it was because of the adrenaline or Hyuna just doesn’t deserve to be cried over.

It’s no longer beating but a car crash. The adrenalin and the force of the hits are flying through the air. You can sense your blood vessels burst with every strike. Hearing and feeling your heart beating in your ears and your vision becomes tunneled. You see the face of the guys as though you're viewing it through a telescope. You also notice other sensations that you haven't experienced before; seeing Sungmin's smiling face, smell of Kai's perfurme, sensing Kris' touch.

“Should we finish her?” one of the guy asked.

“Not yet! I’ll give her another chance but if she still won’t listen… I will spare her no more!”

One of the guys delivered a final strike that crashed on your hands leaving shards of splinters on your skin. Hyuna kicked your foot while walking out of the storage room followed by her hired assailants.

You tried to examine the damage but all you know is that every time you tried to move your right leg, throbbing pain shoots right away ‘! It’s broken!' A pool of blood formed on the floor making the whole room smell like metal and it all came from your bleeding arms and face.

“HEELLPPP!” you yelled a lot of times but your voice is not loud enough and the room you are in is in an isolated part of the school. ‘ I need to get outta here.’

You gathered all your remaining strength and stood in one leg while both bloody arms supported the broken one. It’s a good thing that adrenaline is still pumping your nerves since you still manage to limp your way out.

But just as you were a few doors away from the lounge, your good leg gave up and landed on the floor on your side. “FUUUCCKKKK!!!” you screamed in pain. ‘Mom... Dad... Please help me!’

The prayer helped since it gave you a final boost of energy. You crawled to the lounge door and pulled yourself up with the help of the knob.

You leaned against the door and forced your bloody fist to knock.

“I’ll get it!” says a voice and passed out.