Autumn Tale

The Mute Queen

“Changmin-shi, how old are you?”

 

“Um... I am 22”

 

“Omo, such a young age can become a first rank royal body guard. You must be trained since you’re child”

 

“Ye...Yes ehehe...”

 

“Hyoyeon!! Stop flirting to a ” Heechul nagged Hyoyeon who kept raining Changmin with personal question on their way to King’s quarter. Both Hyoyeon and Changmin were shocked hearing his words in different ways.

 

“? Awww... You’re so mean. How do you know that, Heenim?”

 

“Ma—Madam, that—that’s harsh. We just meet today. How do –how do y—“

Hyoyeon smirked toward the young royal bodyguard whose face was already red in embarrassment “Awwww what a cutie” she poked his arm playfully. Heechul let out a light chuckle eventually thinking it’s a good choice bringing Hyoyeon with him to distract himself from his thought about King Cho’s intention to bring him here.

 

“Hey, I heard captain Yonghwa will capture someone and bring that person to this palace today”

 

Heechul stopped his tracks as he heard a familiar named been mentioned by two bodyguards who walked opposite them.

 

“Here? Does that mean that person is from a high noble class?”

 

“Yes. Jungyeol said it’s fraud or something” they added. Hyoyeon touched his shoulder “Heenim, is there something wrong?” the other gisaeng asked. But Heechul seemed to not hear her as his thought was recalling a flashback of the day he was released from the prison

 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Flashback
**********

That day he was being dragged by some guards to a certain room. There he met Captain Yonghwa who was holding a rolled paper contained an order from King Cho for him.

 

“This letter is bringing King Cho Kyuhyun’s words. Violating any of them mean you will be punished severely” the captain read out the letter in front of the kneeling Heechul.

 

“Lady Heehee aka Kim Heechul. The gisaeng of Petal house. From now on, your status is put under witness protection. All your actions will be watched directly under Royal Investigation Bureau jurisdiction. ”

 

“Can... can I know why am I put under witness protection?” His voice was pretty hoarse after waking up earlier that morning.

 

“Please don’t say any words before I finish, Madam” Heechul lifted his eyebrows as he realized the man in front of him didn’t know his real gender.

 

Then Captain Yonghwa continued to read the command “As a change of your freedom, King Cho invites you to Gyeongbok Palace to perform your talent as a gayageum player in front of the King and his Queen on determined time. End” said him then rolled up the letter back again.

 

“Does...Does that mean my case has been closed entirely?”

 

Captain Yonghwa sighed then shook his head “I am sorry, Madam. His Majesty said you’re still under investigation. If we get enough proves, we may change your status to be a defendant again and it’s included every people who helped you cheating on royal dance competition”

 

“But I wasn’t cheating”

 

“I understand, Madam. I think the reason why his majesty freed you is because he trust you” The captain smiled to the gisaeng.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
End of Flashback
***************

 

At that time, Heechul had a hunch that the captain of main royal bodyguard was as clueless as he was. If he was the King’s most trusted person, why his majesty didn’t let him know Heechul’s real gender. If what the captain said were true that his case investigation wasn’t entirely closed yet, he ought to be more carefull from then on. If that person was really involved in this case, even the reason was for helping him win, he had to not let them know no matter what.

 

“Heenim!! Is that Sungmin-shi? What is she doing in Gyeongbok palace?!!” Hyoyeon was first who recognized the said female from a far.

 

Heechul never thought he could become that idiot. It’s felt like been happening in a split second. In his sight there was Sungmin being surrounded with royal body guards and one of them even bringing handcuffs ready to capture Sungmin.

 

“We may change your status to be a defendant again and it’s included every people who helped you cheating on royal dance competition”

 

Captain Yonghwa’s words kept ringing in his mind as he didn’t aware with his surrounding. He only thought how he should protect his friend from a fraud accusation. He didn’t realize sooner that he just made a fool out of himself.

 

“HOW DARE YOU CALL QUEEN MIN BY HER NAME !!!” shouted someone who pulled him harshly from Sungmin making him lost his balance and fell to the ground.

 

Queen?

 

Right. Why didn’t he see that. Those luxurious clothes she was wearing. Her appearance. No it’s not his friend Sungmin. His Sungmin was always sweet, delicate, and cute. She never wore make up which was so exposing like that. His friend Sungmin always had this peachy coloured cheeks, never as pale as like that. Her eyes too, never had become this cold. She ought to be another person with similar face. She’s Queen Min, not his Sungmin.

 

“Hee—Heesun? Ump—“ there’s another courtlady he also recognized as Sulli. Her friend Sunyoung quickly shut with her palm since it would create another problem if they knew Heechul had come into this palace before in disguise as Heesun.

 

“Heenim, are you all right?” Hyoyeon approached him in worry. But it still failed to move his attention toward the female in front of him.

 

“Min Mama, do you know this person?!!” The woman who acted rude toward him before, Lady Yubin asked the Queen.

 

The Queen didn’t share a glance to him and muttered something which he couldn’t hear. Then another sight betrayed his judgement. There’s another familiar face stood up beside the queen and stared at him with unreadable expression “Sun—Sunkyu?” he whispered lowly.

 

“Min Mama said she doesn’t know this woman at all” the courtlady said.

 

That’s when all puzzles in his mind united into one piece and broke down in a flash second. The Queen was mute, so did Sungmin. Why didn’t he get suspicious from beginning? He had been accused for fraud but it’s eventually him who had been tricked from the start. No one could picture how his feeling right then. Air around him seemed to be to somewhere and left him with no single oxygen to take a breath.

 

“Please forgive my guest, Madam. She must be mistook my wife  as someone else” King Cho told Lady Yubin. The female bowed again toward the King “I am sorry, Phea. But I heard this person called Queen Min by her real name” explained her.

 

The King then glanced at Captain Yonghwa near him “You can leave now Captain” he said. The captain together with his fellows royal guards bowed toward the King then took their leave.

 

Heechul let out a light chuckle causing Lady Yubin glared dagger again to him “Did you just laugh?”

 

Heechul glanced at the King and Queen and smiled “No. I laughed at myself for my foolness, Madam. Let me introduce myself properly” he said as he stood up in front of them.

 

Heechul raised his both hands up to his eye level with his head slightly bowed then he cross-legged with his hands still raised in the above position and bent his upper body about 45 degrees. He stayed in that position for a couple of seconds before getting up as his respect toward the King and the queen of this country.

 

“Please forgive this foolish and uneducated folk for being impolite toward the queen of Jonseong. Don’t let this sin tainted your grace because of this Gisaeng. I am Lady Heehee sending my endless respect to His Majesty and Min Mama” Heechul said plainly, eyes were staring to no where except the ground in front of him.

 

“Gi—Gisaeng?!! Phe—Phea, I am sorry to say you this but why do you invite a Gisaeng into this palace?” Lady Yubin protested. For her, a gisaeng was just a e. Their presence would only taint this holy palace and lessen it’s virtues.

 

“Why not? A gisaeng is an artist too. Why don’t we judge her after seeing her performance? I heard her skill is the best in Gyeong district. I would love to show my queen her gayageum performance too. Have you received my letter, My Queen?” The king said to his wife.

 

Phea, you know I don’t have any interest in music’ Queen Min said with Sunkyu’s help. The King curved a smile and approached her until there’s only a short distance between them “I know. But why don’t you give it a try? I’ll wait you at the center chamber of my quarters” he said then walked passing the queen.

 

King Cho glanced at Heechul and said “Stand up and follow me, Lady Heehee”. But the said gisaeng just paused there unmoving “Lady Heehee” Kyuhyun called him again. Heechul finally was snapped out from his own thought. He bowed toward Sungmin and Lady Yubin then followed the King with Hyoyeon and Changmin.

 

As he walked passing the Queen, there’s a moment when their eyes met. But neither of them really looked at each other’s existence. As if there’s no one in front of them but a blank air.

 

Lady Yubin’s expression softened as she turned her glance toward Queen Min “Min Mama, I think you should accept his Majesty’s invitation. I don’t like that gisaeng too, but this is your chance Min Mama. It’s been a while for both of you having time together again”

 

Sungmin didn't answer immediately. Seemed like drawning with her own thought. She squeezed Kyuhyun’s letter she was holding on her right hand then let out a chuckle.

 

“What is it, Min Mama?”

 

Sungmin stared at her aunty and drew a bitter smile My husband’s gift for me, Aunty. Isn’t it sweet?”

 

Lady Yubin looked dumbfounded but Sunkyu who stood behind Sungmin understood clearly what was her queen felt that time.

 

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

Heechul was sitting behind the loose silk curtain at the center chamber of King’s quarters and playing his gayageum, while the other man was sitting on his throne and watching the solo performance while drinking some liquors.

 

The atmosphere inside the room was quite vacant. Moreover as the gisaeng seemed to play for himself while the King was very doubted whether he really paid any attention to the song or not. Hyoyeon who waited her master outside was the only one who noticed there’s something different with his play. The song was played really well but she thought it’s too plain. No emotions filled like his usual.

 

Then Hyoyeon spotted two familiar persons were standing at the alley on the right side of the building. Sungmin was unmoved and silently listening to the song Heechul played from outside while Sunkyu stood behind her. Actually Hyoyeon felt hurt witnessing how his master was being ignored by Sungmin back then.  But when she saw the queen’s eyes, somehow she could see some sadness and regret in them. Hyoyeon wanted to approach them, but Sunkyu quickly shook her head silently toward her.

 

As the gisaeng finished his performance. Kyuhyun put back his cup on the table then asked “What is that song called?”

 

“Autumn Tale”

 

“What does it tell about?”

 

“It’s about two person who start as lovers but end up as strangers on the later time. Like the way ginko tree changes it’s color and falls it’s leaves on autumn. A beautiful scene that seems to be last forever, but eventually will be forgotten as another season comes”

 

“Is that what do you feel right now? But it sound so plain to me”

 

Heechul smiled shortly behind the curtain “Maybe my skill is only up to that level, Phea”

 

“What do you see today?”

 

“If I answer that question, would you mind to answer the same question?”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled then poured another cup of liquor in front of him “If I say I have seen what I wanted to see, will you say the same answer?”

 

“Is what I have seen today something you wanted me to see?”

 

“It has actually nothing to do with you, Kim Heechul. What I expected to see was her. And I feel relieved for the result” he stared blankly toward his cup for a moment “I should be ...” he mumbled before drinking it in one go.

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

“Let’s go home, Hyoyeon”

 

Heechul exited the King’s quarters with his gayageum. Hyoyeon wanted to say something to her master about Sungmin but the female had left soon after Heechul finished his performance. Changmin approached both gisaengs to them outside the palace. On their way to reach the front gate, there stood Sunkyu waiting for them.

 

“You shouldn’t be here” Sunkyu said to Heechul.

 

Heechul let out a short smile and surprisingly bowed his head in front of the courtlady “Or maybe we shouldn’t meet from beginning” he said before passing Sunkyu.

 

The courtlady remained unmoved even after Heechul and Hyoyeon had disappeared from the front gate. “Maybe you’re right, Kim Heechul” she mumbled. A part of her really wanted to explain everything that Queen Min wasn’t like he was thinking, but another part of her told otherwise. That it’s good to end their relationship like that.

 

 

==================
Back To Present Time
++++++++++++++++++

 

 

(bukk)

 

“Akh!! What the !!” Heechul cried out as his head bumped to the wood above him. It took him a moment to realize he has been laying beneath a table at someone’s living room.

 

“You’re awake?” he heard someone scoffed. Heechul rubbed his aching head and pushed the table aside pretty hard earning a protest from the other man in the room “Hey!! That’s my expensive furniture, Heechul” said the man who was just exited from bathroom

 

Heechul seemed didn’t care and brought himself off to sit on the sofa “Whatever Teukie. What time is it now?” he said to the other man.

 

“8 a.m” he said while taking 2 cokes from refrigerator then giving one to Heechul.

 

“How did I end up here anyway?” he asked then took a sip of his coke. The soda was quite helping to get rid uneasy feeling in his stomach. He barely remembered what happened after he went back from Cho’s family house.

 

Leeteuk scoffed and showed his displease “You didn’t remember? When I entered here past midnight, I found you finishing off  all my wine stocks Kim Heechul. How did you know my apartment code?”

 

“It’s just wines!!”

 

“Yes, it’s just my very precious wines collection. I will putting the bill in your salary”

 

Heechul rolled his eyes “Oh come on. Why are you so stingy? Company has cut my payment a lot this year. You can’t do that to me” he whined to his producer. He took a remote to change channel with sullen look“You’re not my friend anymore” he grumbled.

 

Leeteuk sighed and shook his head seeing the singer acted like a child again. He took the remote from Heechul hand to change the channel back again receiving a protest from the younger “What did happen yesterday? You had made Yuri and your members almost crazy searching for you, you know? I have called Jay to pick you up”

 

Instead of answering his question, Heechul just tried to take the remote from Leeteuk’s hand “Yah! What’s so interesting to watch political news? I want to watch George!!”

 

Leeteuk hid the remote behind his back “Why? It’s about Younghwan sonsengnim, look!!” Leeteuk pointed out the news on TV about the banquet that had been held in Blue House last night.

 

Heechul scoffed watching the news “Now I know where my payment goes. He used SM artist for his political funds. Nice move, oldman!”

 

“Hey, watch your mouth. He is the new president of this country. Well, most people start to call him King now. And his son will be your new boss too. I will guide him starting tomorrow” Leeteuk pointed his hand to Kyuhyun who was showed up on TV.

 

Heechul grimaced with the idea “What?!! Are you kidding? What is that oldman thinking to make that brat to be our boss? Is it his way to make SM bankrupt faster? At least, wait after my contract expired!!!”

 

Leeteuk laughed with his comment “Relax, our CEO is still Kim Youngman for now. Cho Kyuhyun along with Lee Sungmin will only become mainboard executive members in SM but it doesn’t mean they can’t do anything in the company. So, please behave and don’t be a jerk around them” the producer gave his point. Heechul rolled his eyes “Whatever. Just give me more schedules and more salary, I won’t put my feet even a single cm to SM building if you want me to”

 

Leeteuk drank his coke then leaned to the sofa “By the way, speaking of Lee Sungmin, did he once become your personal assistant? Don’t you worry about him? I heard from Yuri that you two were quite...close”

 

Heechul snorted “Hah! What close we only know each other for two weeks and he was such a pain in the all the time. He has become hella prince of Korea, what should I worry about?”

 

Leeteuk shrugged “Do you remember my friend Kangin? He is Cho Kyuhyun personal assistant now. He said Cho Kyuhyun and Lee Sungmin will work as partner in future not only in SM company but more. Our president Cho has taken Lee Sungjong’s son, the leader of southern party, to be a part of royal family member in exchange for political power. Well, maybe it’s just my feeling but I think I smell something from this”

 

“Like I care!!” Heechul snatched the remote again and seemed not to pay any attention to Leeteuk’s words. However, Leeteuk knew Heechul was listening. If not, he wouldn’t remain sitting there with him.

 

“I heard a rumour that President Cho is planning to make his prince Cho Kyuhyun the youngest Prime Minister in Korea. Considering the kid is genius, I don’t see it’s impossible. But I am sure, Northern party won’t let it happen easily since the current prime minister Jo Sooman has his own strong candidate to replace him in future. In political deals, there will be always something or someone to sacrifice. If the rumour about Lee Sungmin to tail everything Cho Kyuhyun does as if he is his shadow, then who do you think would be his shield when he is in danger situation?”

 

Heechul was being silent for a moment and just staring blankly at Leeteuk “Hey say something!” The olderman asked his reaction. Heechul just pulled a face then shook his head “Your craziness about politic make me wonder why do you work in music industry, Teukie” he stood up then left his friend to the bathroom.

 

Leeteuk snorted with his comment “You’re really no fun!!”

 

“I am just no fun for your level!!” he said from bathroom. Heechul washed his face at the sink then watched his reflection on the mirror in front of him. He might have said he didn’t care anymore about Lee Sungmin, but Leeteuk’s words earlier was ringing in his mind.

 

 

“If the rumour about Lee Sungmin to tail everything Cho Kyuhyun does as if he is his shadow, then who do you think would be his shield when he is in danger situation”

 

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

Meanwhile, at Cho family house.

 

“How do you feel living with Cho family, Sungmin-ah? Qui Xian said you adjusted pretty well” Mr. Cho said to the young man during breakfast at dining room.

 

“Yes, Sir. I... I love living here” Sungmin stated with a smile. Kyuhyun nearly bursted of laughing and threw out the food in his mouth because of Sungmin’s lie. Sungmin glanced at him for a second sending a glare but nothing to turn off Kyuhyun’s silent giggle.

 

Honey,  you have to stop calling Kyuhyun with his chinese name” Mrs. Cho told her husband.

 

“Ah, right (kekekeke...)” The old man chuckled then he noticed a curiosity in Sungmin’s eyes “Qui... I mean we made Kyuhyun used his chinese name to avoid public attention. When he was discovered to be royal family’s decendant 10 years ago, it’s quite a havoc that I had to send him to China”

 

“And Sungmin-ah, don’t call me Sir. You have to call me father from now on” he added

 

“Yes, Sungmin-ah. You have to call me Mother too. You are a part of Cho family”

 

Sungmin nodded awkwardly “Ye...Yes, Father...Mother” he called them.

 

Mr. Cho finished his coffee then look up to Kyuhyun “Ah, Son! Today both of you have to go to your mother’s boutique for fitting your wedding clothes”

 

Kyuhyun held a breath for a second with the mentioning about wedding. “We—wedding?” Sungmin asked as he couldn’t believe what he just heard. “Father!” Kyuhyun called. However the other man didn’t care with his son reaction. He just smiled and acted as if it’s nothing a problem “Yes, wedding. For the both of you. You haven’t told him?” he asked boldly to Kyuhyun. Sungmin stared at him, blashed him in silent with what the heck is your father talking about.

 

Kyuhyun bit his own mouth inside. He assumed his grandfather had lost his patient and told his father to tell this to Sungmin instead of him. The atmosphere was becoming tensed in an instant, luckily Kyuhyun’s mother broke the silent with soft laughter “Fufufufu.... Don’t be scared like that, Sungmin-ah. It’s not like what you think. It’s just ceremonial thing, right Honey?”

 

“But...I and Kyuhyun are both men.... How in Korea—“

 

“Don’t worry, Sungmin-ah. Just like Inhyun said, it’s just ceremonial thing to bind both of you together as successor of Cho and Lee clan. Both of you can marry to whoever you want either it’s for real or not after that” Mr.Cho explained.

 

“Your Mother Mrs. Lee will tell you about the procedure afterward from Lee Clan side. So you don’t have to be confused” Kyuhyun’s mother patted his shoulder lightly.

 

“I—I need to go to bathroom” Sungmin stood up then bowed to Kyuhyun’s parent before he excused himself.

 

Kyuhyun slightly glared to his father for a second “Father, you shouldn’t have say that. I told you I was the one who would tell him about it”

 

Kyuhyun’s father expression changed and looked upset “Until when we have to wait, Qui Xian? I called you to comeback earlier from China not to extend anymore time. Head of clans have decided, the wedding will be held at the first night of fullmoon which means 5 days from now. I’d like you to tell that part to Sungmin by yourself now”

 

“Father..”

 

“That’s an order!! I am going to Blue House now” the old man wiped his mouth with a handkerchief then got off from the dining room. Kyuhyun’s mother let out a long sigh then stood up “Just do it well, Kyuhyun-ah” she said then took her leave too.

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

“That’s NOT part of our deal !!” Sungmin snapped and pointed a finger to Kyuhyun once they stepped in Cho’s private library.

 

“I can explain”

 

“After this hella royal kingdom preparation and prince coronation finished, you said you would let me go”

 

“Sungmin”

 

“So what did your father just say? WEDDING PLAN?”

 

“Listen to me”

 

“Does your family want to announce their ‘royal prince’ to hold public royal Gay Marriage to the whole nation?”

 

“THERE’S NO PUBLIC GAY MARRIAGE OR WHATEVER !!!” Kyuhyun raised his voice out loud to Sungmin. The shorter male got silent for a moment but just staring at the taller.

 

“It’s secret ceremonial, Sungmin. No one will know except both our family and the elders of Lee and Cho clan. What we will do just walk to the altar, bow to each other, then exchange liquor. That’s it!! After everything is put under control and my status as your guardian is set, you’re free to go anywhere or ....” Kyuhyun started to walk toward Sungmin. The latter got tensed and stepped back only to find himself leaned to the table behind him. While on the other side, Kyuhyun had stood in front of him and trapped the latter with both hands held the edge of the table between him “Or were you thinking it was a real marriage and we would spent our first night together?” Kyuhyun said in teasing way.

 

Instantly blushed with the close distance, Sungmin quickly pushed Kyuhyun’s shoulder and took a further distance to the taller male “That’s not gonna be happened. Do you think I want to repeat my past life with you? No, Cho Kyuhyun! I am not that dumb”

 

“So do I”

 

Sungmin scoffed with his statement “Do you? Hah, don’t make me laugh. If you think the same way, you could have opposed your parent from beginning”

 

“Are you that desperate to meet Kim Heechul?”

 

“That’s none of your business. You can meet your girlfriend all you want, why can’t I?”

 

“Our situation is different”

 

“What different?”

 

Kyuhyun laughed as his answer much for Sungmin’s displease “What’s so funny about?!”

 

Kyuhyun stepped closer to Sungmin “He loved someone else in the past. And I am sure he still does”

 

“He is ... He is my friend”

 

“Really?” Kyuhyun smirked.

 

Didn’t want to be pushed any further, Sungmin snapped at him “You know what? I am done with this ridiculous deal. I am quit!!!” said him then rushed to the exit but Kyuhyun grabbed his wrist to stop him “You can’t”

 

Sungmin tried to pull his hand but Kyuhyun’s hold was too strong “Why not?”

 

“You don’t have any other choice. You know who will be sacrificed if you run. While me? I don’t have anything to lose” Kyuhyun said sharply to him. There’s probably 20 cm distance between them. The moment of silent was quite deafening. Sungmin lost his words of the fact that yes, everything kyuhyun said may be true. However, he still had his pride to hold. He pulled his hand off from Kyuhyun harshly “Don’t ever think I can’t do what I want, Cho Kyuhyun. I have my own way. Even if I still stay here, it’s not because of your threat” he said before rushed out from library and slammed the door.

 

Kyuhyun was left alone at the room. He took a sit on the nearest chair and massaged his temple. At that time, his phone started ringing.

 

“Hello! Who is this?”

 

“This is me Sir. Kim Youngman. About that plan...”

 

“Ah, Yes. Have the dates been set yet?”

 

“Yes. M & D world tour concert dates have been set. They will go abroad soon”

 

Kyuhyun looked satisfied with the news “That’s a good. Thanks for your hardwork Mr.Kim”

 

“Don’t mind it. You’re welcome, Sir”

 

He hunged up the call, then put his phone on the table. He cupped his both hands and leaned his chin on them. He recalled again about his latest conversation with Sungmin about their deal.

 

“... you said you would let me go”

“After everything is put under control and my status as your guardian is set, you’re free to go anywhere...”

 

 

His eyes turned to be cold  “I am sorry, Sungmin. If only I didn’t remember everything, I might fulfill my promise. But I can’t...”

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

Sungmin sat on his bed. He thought about his conversation earlier with Kyuhyun and his parent before.

 

“it’s just ceremonial thing to bind both of you together as successor of Cho and Lee clan. Both of you can marry to whoever you want either it’s for real or not after that”

“Or were you thinking it was a real marriage and we would spent our first night together?”

“You can meet your girlfriend all you want, why can’t I”

“Our situation is different”

“You know who will be sacrificed if you run. While me? I don’t have anything to lose”

 

Sungmin scoffed remembering Kyuhyun’s words “Such a pompous jerk! Does he think just because I am from the family who has used to serve his, I can’t do anything I want? Like hell I am gonna be the second Queen Min and watch him will marry that concubine girl again!”

 

He turned his eyes toward a big luggage beside his drawer. He lifted it up and put it down on his bed. He meant to put in his clothes there to run away. He was confidence with his martial art skill to jump out from his window. He knew a certain place to hide and he was sure his family wouldn’t find out. Even if not only both Lee and Cho family but the whole nation would turn against him, he thought he would still be all right as long as there were Eunhyuk and Sunkyu beside him. If he apologized to Heechul about yesterday incident, he might forgive him too. Since that earthquake, he missed the taller male so much. Especially after he knew he remembered his past too.

 

He opened his empty luggage. Before he turned to open his drawer, his eyes catched something shined at the corner of the luggage. It was a locket he found in front of SM building when he was still working as Heechul’s PA back then. After the whole fiasco after meeting Kyuhyun, he almost forget his curiosity to take a peek inside the beautiful silver locket.

 

He opened the lid and found something that made him realized he just made a fool of himself for hoping something different than his past.

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

(Door bell’s ringing)

 

“Ugh, I have my car. You didn’t have to pick me, Jay” Heechul grouched.

 

While inserting their dorm’s key to it’s hole, Jay told him “Yuri is really mad you know?”

 

“Ckh.... being Leeteuk’s girlfriend has turned her become a grumpy ahjumma”

 

The older male chuckled “All manager is like that. Beside there’s someone who want to meet you inside” he said as the door opened and both of them stepped in.

 

Heechul smirked subsidedly “So that brat has decided to apologize to me? (scoff) Just watch, after pretending did not know me like that, I won’t make it easy to forgive him”

 

Jay frowned “Huh? Who’s you are talking about?”

 

“Hyung !!!” Donghae stood up and called him. Heechul lifted up his brows seeing his Dongseng looked like they just met after years apart “Oh Donghae, you look so disturbingly energetic today” he stated. He noticed there were other 3 person beside Donghae. Yuri and Jungmo stood up with an expression Heechul couldn’t address. He couldn’t see the other one who remained sitting on the sofa since he’s facing the person’s back. He thought he was Sungmin at first but his posture told him otherwise.

 

“Do we have a guest?” Heechul asked but the other four in the room remained silent. The person stood up and turned around to face Heechul. Heechul’s eyes bugged out in shock seeing the person who left him without a single word four years ago standing in front of him with the smile he missed every single night as much as how it hurt to remember again and again. His teeth was chattering. His eyes were throwing poison. Anger wasn’t something that could measure how he’s feeling that time.

 

“What...the heck are you doing here Hankyung?”

 

“I miss you” Hankyung said softly and it’s enough for Heechul to loss his remaining words.

 

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

“Hahahaha .... so stupid” Sungmin giggled by himself watching two picture attached inside the locket. He cursed himself why he let this happened to him. His eyes became glassy, not because he laughed for something’s funny. He’s feeling ashamed. If he didn’t come to that museum, he wouldn’t have to remember that painful memories. If he didn’t open that door and met that singer, he wouldn’t feel  more heartbreak like this.

 

Again, Kyuhyun’s words are ringing in his head.

 

“He loved someone else in the past. And I am sure he still does”

“You don’t have any other choice”

 

“Yes, maybe he is right. I don’t have any other choice but surrender” he said as a tear dropped on one of the picture inside the locket.

 

(knock...knock...knock...)

 

“Sir, this is me, Andrew. Youngmaster Cho is waiting you in the car”

 

Sungmin dropped the locket and wiped his eyes “Ye...Yes, I am coming” he answered then he took his coat and left his room.

 

The locket was left opened on Sungmin’s bed, exposing two old pictures of two person he knew. One of them was Heechul while the other one was someone who resembled a chinese warrior Sungmin saw in Queen Min’s memories. Hangeng...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC



Here guys 5430 words. I hope it's really worth the wait. I am sorry I just update after a month. I have so much homeworks. I meant to update last weekend but I got writer block again. You know a situation when you have so much ideas in your brain but you just can't to put them into words and end up just staring at your laptop for hours (I blamed cold weather for that). It's freaking cold here. very cold TT__TT. I am living in a tropical country yet it's freaking icy here ( you global warming!!). Ah I should stop now or it will turn out like I am making a lot of excuses for my lateness kkkkkk xD. Please forgive me for typos and grammatical errors ^^.

Happy Holiday and Merry Christmas for those who celebrate. No happy holiday for me because I have to go to my campus now (please someone help me TT__TT!!!).

I hope you like this chapter ^^. Forgive me for the angsty part. Don't worry I am preparing something fluffy for Sungmin after this. Please don't forget to give me comments Guys ^^ !!! 

[SPOLER] There will be a kiss scene for Sungmin soon. Can you guess who will kiss him? (bribe me xD so I may put it in the next chapter soon kkkkkkkkk)