Qui Xian

The Mute Queen

“This is strange…. Why he looks enjoying it a lot”

 

Heechul had no idea why Sungmin really enjoyed the company becoming his PA. His job included  arranging Heechul’s schedule, making travel arrangements when necessary, being in contact with the people his charge was currently working with, and even taking care of menial tasks like getting his laundry and making sure Heechul ate enough every day. He treated him like a slave, ordering him around, letting him carries even the smallest things or he would just ignore him sometimes. Well for Heechul, those were his job as a PA after all.

 

But…

 

The other members of M & D, especially Donghae, seemed like having fun and joking around with Sungmin a lot. Coordi ladies even developed some crush over Sungmin as they kept begging the latter to agree being dressed by them.

 

Gosh! you’re so cute. You should be an idol. I don’t mind to be fired as M & D stylist then moved to be your staff” One of Heechul favourite stylist said this to him. Heechul gave her a death glare with mouth forming ‘traitor!!!’, but it seemed like it’s just an empty threat because as an answer she only gave him a shrug and smiled like a ert middle age. Nevertheless, it’s not as bad as how Yuri M & D manager gave Sungmin his favourite kimbab1because she couldn’t resist his doe eyes and curly lip begging to have a taste.

 

“You fox !!!”

 

“Huh? is it a compliment?” Sungmin asked back bluntly.

 

Heechul rolled his eyes realizing how clueless that fox who disguised himself as a rabbit. His patient  was getting peeled off layer by layer when a PD who was in charged of making M & D new MV asked Sungmin to sit on his lap while monitoring their performance.

 

“Yah!!! Lee Sungmin, Wait in the car!!!!” he suddenly shouted loudly making all the staffs paused, looking at him. Sungmin obeyed him after all but not forgot making a slight fake tears in his eyes.

 

“Heechul, you shouldn’t be harsh like that” a staff from the set said this to him.

 

“I can do what I want because he’s…”

 

“Mine?” Donghae interrupted him out of the blue.

 

“Mine…What? No…, I-I-I mean he’s my PA, okay!!!” he stuttered in answering then he turned to the giggling Donghae and showed a fist toward the younger ‘you’re death after this’

 

Another three days passed. He’d been thinking that making Sungmin as his PA was a mistake. He expected to put the younger was like in hell, to make him begging to be fired as his PA, but it's ended the opposite as he wasn’t an idiot as Heechul thought before.

 

“He’s smart” he mumbled to himself. He reached to a conclusion that Sungmin was the one who planned to make him to be annoyed with his action, then made heechul to fire him even before a month of the contract finished.

 

There was a time when Heechul thought that Sungmin was really out of his mind and might be the younger was a merely masochist who’s enjoying whatever Heechul’s threat until Sungmin came to his personal dress room with a ridiculous grin.

 

“What?”

 

“After this music recording is finished, you have no schedule, right?”

 

“So?” He asked while fixing his bang in front of a mirror

 

“Now, you have to grant my wish”

 

Heechul’s brows furrowed “Huh? Just who are you that I have to grant your wish?”

 

Sungmin rolled his eyes as he already expected that the older male  didn’t fully read their contract so he took out the paper from his bag then showed it to the latter.

 

“Why do you show me this again?”

 

“Read the fourth page”

 

“Huh? It’s only contained with your job description as PA”

 

Sungmin’s shoulder dropped down. He let out a sigh “Look at the footnote”

 

Heechul snored at first but after he read the note word by word he couldn’t withstand his mouth to open widely for a moment of incredible shock.

 

10 things Kim Heechul are not allowed to do with Lee Sungmin :

1.      Telling pumpkin soup that Sungmin makes is salty

2.      Insulting Sungmin's fashion sense (like a fashion terrorist or countrified rabbit)

3.      Placing/editing Sungmin’s face on Aoi Sora’s photo

4.      spoons ally before table is set in front of Sungmin (including lollipop in such manner)

5.      Putting sticker with any weird and ridiculous words on Sungmin’s back.

6.      Putting a bra and woman’s underwear in Sungmin’s bag are forbidden (especially if it’s pink)

7.      Insulting Sungmin’s IQ

8.      Letting the lamp’s still turn on after getting out from bathroom

9.      That’s include revealing his lower half body (forget bringing a towel as a reason is not accepted)

10.    Spreading rumour that Sungmin have some kinds of contagious disease is excessively forbidden

Kim Heechul isn’t allowed to break min. half of rules listed above. Violation will result that he must grant Sungmin’s wish no matter what.

 

He pointed a finger to the younger who stood with a triumphant smile and crossed hands before his chest “You… you planned about this, didn't you?” he had to expect this would have come as it’s impossible the younger never protest of all his ridiculous orders and actions to piss him off.

 

From those 10 rules, most of them were things he did to M & D members or some people he didn’t like in the past. He wondered if Sungmin went searching his ridiculous actions and habits on his fansite or antisite. Till this time, he had done point 1, 2, 5, 8, and 9 (and everyone would agree with him that point number 2 was true). He would do point 4 and 10 If he didn’t read that footnote before.

 

“Yah, you rotten pumpkin! How could I read the footnote with such small fonts like this” he said while lifting the paper in front of the younger.

 

Sungmin grinned “So, since you have agreed with our contract. You will fulfill my wish today right? The last I’ve checked, you don’t have any schedule tonight”

 

Heechul gave his second snort “What do you want? But don’t expect I will grant it soon because I need my beauty sleep”

 

Sungmin’s smile changed into a pout. Well, he also had expected  this self conceited diva would make some excuse like that “I want us to go to an ice skating arena”

 

“Go with that blonde Monkey instead”

 

“He have a holiday with his family at the moment” Sungmin said with a bit whining tone.

 

Heechul scoffed “Don’t cute on me. That doesn’t work, you know?”

 

Sungmin’s expression changed into a smirk “Aaaah, I know. You can’t do ice skating, can you?”

 

He paused for a moment “Who…who..said I..I can’t? Of course I can. I almost become a bellarina oh no I mean bellarino when I am in elementary school”

 

“It’s ballerino" Sungmin corrected.

 

Heechul opposed “I just said that. You have to check your ears later”

 

“So, can we come tonight?”

 

“No. I told you I need my beauty sleep”

 

“Then I will go on strike as your PA!!!!” Sungmin’s face got sullen then went out with stomping steps leaving Heechul with mouth hanging open because it’s the first time in his life a PA going on strike like Sungmin “Yah!!!! Rotten pumpkin!! Who told you to get out of room while I was talking!!??”

 

 

~~~*SJ*~~~

 

“Geez, I think I was too soft toward him. I should threaten him with my special black book later” Sungmin mumbled to himself while walking through the corridor of SM building.

 

Actually he quite enjoyed being Heechul’s PA. It didn’t mean he liked being ordered around here and there by the latter but he liked Heechul’s expression while getting annoyed by his action. The more he annoyed, the more Sungmin felt it’s entertaining. It made him forgetting for a moment about his future as a shadow of Cho’s heir after he graduated.

 

If what his mother told was true, it’s not like he had to marry the son of Cho’s family though. It’s just a personal business partner. He still could live his life eventhough it’s not fully free. But after that museum incident occurred. He’s being anxious these days because of his past memories sometimes came to his dream as a nightmare. But the dream would disappeared when he heard a gayageum sound echoing in his ears. Then a scene of him as a Queen Min was seen to be sitting on a shed, she watched someone playing a Gayageum for her. He was sure that the female had Heechul's face, so he wondered  if in the past they might be friends.

 

And probably that’s one of the hidden reason why he had agreed to become his PA. There was something in Heechul that made him curious. He wasn’t sure why. It’s like his soul had two hearts in it. It’s like the other part wanted to be near Heechul so bad, as if he got a light feeling when Heechul's around. He really felt enjoyed watching the older’s back figure. Comforting. He felt safe.

 

He planned to meet another M & D members in their restroom but he paused when catching a glimpse of a woman figure in front of him. She was tall, wore a creamy one piece dress, had a fair skin and long straight black hair. She’s talking with someone by phone. Sungmin’s breath paused when the female turned a bit, exposing her beautiful smiling face. He knew that face.

 

“Where are you?” she said to someone in the line.

 

Sungmin’s eyes widened in horror as the female voice was familiar. He never met her in person actually but he felt he knew her. He knew that kind of smile from his recent nightmare. It’s still fresh in his mind when someone in his dream called the female’s name.

 

“Hyun….” He unconsciously let out the name in a whisper.

 

Then he saw the female sped her steps to the stairs. Without thinking, he followed her from behind. His heart beated faster as he thought he knew who the person she would meet. He wasn't sure why. He just knew without a reason.

 

He tried to make his every steps as light as possible to not cause any sound. He followed her to a roof top. He saw she opened the door without unlocked it first  as if there had been another person already waiting for her. He saw a male figure leaning his hands to a metal fence enjoying the view of Seoul's sky.

 

“Qui Xian…!!!” that female called that person who later turned around and gave a smile which Sungmin thought it's also felt familiar  as much as the fact that smile was never landed for him. His face then was being covered with cold sweat as he could  see clearly the man’s face. Sungmin's heart should not have been beating this fast. The king in his dreams might be looked blurry at first but when he tried close his eyes for a second to recall his memory of the king’s face,  this time it became clearer and clearer.

 

“Seohyun!!!” the other male said then spreading his arms welcoming the female in his embrace.

 

“Long time no see, Qui Xian!!”

 

Sungmin grabbed the fabric on his chest. He felt a familiar pain watching the scene before him. He looked like in struggle to catch a breath until his lip let out a name…

 

Phea….”

 

 

~~~*SJ*~~~

 

“Sungminnieee, where are youuuuu. Let’s play a hide and seeeeek?” Donghae’s head popped out behind the door way of Heechul’s dress room “Hm? Where is he?”

 

“Sulking!!” Heechul said while sitting on a chair, hands holding a copy of Sungmin’s contract paper. His face was attached by facial mask tissue while eyes were still busy searching if there was any hidden footnote in the paper. He decided to plan how to annoy Sungmin more wisely in the future.

 

“You didn’t insult his fashion sense again, did you?”

 

Heechul just answered without looking at the younger “His taste of picking clothes for me need a psychiatrist consultation”

 

“How if he stops being your PA? Yuri will be very mad. She has barely capable to breath freely these days, Hyung” Donghae said as he walked to the older male’s direction.

 

“He won’t. He looked having so much fun here. Not to mention he’s pissing me off a lot. And he thinks his friend’s future is on my hand Khahahahaha……!!!!!” he laughed out loud as Donghae thought it’s not the laugh that a human should have.

 

He shook his head with hands were attached to his waist “We all know that’s your empty threat. That’s impossible you could manipulate company’s decisi----“ Donghae stopped when he saw a familiar silver locket laying recklessly near the piles of Heechul’s script. He took it and opened the tiny latch that held the two halves together.  He sighed when caught a photo of someone in Heechul’s past still rested peacefully in the locket.

 

“Hyung, do you still save this?”

 

Much to Donghae’s concern, Heechul removed his facial mask tissue and threw the paper to the floor before rushing to snatch the silver locket from Donghae’s hand “It’s none of your business” he snapped coldly at the younger.

 

Donghae sighed hardly again “I thought you said you already moved on Han…"

 

“Don’t say his name in front of me !!!!!” he yelled. His voice’s tone this time was much different from usual. It’s not hard for Donghae to notice that it wasn’t a time for joking anymore.

 

Hyung…”

 

“Get out!!!” Heechul pointed out of the door way.

 

Donghae eyed him for a while “Fine! just stuck rotting here with that locket” he said before moved his feet out from the room.

 

After he left, Heechul clutched the locket in his grip as hard as it caused his hands to become red. He gritted his teeth then turned around throwing the locket through the opened window with full strength.

 

 

 

~~~*SJ*~~~

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you come to Seoul?” the female who had been called as Seohyun earlier asked the tall male in front of her.

 

The man smiled to the former “It’s a surprise”

 

“I thought you’ve been mad to me”

 

“Because of what?”

 

She shrugged “Because rejecting your offer and choosing to become a singer here?” it's sounded more like a statement than question. She couldn’t help but showed a sad expression feeling a bit  guilty toward the man who happened to become her boyfriend while studying in China.

 

The man rubbed some hair to the back of her ear “I am not mad, Hyun. I know that’s your dream”

 

After hearing those words, her lip changed quickly to draw a content smile “So, do you plan to live in Korea now, Qui Xian?”

 

“Hey, I told you my Korean name before right? It’s Kyu---“ (Clang…clang…) he stopped when some noises. “Who’s that?” He shouted then walked toward the sound direction and caught a glimpse of man figure wanted to step out through the doorway. But the first male who just had beed called as Qui Xian earlier managed to walk faster than the other male and successfully grabbed his wrist to stop him.

 

He pulled the other male with force making him turned around to face him “Who are you? what are you doing here?” he asked with a hint of anger from his eyes. He stared at the man who’s at the moment stared back at him in a horror.

 

“Are you eavesdropping our conversation earlier? Did my father ask you to follow me?”

 

“Qui Xian, just let him go” Seohyun said with worry when he saw the stranger’s hand became pale because the strong grip the tall man did.

 

“Are you deaf or mute? Answer me!!!!”

 

“Yah, just let go of your hand from him!” a third male came in circle, walking carelessly while chewing a gum candy.

 

After having a quarrel scene with Donghae, he decided to enlighten up his mood to the roof top and found a ridiculous triangle love like drama scene before him. He planned to stand on the side line and watch it like a movie before (what a pity he didn’t come with popcorn), until he noticed it's Sungmin, the one who got his wrist grabbed was wincing in pain.

 

He grabbed Sungmin's  hand then looked at the tall man in front of him “All employees in this company have a right to come to this place. He’s my PA, if he did any inconvenient thing to you then that’s my responsibility. So please let go of his hand, Sir. It’s not like he could run after this”.

 

The man then loosened his grip. Heechul turned to face Sungmin who’s still didn’t calm down seeing from his rushing breath “Sungmin, are you okay?” he asked. But the younger didn’t answer at all. His eyes looked empty. It seemed like he wasn’t anywhere in that place. And just before Heechul could ask the second time, Sungmin stormed out to the stairs without a single words “Yah, is it your answer instead of thanking me?” Heechul yelled out off from Sungmin’s concern.

 

Heechul then turned around to face the couple who stood before him. He planned to give them a lesson that the rooftop wasn’t a place for dating but he threw that thought when seeing the other male stared to the opened door.

 

“His name is Sungmin??”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

1 Kimbab : rice, meat, and vegetables wrapped up in seaweed, and then sliced to form neat, round, colorful cross-sections.