Threat

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

Kris drove out of a lavish condominium building driving a BMW superbike to meet his parents who just arrived from China. It’s been a while since they saw each other so he’s pretty excited to see them once again.

He’s cruising down the street when he spotted Sunmi and Sungmin on the sidewalk. They too looked seemingly excited with the way they skipped and swing their arms. Without thinking twice, he slowly stopped and parked his bike.

----------

You and Sungmin were making your way to a grocery store for an ice cream when you noticed a black superbike parked in a pavement. It is sleek and stunning, making it a huge head turner.

“Woooww!” you stopped while your eyes sparkled looking at it.

“Noona, that is so cool…” Sungmin added.

“Mhmmm…”

But the bike however is nothing compared to the mysterious driver. He stood tall after hopping off of it wearing black skinny jeans that hugged every inch of his long legs, black high tops, white V neck shirt that showed off his neckline and ed biker jacket.

“Damn, hottie much?” you muttered after checking him out.

“Noona, what’s a hottie?” Sungmin wondered.

You wracked your brain to come up with an explanation to an eight year old boy. “Ermmm… A hottie is like an ice cream for you…”

“Eh? So does that mean a hottie is yummy?” and you just slapped your forehead.

“Forget it Sungmin. You’ll understand when you get older… Gaja!”

Just as you started to walk, the driver took off his helmet. A sudden gust of wind blew his brown hair and the sunlight beamed over his face. He looked at you and waved. You blinked your eyes a couple of times and when you squinted to take a closer look, your jaw dropped. ‘Oh ! It’s Kris!’

He placed his helmet on top of his bike and went over to you. Sungmin got scared upon seeing him so he cowered behind you. “Noona, he’s the one who pushed me…”

“Hi! Where are you headed?” Kris greeted.

“Uhmm… Hi! To the grocery store.” you replied while Sungmin clasped the back of your shirt.

Kris saw Sungmin hiding behind your back so he walked closer and bent to peek. “Annyeong haseyo…” he greeted but your brother hugged you this time sinking his face on your .

You let out a soft chuckle and turned to kneel in front of him. “Sungmin-ah, remember what I told you about what happened in the pool?” and he nodded. “Well, this is him.” you glanced at Kris.

He also kneeled beside you and reached out a hand to him. “Hi… I’m Kris and I would like to apologize for what I did to you before.”

Sungmin slowly raised his arm and shook Kris’ hand. “It’s okay… Thank you as well for being noona’s angel.”

“Angel?” Kris wondered and glanced at you who just turned red.

“Neh! Noona said, you’re her angel and my hyung. That is if it’s okay with you though…”

You suddenly felt embarrassed so you stood and held his hand. “Aigooo~ I’m really sorry… My brother just talks too much.” and dragged Sungmin as you continued walking.

Kris smiled and walked beside him. “Of course it’s okay. It’ll be an honor to be your hyung and your sister’s angel.” he winked at you after.

Your heart suddenly pumped gallons and gallons of blood producing a sensation of whirling and a melting effect on your insides.

Kris noticed you became stiff and breathing heavily. “Gwenchana?” and you just forced a smile to him. “So… Are you going grocery shopping?” he asked.

“A-Aniyo! Just to buy ice cream for this little monster.” you ruffled Sungmin’s hair. “Aren’t you supposed to go somewhere important.” you added.

Kris checked his watch and saw that he has some time to spare. He wouldn’t miss it for the world so he tagged along anyway. “It’s okay… They can wait for me.”

You were just about to get in the grocery store when Kris stopped you. “Just sit on the bench over there. I’ll buy it for you guys.”

“You don’t have to do this.”

“No, I insist!”

You then covered Sungmin’s ears. “I don’t mean to disrespect you but I hate it when people do this kind of stuff for us.”

“Look… I don’t mean anything as well. It will make me feel better after what I did to your brother. Please?” he pleaded.

Sungmin removed your hands and looked up to you and Kris. “What’s going on?”

“Nothing…” you pinched his chin and faced Kris again. “Fine! But just this once.”

“Promise!” he said.

You and Sungmin waited for Kris by the bench in front of the store. He came out after a couple of minutes holding a black plastic bag filled with a variety of ice cream.

“Uwwaaaa~ Hyung, this is a lot!” Sungmin’s eyes twinkled after he peeked in.

“I didn’t know what you liked so I bought a lot.” and you just shook your head.

“Sweeettt!” he clapped his hands and wiggled his dangling feet.

Sungmin searched through the bag while Kris picked a chocolate covered ice cream bar and hand it to you. “Thanks!”

Kris took out his hanky and tucked it into the neck of Sungmin’s shirt. “There! So it won’t drip on you.”

You can barely enjoy the cooling effect of the ice cream after feeling warm and fuzzy. Such simple acts make you weak especially when it involves your brother.

You and Kris laughed when Sungmin’s lips are now smothered with chocolate even the tip of his nose.

“Yah! Slow down…” you told him.

“I can’t… It’s really, really good. Hyung, komawo!” he flashed a smile to him.

“No problem dongsaeng!” Kris glanced at you and laughed.

“Wae?”

“You scolded him yet you’re a messy eater as well.” he then pointed your mouth.

You touched it but couldn’t find any so he leaned closer. He wiped the corner of your lips with his thumb and it after. “Mmmm... Tastes good…” he said.

‘Oh lord! He’s killing me!’ you pressed your lips together to hold the smile.

“Hyung! What does hottie mean?” Sungmin asked and your eyes grew big.

“Huh? Hottie? Why’d you ask?”

“Coz noona says...” you suddenly covered his mouth and spoke. “Yah! Didn’t I tell you what it means already?” with a glare while Kris scratched his nape. “Just eat your ice cream on the way home… I still need to get ready for work. Gaja!”

The three of you walked back. Kris held Sungmin's free hand while he kept an ice pop with the other.

----------

Hyuna was on her way to a shopping mall when she spotted a popular face on the sidewalk. She has eyes of a hawk when it comes to gorgeous men after all.

“Kris is so damn fine!” she muttered while watching him through the car window. “But who’s the girl?” She wondered after seeing Kris smiling happily while talking to a girl.

She ordered the driver to slow down and squinted to check further. “That ! UGH!” Her sharp nails burrowed the leather upholstery. “Know your place woman! Or else…” she added.