Spirit

The Mute Queen

Agashi, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?”

 

Agashi?”

 

….

 

….

 

“Yah, wake up”

 

"Please don’t scare me. Wake up!”

 

Hyung!!!”

 

He felt someone patted his left cheek lightly at first but then a bit roughly after. He lifted his eyelids slowly and tried to figure out  who’s the person sitting in front of him. As he realized whom, tears which usually not his thing were coming out without control. He got up suddenly and buried his face to the person’s embrace.

 

Hyung, are you alright? Thanks God that crystal lamp didn’t hit you” That person who’s actually Eunhyuk hugged him back.

 

Opp…oppa…

 

Eunhyuk lifted his eyebrows to the shaking man “Sungmin Hyung?”

 

Oppa…” he called him like that again.

 

Eunhyuk frowned “Huh? Oppa? It’s weird… but why do I like it?”

 

Sungmin let out sobs and made Eunhyuk’s shirt wet. Soon, his sobs became louder. It needed sometimes for Eunhyuk’s head to process. He tried to break the tight hug and looked at the crying person. He wanted to make sure whether the person in front of him was really his Sungmin Hyung or not because he’d never seen Sungmin crying like a kid before. But the said person hugged him even tighter.

 

He caressed Sungmin’s hair while his other hand patted his back to calm him down. After the other seemed to calm down enough, he pulled out and stared at the older. He cupped his face and lifted it up so their eyes could meet.

 

“Sungmin hyung, it’s me Eunhyuk. Are you scared? Don’t worry I am here”

 

Eunhyuk offered some tissues for him. The older man was still sniffing but as their eyes met, he couldn’t help that his lip was starting to tremble again and making the tissues became useless with his tears.

 

A slight thought appeared in Eunhyuk's mind, wondering if his hyung was possessed by a museum ghost girl , a crybaby ghost girl, so he decided he would get some salt to exterminate her. But the thought suddenly disappeared as someone hit his backhead hardly from behind.

 

“Yah!! What did you do to my Minnie??!!”

 

“Awww… Sunny. It’s hurt!!! How if I will become stupid?”

 

A woman with blonde hair tilted her head, much to show a statement than a question "Aren't you ?". She held her own waist, glaring hole toEunhyuk “So why is he crying? As far as I knew, he’s the one who made people cry”

 

Eunhyuk didn’t want to lose in vocal so he yelled back “Ask him by yourself!!! He cried out of the blue when he woke up. I have no clue as you!!”

 

Sunny looked at Sungmin who’s still sitting on the bed. She held his shoulder “Minnie, are you okay?”

 

As their eyes met, Sungmin’s lip curled again “Huwweeeee…. Sunkyu…. hiks...hiks...huhu...” then rested his head to the woman’s shoulder. Sunny turned to Eunhyuk and gave him a confused look.

 

“He never called me Sunkyu before…” she whispered.

 

“See? I think this museum is haunted by ghost. A girl. We should purify him. He even called me op… “

 

Oops.

 

Eunhyuk quickly closed his mouth with his hand. He won’t tell Sunny about ‘oppa’ part. It’s embarrassing for him but he still wondered why he felt liking to hear that. There was a tingling sensation he wasn’t sure why when Sungmin called him oppa.

 

“What?” Sunny asked.

 

Eunhyuk shook his head “never mind”

 

Suddenly, Sunny’s phone rang. She thought it’s from Sungmin’s mother so she excused herself to go outside the room. She didn’t want the latter got worried hearing her son's current state.

 

Sungmin was staring around the white room, wondering where he was “Where… where are we?”

 

Eunhyuk sighed in relief. Even though Sungmin’s still let out some sniffs, at least he slowly stopped crying. His thought about Sungmin got possessed by a ghost slowly fading. “We are in infirmary room, hyung. Are you all right?” he brushed the remaining tears from the older’s cheek with his thumb gently.

 

He smiled then tidied Sungmin’s hair with his fingers “You scared all out of me back then Hyung. Are you thirsty? Wait here, I’ll buy you mineral water”

 

As he tried to get up, Sungmin prevented him by grabbing his sleeves “Pp… Please don’t go again. Stay with me…”

 

Eunhyuk frowned  for a second when he heard word ‘again’ from the older. He sat back then hugged him. “Okay, I won’t leave. You’re safe hyung. Did you have a nightmare? You were unconscious  for two hours, you know?” Sungmin didn’t answer but nodded.

 

 Eunhyuk held him warm, smiled at himself and inhaled Sungmin’s comforting scent. He liked this side of Sungmin. The cute side that never be showed to anyone but him. He felt special for that.

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

That midnight he tiptoed secretly through their dorm's corridor to join a blind date with some friends without anyone knew (especially from dorm manager). But when he passed Sungmin’s room, he heard some sobs. He’s getting worried again.  Since that incident, the man looked terrified a lot and became so quiet on the way home. It's not normal. He thought. Especially when it's Sungmin he's talking about. He knocked the door slowly to make sure that he didn’t make some noise.

 

Hyung?” he whispered. But the door seemed not to be locked, so he came inside and found Sungmin curled on his bed, sobbing inside out.

 

He approached him “Hyung. It’s me, Eunhyuk. Did you have a nightmare again?”

 

“I can’t sleep and I don’t want to sleep”

 

Eunhyuk sat on his bed. He rolled the older’s body who was facing the wall then joined to lie on the bed with him.

 

“Can you tell me what dream that bothers you? Maybe you can be less scared after telling me”

 

“Please don’t laugh”

 

Eunhyuk chuckled “What kind of a nightmare that can make me laugh?”

 

“ I dreamed about Queen Min. And… her..her face just looks like me”

 

Eunhyuk smiled at him “Okay, tell me everything then”

 

He told him all. But some parts were still blurry for him to remember. He even couldn’t remember how King Cho’s face looked alike.

 

“So, you think your previous life was Queen Min and I was your big brother. And that King Cho separated us?”

 

Sungmin nodded and sometimes let out  hiccups because of sobbing too much back then.

 

“Geez, I am starting to hate that King Cho”

 

Ung, the last time I saw you in the cage. You were looked really really really really wretched and dirty. I was so sad that I couldn’t make it to call you oppa because I lost my voice”

 

Eunhyuk frowned “Hey, you used a lot of  ‘really’ Hyung. I am hurt, you know”

 

Sungmin being Sungmin. He never said sorry but Eunhyuk didn’t really mind it as he saw a slight of smile drawn from his hyung pouty lip “I know this is ridiculous and I’ve never believed of reincarnation, but this feel so real to me Hyuk. I understand if you don’t believe me but you ‘have to’ believe me”

 

Eunhyuk huffed “Yah, what's that mean? You understand if I don’t believe you yet you also force me to believe you”

 

Sungmin only formed a more pout on to his lip as a respond, making Eunhyuk to giggle more. He cupped the older man’s face with his palm and stared at him softly “Hyung, past is past. Future is future. You always say this to me. Maybe you and Queen Min share some character (no wonder you two such a bully), but I am sure you don’t share the same fate as her. You’re Lee Sungmin. A grown up man. If it happens that King does reincarnate in the present time as a woman or even man to hurt you. You know what will you do, right?”

 

Sungmin nodded “I will post his/her photo and spread it through internet”

 

Eunhyuk gapped for a moment then mumbled to himself “ I think Queen Min is smarter than you Hyung

 

“What?!!”

 

Eunhyuk shook “Nah, never mind. Now, want to sleep with me tonight?”

 

Sungmin smiled cutely at him then moved closer to the younger “Umm Hyukkie, you seem dressed up well. Did you want to go somewhere? You even use perfume too”

 

Eunhyuk shook his head “Nah, just ignore it. I am a fashionista and this is my natural scent”

 

“You Silly!!!” he said then patted the younger’chest.

 

“But you like it right? Hahaha…… Hyung?”

 

“What?”

 

“Tomorrow I will have an audition at SM Entertainment. Would you mind to accompany me to go there. I am so nervous”

 

“Audition? Are you sure that company is compatible enough?”

 

“Of course. You don’t know SME? M & D band comes from it”

 

“I don’t watch TV much Hyuk”

 

Eunhyuk shook his head “Gosh, so what are you doing all this time?”

 

Sungmin shrugged “I prefer watching you dance, learning martial art, and threatening people than watching some pretty boy acting oh so cool”

 

Eunhyuk chuckled then hugged the smaller man into his embrace “So, will you come with me?” Sungmin nodded then finally yawned.

 

Hyung….”

 

“What again, Eunhyuk. Let’s sleep for tomorrow audition”

 

“Because you’re my best hyung and bestfriend, You can call me oppa again if you want when no people around”

 

Sungmin got blushed with Eunhyuk's words then threw his pororo doll to Eunhyuk’s face “Aww..!!”

 

“You ert!!!!!”

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

The day after

 

They’re sitting with other candidates, waiting their names to be called at SME building. Sungmin held Eunhyuk’s wet hand to get rid of his nervous feeling “Lee Eunhyuk?”

 

Someone from inside audition room called him. They stood in front of the door. Hyung, please pray for me” Eunhyuk gripped Sungmin’s hand.

 

Sungmin nodded “Yes. Of course. Fighting!!!” he said to encourage the younger. But when he was ready to open the door, Eunhyuk turned back and approached Sungmin again.

 

Hyung!”

 

“What? Do you need anything?” Sungmin couldn't help feeling nervous too.

 

The younger leaned to his ear then whispered something “Hyung, call me oppa just once please”

 

Sungmin’s face got red in an instant “What? Are you crazy? There is a lot of people here. I will embarrass myself”

 

He pouted at him “Hyung I didn’t say you should call me loudly. Just a whisper can do. Please. Look. My hand are shaking”

 

Sungmin sighed in defeat then shyly got closer to the younger and whispered “Oppa, do your best. Fighting !!!”

 

Eunhyuk blushed and showed his gummy smile “Hehe… Love it (still don't know why)”

 

It was like a little electric sensation hit him when he heard that word from Sungmin. He didn’t know the reason but that words did gain his confidence. In the other side, Sungmin had no idea why he liked it too. As he waited for the younger to come out from the room. Sungmin heard some familiar sounds had been played vaguely from a far. Maybe other people didn’t hear it but he was sure he heard some musical instrument were being played along with someone singing a song. Sungmin couldn’t help but stood up to find the source. He remembered his last dream about Queen Min. That sound exactly had the same melody with the one he heard in his dream but this time he didn’t hear a gayageum sound but a human voice instead.

 

“What is this song?” he whispered.

 

He walked further and the sound became clearer. Then he found a room with a card written ‘Practice Room’ attached to the door that was barely opened. He took a peek inside and found someone singing with his band mates.

 
The blowing wind becomes faint
My blackened burnt lips are becoming frozen together
When a sadness that makes me unable to speak approaches
The invisible pain pierces through me in the dark
 
My sky inside of me that I can’t love anymore
Even if I hope that you stay a little longer if I beg
Because I can’t just leave like this
Even though I try to find my scattered pieces, I must not be able to
Because my light is becoming clouded
 
My sky inside of me that makes me unable to love you anymore
Even if I hope that you stay a little longer if I beg,
 

Sungmin didn’t know what came into him that time as his body moved by itself toward the singer and approached him. The singer had a pair of big eyes, a long brown hair and milky skin. Sungmin surely never met him before but somehow he felt familiar toward the other.

 

The other bandmates slowly stopped playing their instrument except the vocalist. His eyes got bigger seeing a stranger bravely stood in front of him. At situation like this, the singer usually stoped singing and yelled to the intruder because of disturbing their practice but he didn’t do it. Instead, he continued to sing more without any instrument. He didn't know why too.

 

Even though I want to one of your memories forever,
You’re forgetting now
Your breath that is steadily getting further away to a place I cannot reach
In the end you make my soul that has left for heaven cry
 
Goodbye

 

After the song ended, Sungmin walked closer to the vocalist. He didn’t realize that some tears already breaking down  to his cheek. He also didn’t realize why his right hand was moving by itself and placing it’s palm to the vocalist left cheek who stood freezing before him.

 

He smiled at the taller “I’ve found you…” then faint out suddenly.

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

“Heechul Hyung, are you sure you don’t know him?” M & D guitarist, Jungmo asked him about the man who was laid unconsciously on the sofa at their practice room.

 

Heechul shook his head “I have no idea too”

 

His drummer, Jay chuckled “Are you sure Chul? It’s the first time I saw you got mesmerized by a guy not a y girl. He looks cute though”

 

He rolled his eyes “You know I don’t like cute guy, right? And you Donghae!! Stop laughing like that!!” he shouted toward the keyboardist.

 

“Haha… I can’t help Hyung. I hope I brought my camera to catch the moment when you captured him from falling to the floor. How romantic...” Donghae sang the last two words.

 

He glared to the younger “So what? You expected me to let him fell then his family will sue me for making their son lost his memories or even having a brain concussion? Hell No!!! I have maintained my image well so far”


“Heechul, we’re going to have lunch. You can leave him there, I will call our manager to take care of him” Jay said.

 

Heechul scoffed and lifted his left hand “How am I suppose to join you when this boy grabbing my wrist this tight? I can’t go. You can go first and you Donghae, bring me some oil here!!!”

 

“Huh? For what? You want to cook here?” said the magnae.

 

“For loosening his dead grip out of my hand, Idiot. Go take it, Now!!!” he yelled in anger.

 

Donghae pouted at him “I got it…I got it… Aish...”

 

As they left them alone in practice room, Heechul stared at the unconscious guy before him “What a strong grip you have, huh?” he let out some chuckles. He’s eyeing the man from hair to toes. He felt somewhat familiar feeling to the guy but he was sure that he hadn't meet him before.

 

He tried to touch the man’s face but he pushed away that thought quickly. Heechul sighed and shook his head “This is strange... I dislike a pretty guy a lot except myself but why … I can’t get my eyes out from you?”. For the first time in his life, he felt clueless “Who are you?”

 

He didn’t want to admit this (because his bandmates sure would laugh at him) but the latter’s face really reminded him of someone who sometimes appeared in his dreams. But he’s sure that the person was a woman not a guy. A Beautiful Queen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Here chapter 7 ^^. Finally I get holiday for two weeks. I hope I can write more fics. Thank you so much with your precious comments. I am so happy. And welcome to the new subscribers too. I use Heechul’s song ‘Spirit’ from Super Show 2 here because I think it suit this story as a theme song. I hope you all like this chapter.

Please COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE and Tell Me What You Think ^^ !!!!