Another Earthquake

The Mute Queen

“His name is Sungmin?”

 
Qui Xian asked Heechul with an expression as he knew the said man was. Heechul just blew his gum candy into a balloon then burst it out in front of Qui Xian’s face. Heechul stared at him for a moment “Hmmmm, just 1 cm taller” he commented after measuring their height. Being chafed like that, he’s ready to throw a harsh comment to Heechul but Seohyun interrupted him “Heechul Oppa!!! It’s been a while”
 
 
Heechul glanced to the female “Oh Seohyun-ah, your boyfriend?” he looked at the another male for a second then glanced back to her. Seohyun blushed with the comment “About that it’s…..”
 
 
“I ask you if his name is Sungmin. Lee Sungmin” Qui Xian emphasized the name part. Heechul eyed him, put out his gum with his fingers then passed it to the trash bin. He didn’t forget to rub that certain fingers to the other male’s shirt much to make him annoyed more. “So what if his name is Lee Sungmin? It’s a common name though”
 
 
“What is he doing here?” he asked rather more seriously.
 
 
“Qui Xian, do you know him?” Seohyun grabbed his arm.
 
 
“I told you he’s my PA. Don’t say you wanna sue him just because he catched you making paper crane with your tongue here”
 
 
Seohyun rushed to Heechul and whispered “Oppa, watch your mouth. He’s President Cho Younghwan’s son”
 
 
Heechul being as his usual himself, he wouldn’t be thrilled with a comment like that. He scoffed “Aaaaah, so since this building is yours. You can do anything you want here huh?” He smiled to the other male then bowed down “For the sake of my PA, my apologies about his behavior”
 
 
“I ask you what is he doing here? Why he becomes your PA”
 
 
Heechul took a step forward Qui Xian. Their eyes met “That’s none of your concern”
 
 
Qui Xian smirked to him “How if it is?”
 
 
“Please stop it you two!!”
 
 
 
 
 
____________________________~*SJ*~_____________________________
 
 
 
 
 
Sungmin rushed back to his dorm. There were only a few people there because most of them went back home for holiday. He locked his room then sat on the cold floor, leaned his back to the bed for support. He pulled his feet together to his chest and wrapped them with his arms which became wet of cold sweat since he got out from SM building. He buried his face between them.  His shoulder moved up and down because of choking eventhough no tears came. He had no idea why he reacted exaggeratedly like this. His body betrayed him as like it remembered the past pain it got from what sungmin thought it’s crazy if the theory was true.
 
 
(ring)   (ring)   (ring)
 
 
His phone rang. He put it out from his pocket and meant to take out the battery but he stopped when he saw the caller ID. He pressed the answer botton. “Sungmin-ah…. Sungmin-ah…. Try to catch Oppa ! Chu...!!” Someone’s singing in the line.
 
 
At the time like this, he should laugh with the silly song like that but instead his lip got curled. Tears finally came flooding from his eyes “……Hyukkiiieeeeee”
 
 
“What's that? Are you crying? Who did that? Heechul???!!! That bastard I will…”
 
 
“….”
 
 
“Hyung?”
 
 
“….”
 
 
“Hyung, breath!!!!”. Eunhyuk shouted with worries since there’s no answer from Sungmin. He finally sighed in relieve when he heard choking sounds from the older male “hyung what happen?”.
 
 
“He’s… here”
 
 
“He?”
 
 
“Someone in my dream. I told you”
 
 
“Who? Me?”
 
 
“Eunhyuk!!” Sungmin whined.
 
 
“I am serious hyung. Who’s he?”
 
 
“King Cho. I… met… him” he said between chokes.
 
 
“Where?”
 
 
“SM company”
 
 
“Did he hurt you?”
 
 
“No. he doesn’t know me”
 
 
“So what’s the matter? It isn’t like he remembers his past nor he has something in common with you. Just don’t involve yourself with him hyung. You are you now. Your past life is only remained as past. Nothing to do with your future”. Hearing such a wise word from the younger made Sungmin became calmer than before (eventhough he’s still choking). He looked at the news paper on his bed. He sighed. It’s the time for him to tell the truth. “Hyuk, do you read newspaper these days?”
 
 
“Not much. They’re all about Ministry of Culture Cho Younghwan is nominated as a candidate in Korea’s president election and his son who’s returned from China”
 
 
“It’s Cho”
 
 
“What do you mean, hyung?”
 
 
So Sungmin told Eunhyuk all about how his family became ‘Shadow’ of Cho. He felt the big burden in his chest a bit lighter as finally found a courage to share his deep secret with Eunhyuk. “God, I can’t believe this. Yes I heard a lot of rumours that royal family will spread their wings again but in a modern days like this they still believe such a myth?”. Sungmin shrugged “There are a lot of things that can’t be explained with blind science, Hyuk. Even we can’t explain how feng shui can control human life”.
 
 
“But as you mention earlier, Cho’s heir is a guy, right? It’s not like you will marry him though. It also doesn’t mean the man who looked like King Cho happens to be the Cho’s heir you will---“
 
 
“It’s him, Hyuk. It’s him. I know it” he cut Eunhyuk’s words. “The problem is I remember. I remember Queen Min’s pain. I think it will be very difficult to be stand with him especially…” Sungmin stopped. He didn’t want to say that he couldn’t stand seeing that Cho’s guy with that woman.
 
 
“Hyung, when you see him. Do you like him? I mean in a ‘romantic’ way”
 
 
“I think… I think I like s more” 
 
 
He heard Eunhyuk chuckled “Good then. So just because in your past you can’t get in his pants, you can’t swing that way just to get a revenge on him, right?”
 
 
Sungmin huffed “My brain isn’t filled with s like you are”
 
 
“I will find a way”
 
 
“Huh?”
 
 
“I will find a way Hyung. So when the time comes, just bear it for a while”
 
 
“Hyukie, what do you mean?”
 
 
“To break the deal” Eunhyuk said with determination.
 
 
Sungmin chuckled “Your history score even lower than me”
 
 
“I will protect you”
 
 
Sungmin went silent for a moment. Eunhyuk was rarely becoming serious mode like this. His words sound full of determination in them. He’s flustered as a tear of hope flew down from his eyes. Eventhough it’s difficult to break the ancient deal between two family. He wanted to believe Eunhyuk’s words.
 
 
He smiled “Thanks Hyuk”
 
 
“ So how’s going? Is becoming Heechul’s PA hard for you?” he tried to move to another topic. Sungmin shrugged “It’s good. Many people offered helps. I even have times to take care my nails”
 
 
“You threat them?”
 
 
“Threatening people isn’t only my speciality, Hyukkieee”
 
 
“Hahaha…. All right. No need to explain”
 
 
“Need me to come over? I will be a great pillow”
 
 
Sungmin huffed again “My neck will definitely be in pain if I get only bones coated skin without meat like you as my pillow. Where are you now?”
 
 
“Jeju”
 
 
Sungmin whined “How do you make it to come right here tonight you idiot!!”
 
 
Eunhyuk laughed “I will find a way. It’s just Jeju hyung”. There is a moment of silent between them. Sungmin had to agree that this was the best moment in his life.
 
 
“Feel better, Hyung?”
 
 
Sungmin nodded “Ung..”
 
 
“I promise when I come back I will bring you to play ice skating again. My treat”
 
 
“You must hold that promise then”
 
 
Eunhyuk chuckled “Of course (kekeke). You better to sleep now Hyung. Get a good rest. Okay?”. Sungmin gave a sigh with a content smile then said a goodbye to his 4 months younger friend. When he started to stand up, his foot stepped on a silver locket. He took it and stared on it for a while. 
 
 
He remembered he picked up the locket in front of SM building. He meant to open the lid of that silver locket before a sound of rock hit his window. He ignored it once and decided to go sleep instead but another rock hit his window again. He got upset and ready to yell at the person who dare to mess up with Lee Sungmin. 
 
 
He opened the curtain a bit and took a peek. He’s startled with widening eyes as he knew the person who stood in front of his dorm. Eyes looked up to the second floor where Sungmin was, hand posed to throw another rock toward his bedroom window. Sungmin opened his window and shouted toward the person “What are you doing there? Do you want to break my window?”. His dorm mate knocked the wall to warn Sungmin to not be noisy. So, he picked his phone then called the said person “I will sue you for sure. How do you know where my window’s bedroom was” he said. The person smirked “because I never see any guy as crazy as having a pink curtain like you are. Don’t give me that face, rotten pumpkin. I come here to fulfill your wish” he said on the phone.
 
 
“Wish?” He decided that word was more important than scolding his temporary boss Heechul for insulting his curtain.
 
 
“Ice skating. You babo. I can’t sleep tonight so I decide to play around. Just get ready, I hate waiting”
 
 
 
 
 
 
____________________________~*SJ*~_____________________________
 
 
 
 
He’s just came out of the bathroom after taking a hot shower. Body’s only wrapped by a white towel from his waist until his knee. He took another towel from clothes hanger to dry his hair.  He looked tired. Having a quarrel again with his father really needed much energy to deal with. But this time he also had to deal with his grandfather.
 
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Flashback
*********
 
“Just let me decide my own future, Grandpa”
 
 
“This is for your best, Kyuhyun”
 
 
“What it has to do with Lee’s family and winning election? What I have to do with it? It’s ridiculous. Non sense”
 
 
“Qui Xian!!!” His father shouted with his Chinese name.
 
 
“Younghwan, calm down” His grandfather finally spoke “Kyuhyun, you already know that we need Lee’s power to return the grace of Cho’s line in this land again. This is the only way. I understand if you feel being forced by ….”
 
 
“I don’t feel being forced at all, Grandpa. I just can’t agree with this ‘shadow’ thing because I am sure it will end up the same way again like King Cho did someday”
 
 
“What do you mean?”
 
 
He took a long breath and sighed “Let me do this with my own way”
 
 
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
End of Flashback
**************
 
He laid himself on his broad bed. He remembered his meeting with Seohyun and this certain guy on the rooftop of SM building. He knew it’s her. But the fact that she’s born as a man surprised him.
 
He chuckled “Your plan is even more ridiculous than I thought, Grandpa”
 
He started to close his eyes but suddenly he felt another presence in his room. He jerked up from the bed and looked at the mirror. He saw a figure that stood behind him but when he turned around there’s no one stood there.
 
He turned back and gritted his teeth “You again old man. What do you want?”
 
The old man in the mirror spoke with a low voice which echoed through the room “You know what I mean”
 
His upset expression soon turned out to be a smirk “How if I won’t? I think I change my mind…”
 
 
 
 
____________________________~*SJ*~_____________________________
 
 
 
 
 
Ahjushi1, please let us come in!!” Sungmin whined to the security in front of ice skating arena building. 
 
The man kept shaking his head “No, Sir. This already passed closing hour”
 
“Just 30 minutes!!”
 
“No”
 
While Sungmin’s still begging, Heechul stood behind digging something from his nose “Just give up Sungmin! How if we’re going to a club instead. We can go skating in other time”
 
“I want to skate NOW!! I know we can’t go skating in other time because your schedule” Sungmin pouted.
 
Heechul rolled his eyes “So do I have to do dancing right here to make him let two of us enter?”
 
Sungmin wided his eyes in excitement “You can do that?”
 
“Hell NO!!! Do something before I change my mood!!!!” he yelled in regret to mention about the dance.
 
Sungmin pouted at him then turned back to face the security “Ahjushi, are you new here? What happen with Gichan Ahjushi?”
 
“Oh you know him? He’s sick now so I replace him for a week. I am his cousin”
 
Sungmin let out a sly smile “Aaah Gichan ahjushi cousin” he giggled which Heechul found it’s sound a bit scary to see Sungmin like that. Then he took out a small black book from his jacket and opened it.
 
“Ahjushi, your name is Kim Dongchan right? You have a wife named Jung Kiha who worked as a teacher at J school. I wonder how her reaction when discovers what you’re doing in Ohlala club doing XXXXXXXX with candles and ropes”
 
The man shocked  “Stop…stop…stop!!! How..How… do you know? Gichan tell you?”
 
Sungmin smirked “Well, I will keep my mouth shut if you let us to play in …..”
 
“The skating arena is yours Sir” the man's expression changed 180o. He bowed with an awkward gesture then took out his keys to open the door.
 
Heechul came to Sungmin with an open mouth “Wow”
 
Sungmin raised his chin feeling proud “You can say I got a lot of (slaves) followers like that”
 
 
 
 
 
Not like his usual skating with Eunhyuk, this time there’s only he and Heechul as the visitor. The skating arena was quite big especially since there was no one but them. As for Heechul, that was the first time he came to skating arena eventhough he wouldn’t admit it to Sungmin about that fact for sure. But he couldn’t hide his trembling feet, unable to stand up normally with his own skates.
 
He choosed to lean on the metal fence to support him. He stared at Sungmin twirling on the ice perfectly. It’s obvious that the latter often visited this place. What made him curious was why Sungmin bothered to play ice skating with him. Does he not have any friend beside that Monkey?
 
“Why are you still there? Hurry come here?” Sungmin came to approach him and offered his hand.
 
“No. Just play with yourself. I am tired”
 
Sungmin chuckled and let out smokes from his mouth because of the cold air. He took Heechul’s hand “I will teach you”
 
Heechul shooed his hand “I can do it. It’s just been a while the last time I skating Wooooaah…!!!” he tried to take a step but got slipped and nearly fell if Sungmin didn’t catch him. He chuckled again “All right…all right… Just warming up with me for a while then I will let you skating by yourself”. Well, for Heechul it sound better than got a brat teaching him skating.
 
Ten minutes passed. Sungmin guided Heechul step by step to skate on the ice field. Their hands intertwined to each other moving with their feet which swaying in rhythm “Yes, that’s good. Just swaying like you use a roller skate shoes”
 
“I know…I know. You don’t need to tell me” Heechul nagged.
 
Sungmin smiled, his eyes looked down to their feet “Thank you”
 
Heechul eyed him. There’s a faint blush on his cheek. Heechul wanted to say Nevermind but it came out as “Since I broke your rules. I have to fulfill your wish..”
 
Sungmin chuckled “But still thank you. This means so much to me”. He slowly released his hands from Heechul’s grip. He smiled at the older male but from Heechul’s eyes, that smile was more like a sad smile than a happy one. Sungmin’s twirling his own body and spread his arms. It’s looked like he’s flying or more like want to fly, to be free…. But from what?
 
Then a realization hit Heechul’s mind. He didn’t sure why but a flash of Sungmin appeared in a woman’s hanbok for a second in front of his eyes. For a moment, he saw Sungmin as the woman in his dreams. He got his body closer to the latter. This time he did well to skate without fail. Every step he took forward, made the blurry memories in his dream became clearer and clearer. 
 
He approached Sungmin and stopped the latter’s move. Their eyes met to each other while a long moment of silent was filled between them. He noticed an unshed tears on Sungmin eyes then his hands moved on their own cupping Sungmin’s face.
 
“Are…are…you Min?”
 
Sungmin stared at him “You…you… remem---“ he couldn’t finish his words as someone came to interrupt them with some men in black suit.
 
“Ehm..ehm… sorry for bothering your moment” that person cleared his throat.
 
Sungmin looked nervous  “You… How do you know I..”
 
The man pulled Sungmin's hand and made him to stand beside him “You have to come with me Lee Sungmin. We can have a proper introduction later” The man then moved his eyes toward Heechul “I think there’s no need to introduce my self to you either” 
 
Heechul scoffed “Qui Xian right? Seohyun’s boyfriend” He took out his skates then stepped forward to the man.
 
The man smirked “It’s Cho Kyuhyun for you”
 
Heechul glared at him “So Cho. Even if you have SM in your hand, it doesn’t mean you can take my PA as easy as snatching other people’s food” he said with a challenge eyes.
 
Kyuhyun stepped closer to Heechul as his face just a mere inches to him “Let’s say my contract with him is much stronger than you, Kim Heechul”
 
They were still in glaring contest before the ground where they stood shaking made they fell to the ice floor.
 
“Earthquake?!! In Seoul??!!!” Heechul shouted as he saw the building also started shaking. He looked at Sungmin who looked trembling in fears. He pulled the latter and wrapped him in his embrace. “We have to go out of here” he whispered to calm the younger. But when he meant to stand up, a loud bump came behind them and that’s the last memory he remembered before blacking out.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
TBC
 
1 Ahjushi : Middle age man