The Unknown Warrior

The Mute Queen

That night at Queen Pavilion, Sunkyu and Sunyoung were waiting for Queen Min and Sulli anxiously. Other courtladies were sleeping at the most, not aware that their queen was running away alone. Actually Sunkyu wanted to go after Queen Min with Siwon, but she was aware it’s too risky. Too many things happened these days. Sunkyu had seen so many changes of emotions from the queen and she thought the was when Heechul discovered Queen Min’s identity. She wouldn’t blame Heechul to feel hurt when Queen Min pretended she didn’t know him, neither she would for Queen Min trying to explain her reason to the gisaeng. But it’s still improper for her decision to go out from Gyeongbok Palace secretly in the middle of night. Especially since Lady Yubin and her people started to keep a watch about her personal life. It’s too dangerous for both Heechul and Queen Min herself.

 

That was why Sunkyu disliked Queen Min’s friendship with Heechul. Not only because their too distinct status, but also she was afraid how if their friendship turned out too deep. And the fact that King Cho had known about Heechul’s being this time was also like a warning for Queen Min. Although she admitted Heechul was the reason for Queen Min’s smile after these painful three years. Nothing good would happen if they’re still going to meet.

 “Ah.... What to do...? It’s been too long. Why aren’t they coming back? Chief Siwon hasn’t come to bring any news too” Sunyoung walked back and forth nervously.

“Can you stop walking around? How if someone see you make a scene like that?” Sunkyu warned. Sunyoung stopped and bowed her head “I am sorry”.

“Are you sure there’s no one seeing Min Mama escaped the palace except you and Sulli?”

“Yes, I am sure"

Sunkyu sighed “Now just wait quietly and wish they will come back safely”

“Who will come back safely?”

Both Sunkyu and Sunyoung got tensed as they saw Lady Yubin and her followers were approaching them.

“La...Lady Yubin, it’s already passed mid night. I thought you should have been sleep—“

“I just want to check out Min Mama if she is okay. You haven’t answer my question, Courtlady Sunkyu. Who do you hope will come back safely?”

Sunkyu was fidgeting her fingers, debating whether she should say the truth or make an excuse. But it’s Lady Yubin she was dealing with this time. Whatever she said, her life would be put on the line.

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

 

Meanwhile, the thick silence at the west side of Hanyang forest was slashed by a fierce battle between Siwon and dozens of men in black who lunged over him from all direction at once, never bothered to pause even in a slight milisecond to attack the Chief of Lee Family soldiers with their sword techniques. But no one of them could approach their real target for less than radius 5 meters as Siwon was dauntless shielding Sungmin and Sulli with all his power, eventhough in return, he had to do countless jumps to the air to fight all of the mysterious attackers.

 

Their moves were so light as if they could fly. The darkness of the forest wasn’t friendly either, scorning our hero to realize that he was lost in numbers and his eyes couldn’t perfectly predict their moves. But there were other things he could depend on beside the scarce amount of lights. His instinct and anger which nevertheless successfully took down more than a half of the attackers. While the rest of them kept a distance from him  but still carefully holding their swords, calculating the right time for the next attack.

 

“HOW DARE YOU TO HURT THE QUEEN OF THIS COUNTRY!!!“ Siwon shouted toward the rest with fury eyes. For him, no one deserve a second life after hurting his queen even only a single strand of her hair. By judging from their number and fighting style, Siwon was sure they were pretty professional, too impossible to be merely ordinary robbers. Thinking there ought to be someone commanded them to endanger Sungmin had made his blood boiling.

 

Siwon started to swing his sword again toward the nearest attacker. Sulli watched him from behind with trembling jaws. She had seen some battle practices of royal soldiers before, but she never  saw a real battle with such a dense scent of fear and death like this one. Watching every attackers tried to reach her and Queen Min from all directions made her getting too many almost-die experiences. Eventhough Siwon always managed to toss them out, but she couldn’t feel more relief. She admitted Siwon’s great martial art technique but even a ferocious wild beast could be tired with a long time battle like that. She couldn’t be careless until all of them were defeated.

 

Sulli glanced to Sungmin on her lap. The latter was still unconscious. The dimly moonlight that slightly managed to pass between the branch leafes was illuminating Sungmin’s face, making Sulli noticed the dark circles below the queen’s eyes. She must be lacked of sleep for days, she thought. But she kept aside her curiosity soon as she heard a noise beside them. Her eyes quickly widened in shock when she saw one of the attacker whom she thought had been killed by Siwon earlier was standing up from the ground, drawing his sword toward them.

 

Kyaaaaa!!!!” Siwon heard Sulli’s scream, reflexively turned his attention toward the female. The attacker whom he fought with was seeing a good chance then managed to injure Siwon’s left leg. He knelt to the ground, didn’t care with his own wound as his eyes locked to Sungmin’s figure and screamed “NOOO!!!!”.

 

Slash!!!

 

A head fell.

 

Sulli saw it rolling to the ground. She was so shocked to the point she forgot how to breath. She looked up slowly to see the person who cut the attacker’s head. The tiny moonlight also landed to his face. He was smiling to her. A beautiful smile she never thought could be owned by a killer.

“Are you okay?”

“N....No...” she muttered before losing her conscious beside Sungmin.

The mysterious man then glanced to Siwon who looked at him with surprise.

“Do—Donghae??”

He didn’t answer him immediately, instead he threw his cleaver toward Siwon like a light speed. Siwon paused his breath seeing the cleaver rolling to the air, then straightly piercing the other attacker’s chest who injured Siwon earlier.

 

“Watch your behind, Ninja! The game hasn’t over” Donghae said, as he saw another group of men in black mask were coming with number twice bigger than the first group. Donghae ran to take back his cleaver then headed off to welcome the new attackers. Donghae rested his cleaver to his shoulder then sighed “My...my...my..., seems like there are more deers to behead tonight”. Siwon ripped his own clothes, tied his wound with it then stood up to take  his own sword.

 

 

 

~~~~~*SJ*~~~~~

 

 

 

At the same time, the lamps in Lord Seunghyun’s residence hadn’t turned out yet as the minister had a meeting with Secretary Minho and a new ally.

“Is there any news from Gunwook, Minho?”

Minho shook his head in discontent “There isn’t, Sir. I can’t find him anywhere as if he’s disappeared from earth, just like the other spies”

”Are you sure Lee faction isn’t behind it?”

“Yes, Sir. We still have another spy inside Lee faction soldiers. He said even among Lee soldiers had no idea where Gunwook is”

Lord Seunghyun let out a heavy sigh “Well, if our plan this night succeed, Gunwook’s disappearance will not really matter anymore. How about the paid assassins? Have they managed to track down Queen Min?”

“Yes, Sir. We hired 1 platoon and divided them in two groups like what you wanted. They are very skilled assassins from Nihongo. Even if Chief Siwon who well known as the ghost swordsman won’t win them in number”

“Isn’t 1 platoon of paid assassins too many just for killing one woman, Lord Seunghyun? I told you she’s leaving alone with a junior courtlady”

The said man chuckled “Madam Ok, don’t pretend you don’t know whom we’re dealing with. Choi faction has waited this rare chance to come for long. Let’s say I want to give The Queen of Jonseong a honorable death”.

Madam Ok scoffed a little “We shouldn’t celebrate it too soon, my Lord. Knowing we sit together in this place makes us seems like a total villain”

He meant to pour his best liquor to their cup, but paused in the middle. He put it back on the table and glanced to the elder female “You seems a bit tensed, Madam Ok. It isn’t like your first crime”

“But I never kill someone before”

Lord Seunghyun laughed “Hahaha....So, is poisoned Queen Min and sent her brother to jail making you less innocence?”

Madam Ok clenched her teeth “Lord Seunghyun...”

Minho tried to warn the female with a low voice “Madam, you shouldn’t say—“

“It’s okay, Minho” Lord Seunghyun raised a hand calmly then glanced at madam Ok.“Calm down Madam. Just think about all the pain you and your daughter have been through for years. Just like you, we Choi faction has been suffered so much because of Lee faction. Not only from countless deaths, we also experienced so many injustices because they looked down on us” Lord Seunghyun balled his fist, showing his deep hatred.

 

He stared at Madam Ok with a smirk “In this world, there are people who deserve to die because of their existence. Lee Sungmin. She is just one person but can unite all Lee faction members into one. Like a devil that hides behind a beauty. She is too dangerous to lead this country”. 

Minho also added his opinion “Yes, Madam. I believe the moment you saw Queen Min running away from Gyeongbok Palace isn’t a random coincidence. Even heaven can’t stand with those evil faction and give their blessing to us. Lee faction are so busy with their own matter, I doubt they can catch up our paid assassins right now”

Lord Seunghyun couldn’t hide his content smile seeing how Madam Ok’s expression changed.“Now, while waiting tonight result, why don’t we talk about our next plan. To get rid another our stumbling block?”

Madam Ok gulped, not really anticipating what the plan was as she saw the way Lord Seunghyun stared at her “Who do you mean another stumbling block”

Seunghyun smirked “You know who”

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

 

The fierce battle at Hanyang forest was still going on. Although his left leg was terribly wounded, but he still could manage to cover the weak point by taking another sword from the former dead attacker and executing two sword style to fight the new attackers. This second batch of assassins seemed to be tougher than the first one. They’re not only using sword but also arrows, spears, daggers, chain blade whip, and sickles.

 

However, seemed like it wouldn’t take any longer time as he wasn’t fighting alone. Donghae. The man was taking down every attackers just in seconds. In contrary with Siwon, he didn’t seem to use any specific martial art style. His moves were just brutal. Not only once Siwon stole a glance watching the other moved forward while swinging his cleaver like a storm, never even once missing his target. Such a natural intense killing. And what had made it more thrilling was how Donghae looked so enjoying everytime his enemy fell to the ground. The Cleaver. For a second, Donghae’s fighting style was somehow kinda familiar to Siwon. He was sure he had seen it before during his first year training as Lee family’s soldier. But by whom?

 

“Siwon, BEND DOWN!!!” Siwon saw Donghae jumped up to the air in front of him. He bent his head down and realized a second after as Donghae took down an attacker who meant to hurt Siwon from behind.

“Really? You still have time spacing out?” Donghae complained. Siwon ignored his question, instead he rolled forward to take a spear on the ground then threw it straight to the last attacker behind Donghae.

“And you still have a time to complain before finishing your enemy” Siwon talked back, making the other man scoffed.

They finally succeed to defeat all the attackers. There were so many questions Siwon wanted to ask Donghae, but he decided to keep them aside. He approached one of the attackers who was still alive and grabbed him by cloth.

“WHO DID COMMAND YOU?!!” he interrogated him in anger. He opened his mask. The attacker only smirked then spat out some blood before slumped dead. Siwon looked dumbfounded.

Donghae approached them then grabbed the attacker’s hand and found some tiny pills “Look! I think it’s a poison” he said.

Siwon growled. That meant the person who commanded them was powerfull enough to make him chose dead instead of spilling the secret. “Seems like he knew he would still be killed after saying the truth though” Donghae shrugged, earning some glares from Siwon.

 

(rustle...rustle...rustle...)

 

Both men quickly grabbed their weapon, being wary as they heard some noise. Fortunately, it was from Sungmin who just gained conscious. The queen then sat while massaging her temple. She noticed Sulli laying beside her and also some dead bodies spread on the ground around them. She wondered what did she miss. Sungmin quickly placed a finger below Sulli’s nose for a moment then sighed a relief as she felt the courtlady was still breathing.

Gongjunim!! Are you okay?” Siwon ran toward her recklessly then fell on his knees in front of the female as he fully addressed the pain on his left leg. Sungmin approached him and untied the wet fabric. The wound seemed to be more severe from the last battle.

 

“It’s okay, Gongjunim. I just need to wrap the wound tighter” Siwon said noticing the worry from Sungmin’s eyes. But the queen prevented Siwon to wrap it back with the former fabric, thus she took her own handkerchief then wrapped it around Siwon’s leg tightly. “Gongjunim, you don’t ha—“ he paused his words. The moment her hands touched him, he thought he had received the healing already. He’s glancing at her, would never blame his finger which moved thoughtlessly, wanting to caress the owner of those beautiful eyelashes. Not until Donghae’s voice brought him back into his sense, and quickly retreated his hand.

 

“Young Miss, pull yourself together. Young Miss?” Donghae patted Sulli’s cheek. The young girl was slowly opening her eyes. When Donghae’s face came into her view, she meant to scream but the man just shut with his palm “Shhhh...... calm down. They are all gone” Donghae smiled. He didn’t know it’s him who actually made the girl terrified.

“Errrrmmm Errmmm!!”

“I will pull my hand if only you don’t scream. Your Queen is awake anyway” Donghae turned his head to Sungmin’s direction. Sulli nodded quickly then took off Donghae’s hand from , forgot her fear in an instant, and went toward Sungmin “Min Mama, are you okay?”. The queen nodded slightly, then her eyes turned back at the corpses that spread behind Siwon.

 

“You got attacked, Gongjunim. We don’t know by whom, but don’t worry I will find it out soon” Siwon informed. If Sunkyu didn’t inform him quicker that the most possible place where Sungmin went  to was Petal House, he wouldn’t have arrived on time to rescue her. And knowing he still had no clue about who was behind this attack really irked him to the nerve. The queen only let out a small sigh. He expected she would be very upset since it was an attempted murder toward her, but he saw the opposite. It was rather to be empty than calm.

“There’s a small house near here” Donghae informed, pointing to a certain direction. “It used to be a resting place for some hunters whenever weather turned bad. It’s not safe to go around tonight, especially after what just happened. Your horse is wounded too” he added.

Siwon glanced back to Sungmin “I think he’s right, Gongjunim

Sungmin nodded slightly then stood up. Sulli approached Siwon “Is it really all right to trust him?” Sulli whispered in worry.

Siwon assured with smile “Yes, he is our friend”

 

Donghae guided them at the front, making a way. While Siwon walked at the back, still in alert. Sometimes he stole a glance toward Sungmin. He noticed the queen was spacing out, as if she was in her own world. Something must be happened after she went to meet Heechul. He thought.

He quickened his walk and approached Sulli who walked behind Sungmin “What happened in Petal House?”

Sulli looked at Siwon, bit her lower lip, mind was debating if she had to tell him or not for a moment. In the end she shook her head slowly “I am sorry, Chief Siwon” she said before catching up her pace to Sungmin.

 

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

Slap!!

 

“She is going out alone?!!! You’re her first courtlady, WHY DID YOU LET THIS HAPPEN ?!!!!” Lady Yubin couldn’t manage her cool anymore. Sunkyu wasn’t surprised with her reaction. She didn’t flinch and let the sting on her cheek just passed.

“She is not alone, Lady Yubin. She is with Courtlady Sulli. Chief Siwon is also on his way” Sunkyu explained.

“Do you have any idea where she is going?”

Sunkyu took a breath for a second then said “If...if not at Lee family house, she probably visiting her parent’s grave. She always did that whenever she had problem with King Cho”

“Visiting her parent’s grave at night? It doesn’t make any sense” Lady Yubin said, didn’t fully accept Sunkyu’s excuse.

“But there’s a resting place”

Lady Yubin scoffed “You’re always have your own answer, Courtlady Sunkyu. What an arrogant. Do you realize letting Queen Min out of your sight mean you fail doing your main duty?”

Sunkyu bowed her head “I am so sorry if it sound unrespectful to you, Lady Yubin. I promise this is my first and last  mistake”

“Did you only send Chief Siwon?”

“Officer Jinki with some Lee soldiers is also searching her”

“Don’t just some. Use all Lee family’s soldiers too search her. We have to inform King Cho too about this and ask main royal bodyguards to help us”

Sunkyu’s eyes widened “Wh...what? Isn’t it too—“

“Courtlady  Sunkyu!!! you’re not in charge to order here” Lady Yubin said curtly.

“I am sorry” Sunkyu bowed again.

Lady Yubin sighed “Actually, there a news from our spy that someone saw a large group of men from Nihongo had boarded at Okpo Harbor and meant to go to Hanyang. From their description, the way they dressed were similar to group Zangeki no Kaze

Sunkyu raised her eyebrows “Zangeki no Kaze?”

“They’re professional assassins. We can’t let Queen Min goes outside Gyeongbok Palace alone unguarded while those kind of people wandering around in Jonseong. I still don’t know who command them, but I guess it’s from Choi Faction since our spy said it’s someone from royal council”

Sunkyu clenched her hands. This time she had to agree Lady Yubin’s point. Lee faction had been Choi Faction’s sworn enemy. If they knew Queen Min went out from the palace alone, it would be like seeing cracks on the wall.

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

At King’s Quarters

 

 

Kyuhyun was in his reading room, decided to keep himself busy, drowning in some state reports. He couldn’t push Sungmin out of his mind if he did nothing since he still had some difficulties to sleep those recent days.

Phea, Lady Seohyun has arrived” Eunuch Kang announced. Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow, wondering why she came in a late night.

“Let her in” Kyuhyun replied. As the concubine entered his room, Kyuhyun approached her and held her shoulder “Hyun, why do you come here? You should sleep right now. It isn’t good for your health”

Seohyun landed her cheek to his chest, wrapping him in a hug for a moment “I just miss you”.

“What is troubling you, Hyun?” he asked.

Seohyun released the hug and looked up at him “Phea. Do I have any mistake to you which I don’t know? Please tell me. I will fix them”

Kyuhyun frowned “No. Why do you think like that?”

Her eyes then turned glassy “I feel like you’re avoiding me”

Kyuhyun shook his head “No. It’s not like that. I just have so many works. You know that, right?”

“I told you before that you can talk about anything to me. You said I am your best advisor and—“

“Seohyun, ENOUGH !!!” The King accidentally raised his voice, made the concubine was pounded by surprise since it’s the first time the male raised his voice toward her. Tears unexpectedly flew down her cheeks “I am sorry, Phea. I didn’t mean to disturb you... I just worry if your heart toward me is changing. I ... I think I am right ...” The concubine started to sob.

Kyuhyun closed his eyes, massaged his temple for a second, then approached Seohyun back and held her shoulder “I am sorry, Hyun. I didn’t mean to shout at you like that”.

“I..I heard you brought a Gisaeng into the palace”

Kyuhyun sighed “So it’s actually because of that you came here? I didn’t bring a Gisaeng, but a Gayageum artist. I enjoyed her play. Just that”

“They said she was so beautiful” she looked down. She knew the King had right to have more concubine as many as he wanted, but still her heart couldn’t fully accept it.

Kyuhyun chuckled, noticing her jealousy “Don’t worry. She is not my style”

“Really? Your heart hasn’t changed, has it?” Seohyun looked up at him with hopeful eyes.

Kyuhyun went silent for a moment then nodded “Yes. It hasn’t changed”. A smile was soon drawn on Seohyun’s lip.

 

PHEA !!!! Queen Min!!!” Eunuch Kang entered the room by running.

Seeing the eunuch came without notice like that, he knew something bad just happened “What happen, Eunuch Kang?”

“She is running away”

Kyuhyun’s eyes grew bigger. His mind shouted Again? He felt something boiled up in his chest. Suddenly Heechul’s image popped up in his mind. Is she so desperate that much to meet that transvestite gisaeng to explain her play-act? Why wouldn't she just go to him tomorrow? Did she realize she just put a shame on her virtue as a Queen?

 

“Who did report it to you, Eunuch Kang?” Lady Seohyun asked the Eunuch

“Lady Yubin and Courtlady Sunkyu. They asked help to borrow our main royal bodyguards to search for her”

Kyuhyun was surprised. He was sure Courtlady Sunkyu, the woman Sungmin trusted the most in this palace, knew very well about Sungmin’s relationship with Heechul. So why didn’t she bring the courtlady along with her?

“Do you mean she ran away alone? Where is courtlady Sunkyu right now. I want to talk with her”

“She has left, Phea. She joins Lee family’s soldiers to find Queen Min. Lady Yubin is waiting outside”.

“But, isn’t only with Lee family’s soldiers enough to search her? They’re known as the strongest soldiers” Lady seohyun stated her opinion.

“But Hyun Mama, Lady Yubin said there’s a group of assassins from Nihongo hanging around Hanyang. So, she is afraid something bad will happen if we’re letting Queen Min outside the palace alone unguarded”.

Soon his anger was replaced by worry “Okay. Please inform Captain Younghwa.... No. Officer Jungshin to bring some our main royal bodyguards to meet me now. I will go with them. Tell Captain Yonghwa to look after the palace” He said in steady.

 

Seohyun grabbed his arm “Phea, please don’t go. I have a bad feeling about this”

Kyuhyun looked at her and shook his head “No. Seohyun. I have to go” he said then retreated Seohyun’s hand from him.

Seohyun started to cry and pulled his arm again “Phea. Please!!! They said it’s a group of assassins from Nihongo. Please don’t go. It’s dangerous. How if you get hu—“

“She is my wife, Hyun!!!”

Kyuhyun’s stare was looked like a glare to her. He was never like that before. 'My Wife'. Those words felt like a sword slashed through her chest. She slowly pulled out her hands from him. On the other side, Kyuhyun knew he just hurt her. But he didn’t have enough time to explain he didn’t mean his words again nor to tell any other lie.

 

Kyuhyun walked toward the door then he heard a loud bump behind him and Seohyun’s scream “Arghhhh!!!”. The concubine had fallen to the floor. She was holding her stomach, face was shrunk as she endured the pain. Kyuhyun quickly ran toward her “Hyun!!! Are you okay?!!”.

Seohyun cried “My baby....my baby....”

“What? Isn’t this too soon?”

“I’ll call a royal doctor, Phea” Eunuch Kang bowed his head then ran to tell Eunuch Ryeowook and the courtladies outside about what happened.

Kyuhyun carried the crying Seohyun to his arms “Please just bear it for a while, Hyun. I will bring you to the royal doctor” he told her before exited the reading room.

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

They had arrived at the resting house Donghae had talked about earlier. The abandoned house was pretty small, but it had a fireplace to warm their bodies, an oil lamp, a clay stove and some firewoods. Queen Min and Sulli were resting inside while Siwon and Donghae were guarding outside, making a bonfire to avoid some wild animal coming.

“Min Mama, Mr. Donghae has brought us some water. Do you want me to boil it for you?” Sulli who sat in front of the fireplace asked the queen.

Sungmin shook her head then laid herself on the floor with her own cloak as a mat. Sulli let out a yawn then took off her own cloak. She approached Sungmin, noticing the queen had been driven into sleep. She covered Sungmin with her cloak as a blanket then went back to sit in front of the fireplace to warm herself.

She yawned again, yet she heed the warning because watching over Queen Min was her main duty right then. She was afraid if she closed her eyes, she would be driven into sleep too. Therefore, she decided to keep her mind busy. She glanced at Sungmin’s back figure.

Her thought was recalling the time when they were at Petal house.

 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Flashback
*********

“Excuse me. Can I know what kind of relationship between Min Mama and Heesun-shi?” Sulli asked Hyoyeon.

The gisaeng looked dumbfounded “...Heesun? Who?” 

“The woman who came together with you to Gyeongbok Palace earlier. She even called Min Mama by her name” Sulli explained.

Hyoyeon’s mouth made an ‘o’ shape “Ooh...she...”

Sulli frowned, thinking there’s nothing wrong with her words spelling “Pardon?”

Hyoyeon shook her head "Um No. Never mind. They... uh... they’re friends. Used to be close friends... but...”

“But?”

Hyoyeon looked down, her lip formed a bitter smile for a moment “But I still hope they are still. Because when I saw them together, it's always felt like seeing a painting of the blooming cherry blossom” 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
End of Flashback
***************

 

At that time, she still had a lot of things to ask but their conversation had to stop when she saw Queen Min leaving from Petal House with tears. She knew she didn’t have any right to ask, neither she did know the best way to comfort her. The Queen was known to define her own border line pretty clear about family’s status. No one could get close without going through some complicated palace protocols. If Queen Min’s precious friend Courtlady Sunkyu had talked about several days ago were indeed Lady Heehee, it would have made sense if Queen Min pretended didn’t know that person to protect her status. It was like an unwritten rule in Jonseong, that a noble couldn’t have any relationship with people from a low rank status. Especially a courtesan. Queen Min’s action was what people expected she would do.

 

But those tears told Sulli there’s another reason why Queen Min acted like that. And it’s definitely not because she felt shameful toward that gisaeng.

 

If it were true.

 

Like a painting of the blooming cherry blossom.

 

She wondered if the person that could really make Queen Min shed tears and also smile did exist.

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

 

(Fweeeeeeeeeeeetttttt !!!)

 

“What are you doing?” Donghae asked as he saw Siwon was whistling pretty loud, eyes kept looking  up toward the sky.

“Calling a friend”

Donghae frowned. How could someone come there only by a human whistle? They were in the middle of Jonseong’s largest forest. It ought to be a thousand times louder than a human whistle to reach someone’s ears. He thought. Gladly, his curiosity was quickly answered by the appearance of a black eagle was landing on his left arm.“Oh!!! It’s the bird that always following you around, isn’t it?”

Siwon glanced at Donghae and raised an eyebrow. As far as he knew, no one knew about his pet’s presence outside Lee’s family members “Since when?”

Donghae just shrugged “Since beginning”

 

Siwon then took off something from it’s leg. It was a paper and a tiny pen brush. He wrote some particular codes on the paper, rolled it neatly then tied it back to his eagle.

“What is  it?”

“A message for Sunkyu about our location”

“Wow. It’s awesome !!! Although it’s a pity a highest rank of bird like eagle is treated like a pigeon, but it’s still awesome” Donghae said in amazed.

Siwon scoffed “Stop acting stupid, Donghae. I know you’re not” he said then swang his arm to send the eagle to fly up sending his message.

“Hei!! What do you mean acting stupid? I can accept to be called fish, air head, muscle brain, or anything. But I don’t accept people calling me stupid” Donghae protested.

“You can fight” Siwon stated then sat near the bonfire to warm himself too.

Donghae shrugged “Everyone can fight. And just if you want to know, actually Heechul hyung is stronger than me”

Siwon knitted his eyebrows “Heechul?”

“Yes. He can beat people easily only with his poisonous words. He can also catch a fly with chopsticks like ZZzzzzzt Zzzztttt...” Donghae replied excitedly but Siwon didn’t accept his ridiculous joke.

“I am serious, Donghae. Who are you? How did you know where we were?” Siwon stared at the other male sharply. It’s not like he was being ungrateful about Donghae’s help. But for the sake of Sungmin’s safety, he couldn’t be blamed to suspect anyone who’s potential. Donghae whom he thought always acting like a frivolous kid, could kill dozens of people with cold blood. Siwon was sure Donghae was no ordinary.

 

Donghae stared him back in silent for seconds then said “I am Donghae. I hunt deers and sell their meats to the market. I mean the real deers. Sometimes I catch wild boars too. This forest is like my playground. Several hours ago, I heard a horse shrieked and found the three of you got attacked, so I gave my help.”

“But you killed human, Donghae. Not deers”

“You too” Donghae replied calmly.

“It’s different”

“What’s different?”

“You weren’t even look scared at all”

Donghae laughed “Hahaha... of course I was so scared. As much as I didn’t want to die”

“But you’re smiling while cutting their head. You’re enjoying it

 

Donghae became silent again for a moment. This time his playful expression was changed to be serious “I understand if you distrust me after seeing what happened. But believe me, I am not your enemy. I killed those people because they bothered my friends. That’s all”

Siwon sighed with relief “I am sorry for doubting you, Donghae. Thanks for your great help anyway”

Donghae shrugged then moved to arrange some woods in the bonfire “Never mind, Ninja

Siwon chuckled. When they first met, Donghae called him like that too “Stop calling me Ninja

“It’s because you always wear black outfits. So boring”

 

“Donghae, about your fighting style. What kind of martial art it is? Where did you learn that?”

Donghae knitted his brows “Hm? Why? Do you like it?”

“No. Just....curious”

“Well. It’s nothing particular actually. I asked my late father what kind of hunting technique that didn’t require too much thinking,–since I hate thinking. But I like chasing because it’s blood thrilling” Donghae then took his cleaver then started to wipe the remaining blood stain with a fabric. Siwon noticed something different in Donghae’s eyes when the latter fixed his stare to his own cleaver.

“My father said just believe to my instinct. So I choose to behead my prey because it makes the blood flows fast, and the animal will soon rest in peace without suffering too much pain. They must be grateful to me” Donghae added with smirk. For a moment, Siwon felt some shiver through his spine while hearing Donghae’s last words. He thought he was right. Donghae was indeed no ordinary. Then something popped up in his mind, he suddenly remembered Donghae’s words after waking up Sulli earlier.

 

“I will pull my hand if only you don’t scream. Your Queen is awake anyway”

 

Siwon’s eyes grew bigger. How did Donghae know Sungmin was a queen?

He clenched his hands “Donghae. You—“

 

Bam!!!!

 

Suddenly Sulli appeared at the front door, looked panic “Chief Siwon!! Min Mama! Min Mama!”

Siwon and Donghae stood up immediately “What happen?” Siwon asked.

Sulli started to cry “I think I just fell asleep for 5 minutes but after I opened my eyes ....She... She is disappeared...”

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

At Concubine Pavilion,

A royal doctor was examining Lady Seohyun’s pulse, while some nurses was busy making a herbal medicine for the concubine. She was laid unconscious, but her hand was still holding Kyuhyun tightly, didn’t want to let go. Queen Mother Insoo was also present too, looking worried.

“How is her condition, Doctor?”

The doctor was still checking her wrist, sometimes tilting his head as if he was confused about something.

“Is there something wrong?”

“N—No, Phea. She... She is all right now. Her baby too. She is just tired and need a long rest. My nurses are making a tonic to bring back her energy”. Both Kyuhyun and his mother let out a relief sigh.

 

Kyuhyun’s mother said “Thank Goodness. When I heard she was collapsed, I was so afraid she would lose her child. How could she be careless like that? Did she know her life is nothing compared to the child she is bearing? She must be grateful bearing a King’s child”

“Mother, you shouldn’t say that” Kyuhyun warned.

Queen Mother sighed then changed the topic “Courtlady Taeyeon!”

The said courtlady approached her “Yes, Daebi Mama

“Your duty is watching over her 24 hours a day. What has you been doing all this time?” She scolded her.

Courtlady Taeyeon bowed “Please forgive my mistake, Daebi Mama. I will do better from now on”

“Mother, it’s enough. You need rest too” Kyuhyun lowered his voice.

Queen Mother Insoo sighed then stood up “Right. I will come again tomorrow”.

“I also will leave now, Phea” The royal doctor bowed his head. “My nurse will come everyday to check on her” He added.

As she reached the door, Madam Ok just arrived. Madam Ok stopped as she faced her master in front of her, then bowed deeply “Where were you all this time?” Queen Mother Insoo said curtly.

“I am sorry, Daebi Mama. I was—“

“I don’t need your reason. Just go to check your daughter” She said before leaving.

 

Madam Ok approached her daughter “Seohyun-ah!! What did happen with her, Phea?

“I am sorry, Madam Ok. It’s my fault” Kyuhyun replied.

Madam Ok touched Seohyun’s forehead and held her hand. Courtlady Taeyeon then spoke “She was collapsed at King Quarters, Madam. I had warned her that it’s not good for her health to go at late night. But she insisted”. Madam Ok then sighed “So, it’s like that. Please don’t blame yourself, Phea. It’s not your fault. I know you’re busy with your state works. My Seohyun also knew that fact but it seems the baby in her womb had clouded her mind. She just missed you, Phea

Kyuhyun shook his head “No, Madam Ok. It’s still my fault. I don’t have time for her because ....”. He paused for a moment then glanced to Seohyun “Because... I have so much in my head...”

 

“I have to go now” Kyuhyun said as he tried to pull his hand from Seohyun’s grip, but the female didn’t let him go and held his hand even tighter although her eyes were still closed.

“Let me help you, Phea” Madam Ok said, but Kyuhyun opposed “No, it’s okay Madam Ok”.

The King moved closer to his concubine. He caressed her cheek then gave a light peck on her forehead. Then he whispered something “Please, Hyun. I beg you. Please don’t be selfish”

A drop of tear was formed at each corner of her eyes as she slowly loosened her dead grip toward the king. Kyuhyun whispered Thank you before he left.

As Kyuhyun exited the pavilion, he was already welcomed by Officer Jungshin and some main royal body guards.

They bowed toward their majesty “Phea, we’re ready”

Kyuhyun nodded “Let’s go. I think I know where we shall go first”

 

Meanwhile, still at the concubine pavilion. Madam Ok stared at her laying daughter. She noticed her lip was trembling “This girl, don’t you have any other way to prevent him except acting like that? How if you got miscarriage for real? It’s a good thing the royal doctor didn’t tell him about your lie”

 

Seohyun opened her eyes and started sobbing “I think I am losing him, Mother. I think I am losing him...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC



Tadaaa!!!!! An extra long chapter with 6285 words. I supposed to update a week before but I got a cold again for a week TT__TT (I wonder if it's because I dont have hair in my nose that I get sick often. Hmmmph!!!)

I hope  it's not a boring chapter for you guys ^^. Please give me your cookies by commenting below and guess who will find Queen Min first? Kyuhyun or Heechul?