The Day Before

He's a ert, and He Thinks I'm Gay

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

*This woman is definitely crazy. Didn’t she know that if she scream like that she look so darn gorgeous?* Luhan thought to himself.

 

“Of course I couldn’t attend the rehearsals with you. I’m afraid that I can’t let you go if we keep sticking together.” Luhan whispered to himself, watching as Eun Ji trudged off in a huff. He felt bad but it was for his own protection.

 

Luhan’s jealous when he sees Eun Ji and Daehyun together.

 

But he keep it to himself.

 

Luhan’s heart melts when he watch Eun Ji study until she fell asleep in the library.

 

But he didn’t dare to approach her in case she wake up and yell at him.

 

He was scared of rejection. He didn’t knew it.

 

Maybe because of his previous accident, it made him like this. Luhan yearns for his memories with Eun Ji. He wants it so badly that it will kill him. But what can he do, if the girl he liked, didn’t like him back?

 

“Sigh, I was right, going back to the US is the right choice. I should start packing up.” With another long sigh, he stuffed his advance birthday present ring back into his pocket, thinking if he should give that ring to somebody else instead.

 

*

 

Eun Ji POV

 

 

“ARGHHHH. I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT XI LUHAN IS SUCH A JERK!” I screamed at my teddy bear and slammed my head against the soft pillow, screaming. The sound came out muffled but after screaming for 15 minutes, I felt better.

 

Just then, my mother knocked on the door. “Eun Ji-ah. Can I come in?”

 

I straightened myself on the bed upon hearing her voice. “Yea, sure. Please do come in.”

 

She came in and I swear it’s been so long since I’ve seen her. She aged quite a lot… “Just want to ask if you plan to hold any party on your 18th birthday? I arrange a party right here if you want to.”

 

I raised a brow. It’s my birthday already? Today’s 15 and my birthday is on 19… which is on Wednesday. Holy crap! It’s the showcase day! “I don’t know, mom. I would like to have a small party after the showcase.”

 

My mom smiled as she looked at me. “I shall arrange a perfect sweet 18th party for you then.” I mumbled my thanks and I’m surprise at her sudden change in attitude towards me. She didn’t even nag when I said that I have a showcase before that.

 

I think she understood the power of a daughter’s dream.

 

Now back to ranting…

 

 

*

 

Back in school, all of the seniors was talking about the showcase. Our final examination. All of us were so hyped up about it and afternoon classes was cancelled so that we can practice our musical. My muscles ached and my throat didn’t felt all too great when I was practicing and it’s getting into my nerves.

 

“Yah, I think you should rest. Go back to your room and sleep early. We still have one more day tomorrow. Don’t tire yourself too much.” Kim Bear suggested.

 

“But I don’t we’ll do good. Luhan didn’t come for practice. Not even once. Oh my gosh, what if we mess up during the ball dance? Or the ending?”

 

Kimmy stepped next to me. “Hey, don’t forget that Luhan is indeed the Kingka of our school. He is the genius in dancing and singing.” She leaned in and whispered to my ear. “And you’ll never know if he’s actually watching us from afar.”

 

I do admit, he does have the talent. But nobody’s perfect without practice. With a worry heart, I headed back to my dorm room.

 

 

*

 

The next day-

 

 

I felt so much better the next day and managed to finish the entire process even without a partner. Back in my dorm, I washed up and blasted the speakers while drying my hair. My body didn’t feel too stiff anymore and I felt more than alive.

 

Tomorrow’s the day.

 

Feeling all nervous and fidgety, I turned the music off and got into bed.

 

But it was freaking 8PM. How am I suppose to sleep in this timing? Feeling stupid, I got up again and grabbed a jacket. A night walk will do the trick.

 

The cold wind caught me by surprise. Wearing my jacket, I popped in my earpiece and walked to the small garden just beside the dormitory. This is one of the blind spot that not many students know of. The cool wind caressed my cheeks and I shivered.

 

Maybe I should dance…

 

Switching to our musical song, I practiced the routine again and again.

 

 

*

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

Luhan watched as the girl danced with the grace of an angel. There was something missing despite her perfect dance.

 

That’s right.

 

A dance partner.

 

Silently, he went next to her and during the time when she turned, he slipped his left hand around her slim waist and interlocked his fingers with her other hand as they danced. Eun Ji was taken aback, at first. But when she realized that Luhan is merely dancing with her, she relaxed and swiftly plugged her ear piece out of her phone so both of them could hear the music.

 

Luhan is indeed a professional in dancing. He never practiced this move with her but yet he was so smooth, like he’d danced with her since forever. At the end of the music, both of them were panting and sweating hard and was glad for the wind that hit them.

 

Their forehead touched and Luhan leaned in for a kiss. Eun Ji pulled her head away. “No. Not now. Promise me you’ll come tomorrow. For the showcase.”

 

*Of course I would go! I was planning to even though I didn’t attend any practices.* he thought.

 

“I will. I promise.” He affirmed. Eun Ji raised her pinky, waiting for Luhan to hook it and seal the deal. Luhan chuckled, thinking that she was stupid.

 

“Promise.” He hooked his pinky through hers.

 

“Oh and you’re not forgiven, you know. Even if you know how to dance. I still can’t accept your attitude.” She stepped back, folding her arms. “And if you’re going to apologize, do it after you remember me. All of me. We’ll see how it goes after that.” Eun Ji stated. This is the best chance to taunt him and force him to remember her.

 

“I’ll try to.” He mumbled.

 

“Oh and one more thing. This isn’t the full dance routine. What we did just now was just the ballroom dance. Go and request a full video of our practice rehearsal from Kim Bear and practice if you can. Make sure you’re coming tomorrow.” Eun Ji gave him a small smile and went back to her dorm, living Luhan alone.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll be there. Even if I have to leave for the US tomorrow night.” Luhan whispered, his words going along with the wind.