Side Story 2 : Let The Sound Of Grass Whistle Lead Our Hearts

The Mute Queen
 
 
 
 

Four years before Heechul and Sungmin’s meeting

 

 

 

It was a monsoon in summer. A season where heavy rainy days came respectively. Puddles of mud everywhere, especially on the road which had a lot of holes. Finding a cart stucked on the mud had been a common case at this time.

 

“I am sorry, Madam. I think it will take a long time to pull this cart from the mud” The coachman brought the bad news.

 

The female passenger gave a look through the window and let out a sigh “All right. I will take a walk from here” she said with a delicate voice. As she got out from the cart, it’s revealed that she was not an ordinary female folk. Her gestures were something that a high class would have. But No. She wasn’t a noble either. A half of her face were covered by a colourful mini umbrella hat.

 

“Are you sure, Madam?”

 

The female smiled to the coachman. Her red lip became another charm to be able to draw a flushing cheeks on the male's. “My brother lives near here” she said while giving some coins to the coachman.

 

“Thanks, Madam”

 

She winked at him, then turned to walk away, did not forget to swing her hip right and left. Typical acts of a gisaeng. No wonder the coachman was still standing there, eyes froze to capture the gisaeng’s figure, didn't realize his mouth hanged open since the gisaeng smiled at him. Her walk was slow and quiet at first, but soon when the distance between them passed 10 meters, the gisaeng quickened her paces. The coachman frowned, wondering why she’s such in a hurry. But once he looked at the coins in his hand, he finally realized ...

 

His paid was not enough.

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

“Hahahahahahaha ....... (pant) (pant) (pant)”

 

After she got far enough, the beautiful gisaeng laughed out loud for her success of fooling the coachman. Her run was pretty quick even by wearing a heavy hanbok like that.

 

She stopped in front of a building. After calming her breath, she fixed her hat. Her eyes looked at the name plate which hanged on the front gate ‘Petal House’. It’s recalled so much old memories. She was used to become a gisaeng there 5 years ago.

 

“It’s just 5 years, but feels so long” she smiled in genuine.

 

She meant to knock the door, but a woman who’s bringing a basket of garbages just opened the door first. She didn’t aware there’s someone standing before her. So when she noticed the gisaeng, she let out a shriek and turned down the basket “Hhhhhhhh !!! Yah, !! Who did tell you to stand—” She couldn’t continue her words as gapped.

 

Not feeling angry for being called as a especially from someone who far younger than her, the gisaeng was smiling instead. A kid she knew since years ago had been grown to be a beauty “Hyoyeon, it’s been a long time”

 

“HYORI UNNIEE !!!!!” The younger female screamed then jumped to hug her in excitement.

 

“Hahaha.... Yes. It’s me. Hey, don’t choke me out, Little !” she replied jokingly. Hyoyeon let go of her hug and smiled widely “I miss you so much, Sis. Everyone here too. Why didn’t you let us to know first? At least send us a letter” she said while pulling Hyori’s hand to get inside.

 

“Kids!!!! Look who’s just coming” Hyoyeon informed all the gisaengs who gathered in front of the house for dance practice. All of them came to approach the two gisaeng, some were new gisaeng whom Hyori didn’t meet before.

 

“You’re so pretty, Unnie. I can’t believe you’re thirty now” Soyeon said admiring her beauty. The rest of Gisaengs did agree too. They wanted to ask a lot of question like what her beauty secrets or where she worked at. Looking from her outfit, some of them guessed she ought to work at Hanyang city. Only beautiful and highly paid gisaeng lived there.

 

(Bang!!!)

 

“Yah !!! You dumb kids, I told you not to be noisy. I NEED MY BEAUTY SLEEP !!!!” Everyone got startled by the person who opened one of the front window harshly and shouted out loud with a very manly voice – although the person was wearing a woman hanbok.

 

“Heenim!! Look who’s just coming” While the other gisaengs (especially the newbies) got scared of their master. Hyoyeon was the first one who replied his rage normally as if she had been used to it.

 

“WHO?”

 

“It’s me, !!!” Hyori answered with a shout too, making most of the gisaeng except Hyoyeon were shocked, because her way of cursing really did not fit her beautiful image.

 

“Who the are you??!!”

 

“I am your Big Sis!! Smartass!! Is it your way to greet your soul sister after 5 years? Do you want me to stab my umbrella’s stick to your brain down there so you could remember me???”

 

“I never have a sister who curses as hell as you!!! My sister’s name is  Hyori and she would send me letter if she wanna come!!!”

 

Hyori pointed a finger on him and continued to shout “That’s my ing name, HALF-WIT!!! I didn’t send you letter because if I did you would DEFINITELY run and didn't want to meet ME, Crazy BRAT!!!!” Hyori shouted with all her might.  Hyoyeon patted her shoulder to make her calmed because her voice was starting to become hoarse. The other gisaengs just looked to each other, finally understood that cursing habit was run in their master family.

 

The said master just rolled his eyes then replied “Whatever” before he closed the window harshly again.

 

“Just ignore him, Sis. Soyeon, can you bring Hyori Unnie some water and fruits?” Hyoyeon asked one of her junior gisaeng. Soyeon nodded and retreated to go to their kitchen. Hyoyeon guided Hyori to sit on a long bench. Another two gisaengs stood on either side of her for fanning her.

 

Knowing for sure what those gisaengs wanted from her, Hyori let out a long sigh “All right...all right. One person one question, Okay? No more”. All the gisaengs squealed in awe. For those who met Hyori before, the latter always brought interesting stories from other sides of Jonseong, royal family’s rumors, or some tricks to seduce a noble guy.

 

(Bang!!!!)

 

“Don’t you DARE to talk about me !!!!” Heechul showed up again from the window making everyone startled for the second time.

 

“What are you and what do you do that worth my pennies, you LITTLE FLAT ?!! I won’t talk about you!!” Hyori replied.

 

Heechul scoffed then closed the window again (Bang!!!!)

 

“Unless someone ask me to” Hyori smirked playfully. The others gisaeng just giggled with her remarks.“Hm? Who’s that handsome boy?” Her eyes caught someone walking out from a storehouse on the left side of Gisaeng’s house and just going straight toward the front gate. The guy was bringing a fishing pole and a bucket while whistling a random song.

 

“Donghae, where are you going?” Hyoyeon shouted at the guy. Donghae stopped and turned to their direction “Ah, I will go fishing Oink!! (keke...)” he grinned. As he saw Hyori, his brows frowned “Ung? A new lady?”.

 

“Yes, Heenim’s sister” Hyoyeon replied. Hyori made a pose, pursued her lip a bit, and winked at him. Donghae didn’t give the reaction she wished. He just smiled and bowed “Nice to meet you, Nuna” then walked away.

 

Hyori gapped, didn’t believe what she just saw “Does he dislike girl? What an earth does he come from?”

 

Hyoyeon shrugged “A friend with no family. He saved Heenim when he’s chased by some jerks because of gambling. Well eventhough in the end Heenim is the one who saved his . Since that day, he claimed Heenim as his forever hyung. He's an air head but muscle brain. That's why Heenim likes him”

 

Hyori sighed “Too bad. He would earn much money if he used that handsome face wisely. Okay, let’s continue what we started before. Who’s first?”. They all came up with ‘Me!’‘Me!’‘Me!’. Hyori smiled and shook her head watching their excitement. Her eyes moved to a certain girl ”You. What’s your name, Sweetie?”. The said girl blushed with smile “Jiyeon. I am new here”.

 

“Okay, Jiyeon. What’s your question?”

 

“I— I wonder if Heenim liked a girl before”

 

Hyoyeon quickly nudged her elbow “Yah! Have some respects to your master!! Although I am as curious as you, we can’t ask such a question. Un....Unless.... ” Hyoyeon paused then looked at Hyori along with a hopefull grin “Unless Hyori Unnie is willing to tell us”

 

“Of course he did. He’s still a man after all” Hyori smiled. Everyone snuggled closer to their senior, even some of them chose to squat on the ground in front of her. “Shhhhh.... Please be quiet, how if Heenim hears?” Hyoyeon whispered to her fellow gisaengs. Then they started to rain Hyori with questions about their master with a loud whisper.

 

“Really, Sis? But all he did is flirting with man only” Hyoyeon asked

 

“Yeah, do you know a chinese man who came here last night? I heard Heenim has been locking his eyes on him ” another gisaeng revealed

 

“Yes. Yes. Yes. I know him. He visited Heenim a couple times. He is so handsome. Honey skin”

 

Hyori chuckled “I have an interesting story when he’s 10 years old”

 

“Tell us. Tell us!!”

 

“Well. From where should I start? Um..He met that girl when he’s been sulking on his sisters gisaeng for months because he just realized he’s a boy.... Oops” Hyori quickly shutted . She thought she was saying too much. Being a blabbermouth was also run in her family. But too late, hungry eyes of curiousity had been surrounding her.

 

“Huh? How come a 10 years old kid didn’t know he’s a boy? It’s impossible”

 

“Yah, Hyori Unnie never lied!! But Sis, how come Heenim didn’t know? Was he an idiot when he’s a kid? But how come he turned to be a smart meanie cunning master as he is now?”

 

“Maybe there’s an accident that hit his head back then”

 

“Yes. Yes. That’s possible too”

 

Hyori shook her head and chuckled again “Well, there’s always be a reason. But I can’t reveal it all here. Because truth sometimes only make a story to be less interesting...”

 

 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Flashback
***********

 

“Heechul, where are you going?!!”

 

“I want to castrate myself. Who’d care? You? Don’t make me laugh” (Bang!!!!). The ten years old boy slammed the door and rushed out from his house. The young woman who watched his back got further only sighed.

 

“Don’t worry Hyori. He won’t go far” Another young woman who looked like in the same age as the former patted her shoulder.

 

“Tell me he is joking. How if he is serious that he want to be an eunuch, Miryo? (sigh) This is my fault. I thought by time he would know by himself so it’s not important to tell him and if our Mom didn’t change him, he w—”

 

“We are all to blame Hyori. Not just you. All gisaengs here also like to prettify him because he’s too pretty as a boy. As for our Mom. She did that to protect him. Well, we could say she’s a bit paranoid about that. It’s because she loved our Heechul too much. We love him too”

.

.

.

.

 

After running from his house, the kid whose named Heechul was sitting below a ginko tree. Doing nothing but throwing some small pebbles randomly. His sister gisaengs were right. He’s too pretty as a boy. His black hair braided down neatly on to his back. His big eyes, a pointy nose and a natural pinkish lip decently decorated his milky white skin. Not to mention his dimple that would show up whenever he smiled widely although it was rarely could be seen since he prefered smirking than smiling.

 

That day was also at a summer monsoon. Because of a heavy rainfall yesterday, muddy roads were everywhere. On the road not far beside him, there was a cart that stucked in a big hole. Some people worked together to push it out. It was the 3th cart already that stucked in the same hole. It took mostly an hour to take them out. The hole was filled with mud so no one was aware.

 

“I am sorry, Heechul. For hiding you”
“It’s for your own good”

 

 

The words from his late mother was still ringing in his head. He wanted to hate his mother but what’s the use for hating a death person. Beside of her weird personality, that old woman was still his mother. This time he felt like the most idiot person in this world.

 

Since he was born, his mother treated him as a girl. He called all his sisters (gisaengs) with “Unnie” not “Nuna”. Living in a house with full of women in 10 years of his life, of course everything there was girl stuff. At daylight they spent all time to beautify or dress themselves while at night they worked as gisaeng. For the little Heechul, his world was Petal House. His mother was so protective that she forbade him to play outside. He could sneak out of the house secretly if he wanted but kids out there (who thought of him as a girl too) mostly were boring. He still prefered to play with his sisters instead. No one reminded him that he was a boy. Not until his long family relative from Gwangjoo, Mr. Jung with his son Yunho came to visit his sick mother  and brought him some boy clothes.

 

“Now what should I do for life? I can’t be a gisaeng since I am a boy and I HATE physical work” he mumbled to himself. Then something popped up in his mind “Ah!!! I think I can be a foreteller. I know a lot of Gyeong people secrets from Unnies kekeke... I will sell them to those ert men’s wives Hahahahaha....”. He turned to search something in his bag. They were a paper and tint box. He started to write “PROVIDE FORETELLING SERVICE”

 

(splash....splash...splash...)

 

His attention was moved by a sound of someone running through the muddy road. A girl with a decent clothes. Probably younger than him. Heechul wanted to ignore her at first, but she run forward to that big muddy hole.

 

“Hey !!Hey !! There’s a big hole there” He tried to warn her. But the latter seemed to not hear him. So he run toward the girl, pulled her hand to avoid the muddy hole. But too bad, he was the one who got plunged in there and landed with his first.

 

“Ugh!!! Damn it!!” he cursed then stood up. The girl only looked at him for a moment then left him. Heechul watched her figure with mouth hanged open “YAH !!! Are you mute? At least say Thank You !!!” he screamed.

 

“This is why I hate helping people” he grumbled then tried to kick a stone in front of him to express his rage. That’s when he found a small paper. Got curious, he took it.

 

 

To: Pumpkin

I am sorry I think we have to stop as pen pal.

 

 

Heechul sighed and shook his head “Aiguuu, did she just get a rejection letter? Kid these days, they become an adult too fast. So that’s why her eyes looked glassy back then. Ckh... I have to wash my pants now” he said while heading toward a small creek not so far from there to wash his cloth.

 

After he finished to wash his pants and let it dried by itself with the sunrays, Heechul cameback to the former ginko tree and sat there. He continued to do what he did before.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Doing business I could since I am a boy......... Ung??“ Heechul stunned because he was sure the one who just asked him wasn’t his own mind. As he turned to his left side, he let out a loud shriek, getting shocked by the former little girl sitting beside him “HOLY !!!! Since when do you start sitting there?”

 

“You’re a boy? I thought you’re a girl with boy cloth. You’re so pretty”

 

Happy to hear someone complimented him, his self-conceited side showed up high as he raised his chin and fixed some of his hair behind his ear “Do you think so? Hohoho.... Well, it’s because I and pretty always go together. y will soon come to join me when I am sixteen. Do you comeback here because you want to thank me? I don't eat thank but rice though”

 

“No. I don’t say 'Thank you' with a stranger. Do you want to be praised  so much?” she answered boldly.

 

“Ugh (this little wench), so why are you here?!!” Heechul asked back curtly.

 

Not affected by Heechul’s tone, the foxy eyes girl focused on the paper “What are you writing? Foretelling service?”

 

“My new job. Since I can’t do the job I wanted, this is the only choice”

 

"What job?"

 

“Stop asking!! It’s so tiring. My voice is precious”

 

“But you’re the one whose voice is louder than me” the girl slightly curled her lip.

 

Heechul scoffed “By the way, do you want to get foretold? It’s cheap. Only one silver coin”

 

“I don’t believe such thing. Foretellers are all liars. Dongie orabuni told me”

 

Heechul scoffed again and folded his arms “I am not a liar. I am just briliant. Are you scared if I can see through you?”

 

“I don’t fear anything!!” stated the girl while puffing her cheeks.

 

“Then let me read you. Since I don’t have a box and rice, give me your hand!”

 

Heechul observed her hand. It’s soft as it never be used for heavy works “Hmm you’re damn rich”

 

“Everyone can see that. My father is famous if you know”

 

Heechul clicked his tongue, ‘what a haughty chick’ he thought. “You will get married in future”

 

“I will marry Jonseong Prince one day”

 

“Hah... Don’t day dreaming. All delusional girls want to marry prince. You must be read dime tales too much”

 

“No. It’s true. He is so handsome” her cheeks were slightly flushed red.

 

Heechul rolled his eyes. He looked at the girl face ‘Handsome....hmmm....’. Suddenly he remembered a chit chat about this kind of topic between his sister gisaengs.

 

‘You know what? The daughter of master Han. She’s dumped by her fiance”

“Omo? Why?”

“He had an affair. Much prettier and flirty than her”

 

 

Thus, Heechul smirked “You will have a love rival”. Her tensed expression had approved that he was right “She’s prettier than you”

 

“NO !!! She’s ugly. You’re lying” She shouted. Heechul could see her hands were shaking “She’s poor. Dreaming the sky would fall for her!!”. It’s the first time Heechul saw her real emotion “So what are you? How do you catch that sky?” the words just coming out from his mouth. He didn’t understand why. Watching her arrogance really irked him.

 

“You’re not a foreteller. A liar. You’re just guessing”

 

Heechul felt taken a back. He thought he had to teach this girl some lesson. Suddenly something flashed in his mind. The letter. He remembered it “You’re lonely. Your prince doesn’t love you and your pen pal rejects you”

 

The atmosphere became silent for a moment. The foxy eyes girl only looked at him without words. Heechul slightly worried as he saw faint glasses accumulated in her eyes. ‘Am I going too far?’ he thought. But soon her next act was unexpected. He didn’t see she would have scratched his face with her nails in a split second.

 

Heechul’s eyes bugged out as he addressed the pain “Gyaaaah!!!!” He screamed then grabbed a mirror from his bag “MY BEAUTIFUL GORGEOUS FACE !!!!”. He touched three red lines which crossed over his nose with a shaking hand. “What the  hell have you done Grumpy Cat !!!” he shouted out loud to the girl.

 

(hiks...hiks...hiks...)

 

The girl started hiccupping. She bit her lower lip and quickly closed with her palm. But the hiccups didn’t stop. Her eyesight was starting to blur as some waters just gathering in her eyes.

 

“I am the one who’s in pain, why the heck you’re the one who’s crying??”

 

“Ayemnoujcrayyinnnn” (I am not crying!!)

 

“Don’t lie I can see it. You’re hiccupping now”

 

She moved another hand to cup “Nno. Ayydncrayyinphronefshrenjo”(No. I don’t cry in front of stranger)

 

Ugh. why am I feeling guilty when I am the one is the victim?’ Heechul thought. The boy let out a sigh then took out something from his pocket “Yah, stop crying. Yes, I am not a real foreteller. I was lying, I was lying. I know about your pen pal because I found your letter. Here...” he offered the letter.

 

He could see the girl was trying hard to hold her tears. He didn’t know for what reason. Her high pride? Girls supposed to cry openly when they were sad. It's another benefit of being a woman that Heechul envied.

 

Heechul sighed again. His rage had boiled away into the air. He hated to see a girl crying so he turned around, his back was facing the girl “I don’t see anything. I don’t hear anything” he sang his words then closed both his ears with his hands. The girl looked at his back then put down her hands. That’s when her tears were starting to fall.

 

That scene was going on only God knew how long. Eventhough he closed his ears. Heechul still could hear her sobs.

 

“I saw they're holding hands hiks...

 

“Huh?” Heechul reflectly turned around for a second then quickly turned back again “Oh I am sorry. I don’t see anything”

 

The girl were sitting with folded legs. She rested her chin on top of them. The faint sobs were still can be heard but she looked calmer than before “It’s okay. You can turn around”

 

“Who are they?” Heechul asked softly.

 

“Prince with that ugly girl”

 

“There’s a lot of prince in Jonseong”

 

“I only want him. He's a crown prince”

 

“Your standard is too high”

 

“You don’t know anything!” The girl stared at him.

 

“Miryo unnie said man liked challenge. Don’t give your full heart unless you want to be hurt

 

Unnie? You suppose to call your sister with Nuna

 

“You don’t know anything too !!! Hmph...!!! By the way.... what’s your name?”

 

“You can call me Pumpkin”

 

Heechul rolled his eyes “Oh.. tell me it’s a nickname. Only insane people name their daughter with vegetable name in Jonseong. Unless they want their daughter never get married forever”

 

“My father said Don’t give your name to any random people. They could use your name for their own need

 

“Ugh, whatever. Pumpkin. My name is ...”

 

“You’re Red Chili”

 

“Hey!! I don’t want to play with you. I have my own name. It’s –“ He stopped his words as he saw the girl’s lip pouted and looked like going to cry again.

 

Heechul turned his eyes to his right and mumbled something “Ugh... this is why I hate cute things!!“

 

“All right ... All right. You can call me red chili or whatever. Who’s your penpal nickname anyway?”

 

“Green Pepper”

 

“That . It’s his lost for rejecting Pumpkin as his penpal (and for making me to meet  such a bothersome vegetable)”

 

Eheung..!!!” the pumpkin girl quickly closed with her hand to hold her laughter. Heechul smiled and felt relieved that the atmosphere between them finally lighten up. Heechul glanced at the grasses beside him then thought of an idea.

 

“I have something to show you” he said while pulling out a blade of grass.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

Heechul smiled widely “Making a whistle”. He held one end of the blade of grass between the tips of his thumbs. Then, with his thumbs slightly bent, he pressed the bases of both thumbs together, catching the other end of the grass between them. Next step, he straightened his thumbs out carefully to pull the blade of grass taut. He  pursed his lips slightly, put them right up against his thumbs and blew so that the air went between the thumbs and over the blade of grass. Fweeeeeeeeeeeeet !!!!

The pumpkin girl widened her eyes in amazement. She never knew a small blade of grass could make a soothing sound like that “That sound is beautiful”

 

“Only me who know the trick to make a sound like that.Want me to teach you? I can choose the best grass”

 

The pumpkin girl nodded “Yes, teach me !!”

 

They closed their distance and started to make a grass whistle. It needed sometimes for the pumpkin girl to learn but with Heechul’s help, soon the air was filled with ‘Fweet’ sounds and laughter between two kids. They played with full of joys that they forgot the time was close to pass the daylight. After they felt tired enough, they leaned their back to the ginko tree and stared up into the sky.

 

“Chili, I am curious. What kind of business you can’t do just because you’re a boy?”

 

“Ummm... something only woman can do”

 

“Is there a rule that forbide a boy to do that?”

 

“Nope”

 

“Then you can do it”

 

Heechul lifted his eye brows and glanced to the girl “You’re right, Pumpkin. Why didn’t I think about that? You’re so smart!!”

 

She raised her chin which made Heechul regreted his compliment “Of course I AM”

 

Agashi .... !!!”

 

“Hm? Who’s that?” Heechul commented as he saw a middle age woman was standing around 50 meters from them and waving a hand.

 

“Ah it’s my family’s servant”

 

Heechul scoffed “So you’re really a rich girl, huh?”

 

“Your mother calls you!! It’s time to go” The servant called again.

 

The pumpkin girl stood up “Okay!!”

 

“Ah Pumpkin! Wait. I have something for you” Heechul took a small box from his back and gave it to her.

 

“What is this?”

 

“It’s an itching powder. Pour it to that ugly girl’s clothes” Heechul smirked.

 

The pumpkin girl looked in an awe staring at the box. Only herself who knew what plan she would scheme to use that thing. “Where’s my Thank you?”. She looked up to Heechul but before she could answer, Heechul spoke “Okay. Okay. I know it. Your Thank You is so expensi—“

 

“Thank you, Chili” Heechul stunned in silent for a second. The pumpkin girl smiled “Bye Chili. We had a good time”

 

“Yeah. I hope we never meet again”

 

“...”

 

“I am kidding. I am kidding. Don’t look at me like that” he chuckled lightly. As he watched the pumpkin girl approached her servant, Heechul gathered his stuffs and put them back to his bag.

 

“CHILI !!!!!” Heechul turned around and found out the pumpkin girl hadn’t left yet.

 

“What?!!”

 

The pumpkin girl circled her hands around to make her voice louder “If I get rejected by Crown Prince, You have to marry me!!!!”

 

Heechul laughed then did the same thing “Why should I marry you?!!!”

 

“Because Pumpkin ask you!!”

 

“Aren’t you selfish?!!!”

 

“Hurry Answer Me !!! I don’t have enough time!!”

 

“I got it. I got it. Yes, only if that Prince reject you!!”

 

They were waving a hand to each other for a moment then the pumpkin girl left with her servant. Heechul sighed and looked at the sky. The sunset had been seen. “I guess we had been playing too long. Now those crazy sisters surely will throw a fit on me for coming home late”

 

.

.

.

.

 

“Yah !! Brat, Where you had been going?!!” Hyori patted his head hardly once he reached the front gate.

 

“Awwww... It’s hurt. Hyori !!!”

 

Miryo stood in front of him and folded her arms “You never coming home this late before. We nearly looked after you that we decided to not open the house tonight!!”

 

“So what’s now Brat? Let me check your little brother. I thought you wanted to castrate yourself” Hyori said in sarcastic tone.

 

Heechul smirked then walked passed them (while swaying his hips right and left) “No. I am saving my just in case if that pumpkin chick come and want to marry me. I don't want to get embarrassed”

 

Miryo and Hyori looked at each other with brows furrowed “Are you thinking what I am thinking?” Hyori asked.

 

Miryo shrugged “Let’s ask him?”. Both Gisaengs decided to catch up the one and the only brother they had whom already disappeared from the door.

 

“Yah!! Asshead!! Did you finally meet a girl who’s prettier than you?”

 

“What? No!! I admit she is cute but I AM CUTER”

 

“Tell me how did you met her!!”

 

“I won’t tell you. I am not a blabbermouth like you”

 

“Come On!! Tell us”

 

“No”

 

“Is she rich?”

 

“Maybe. She’s a spoiled kid. She also scratched my face with her claws. Look! Bla...bla...bla...”

 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
End of Flashback
**************

 

 

“Well.... In the end he told every details of his story to me without he realized” Hyori ended her story. All Petal gisaengs were squealing how sweet yet cute their master past story was (except the part of how he decide to become a gisaeng).

 

“Did he ever meet that pumpkin girl again?” Jiyeon asked

 

The senior gisaeng sighed “No. They never meet again until now”. The rest of petal gisaengs looked disappointed. “I wonder if they remember their promise” another gisaeng added.

 

“Fufufu.... who knows” Hyori chuckled. She looked up to the cloudy sky. There’s three clouds with different unique forms. They were like a pepper, a pumpkin, and a chili standing together “I do believe in destiny. If two persons are destined to meet. They meet...”

 

 

 

 

Four years later, the red chili boy found an unconscious pumpkin girl at the place he used to play a gayageum. But what a pity, neither one of them remembered each other.

 

“Agashi, are you all right? Are you hurt anywhere?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



A.N : I am sorry guys TT__TT. I supposed to make double updates but I have been having a cold since 3 days ago. I hope you enjoy the second side story ^^ while patiently waiting for the next chapter. I hope you like the new poster too (^0^).  I wanted to cut Hyori's part to make the side story wasn't too long but her role will not be just a cameo here. Meaning she will show up again in future chapter. The story how Heechul and Sungmin first met when they're kids is once mentioned in chapter 17. Sign. When the little Minnie told Madam Sohee that there's a pretty boy she would force to marry her if Kyuhyun rejected her.

About chapter 36, I will start to complete the chapter once my health get better ^^. A lot of my friends fell sick too because of cold weather. I hope you won't fall sick and please take care of your health, Guys ^^.

I am looking for a beta, since I am aware there are a lot of grammar mistake (I think I need to read Cliffs book again to fix my grammar. I once submit a request to a beta shop since August but they just repassed the works now and said they were so busy with their school and there are too many mistakes fo fix in The Mute Queen hahahaha xD. I promise I will fix my english. It's just need sometimes kekekekeke... ^^

There will be scenes in future chapters (I mean for Jonseong story ^^). Kyumin and Heemin ^^. I wanted to make Seokyu too but I know neither of you want to read Seokyu scene so don't worry. I won't make it. I also think of making Hanchul too (But I am still considering it. It depends on the story plot ^^).

Please don't forget to give me comments and tell me what you think ^^ !!