Detention

He's a ert, and He Thinks I'm Gay

 

“I’m against the idea of having an olden ‘Romeo & Juliet’. It’ll bore the audience.” Kimberly stated before the meeting even started. All of us gathered at the cafeteria after school and the only idiot who isn’t here is Luhan.

 

Not surprising.

 

“Me too.” I added. The members all agreed to. “So let’s take out the ‘art’ and ‘thou’; wait, we don’t even learn the language anyway.”

 

“You’re right. This is going to be a singing and dancing musical. It requires stamina, voice and dance steps. It does not require whatever ancient language.” She explained and then booted up her laptop and explained to us her overall plan.

 

“I’m going to get our dresses and the suits tailored. We don’t have a choice. Our language may not be ancient but our clothes needs to be… Englishy.” Kimmy said. “Come down over to my place this weekends, I’ve ordered the tailors and staff to take measurements. Oh and Eun Ji… You’re wearing a dress so please, get yourself waxed, honey.” She winked and continued one. I rolled my eyes as the members laughed.

 

All of them were friendly and cooperative, especially the Japanese dude who keeps talking about anime and mangas, getting all the girls excited. I mean like… who still watches that? But Takashi’s voice is fantastic. Young Mi is a sweet lady whose body is strikingly beautiful. Instead of me, she should be the one being Juliet. It’s more fitting for her. And she dances like a professional.

 

And then there’s Minhyuk – the guy with very attractive lips. He specialises in rapping and dancing instead of singing and Kimmy is planning to add that section in the musical. With her talents, it’s possible to add it in. Apparently Minhyuk is acting the role of Mercutio – Romeo’s best friend.

 

When our short meeting ended, we parted ways and Kimmy was left alone in the cafeteria managing her stuff. I gave a quick hug to her and left for my room.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

 

On Friday, I received news that the B.A.P boys are leaving Korea for Bangkok for some music festival. Come to think of it, I haven’t contacted Daehyun for a few days. I wonder what has he been doing.

 

“Come on, you like Daehyun just because he’s nice to you. It doesn’t mean you love him. And besides, you both haven’t even kissed.” Kimmy said, absolutely happy that Daehyun left this country. She liked B.A.P last time; hard core fan. But now – Instructor Kim above everyone else.

 

“Shut up. There isn’t any appropriate chance to kiss, you know.” I countered.

 

“What? There is lots of chance. But you didn’t want it,” I ignored her and we continued our way down the stairs. I totally forgot about my detention on Wednesday and I’m so dead if I’m late for history class. I walked into Mr. Choi’s history class with a heavy heart and purposely get the seat next to the window, away from his line of sight.

 

“Jung Eun Ji-sshi. You owe me four hours of detention and if you’re not serving it today, I’m bringing you to the Principal’s office.” He spoke it fast before I could even sit. I grumbled and sat on the chair, my mood becoming sour every minute.

 

Just then, the bell rang, indicating the start of history class. We greeted the teacher and he plunge straight into the lesson, leaving no man behind. However, just when he started explaining how civilisation rises, the classroom door slid open and Luhan strode in lazily. Mr. Choi’s nostrils flared as he nearly threw the marker onto Luhan’s head.

 

“Luhan! You’ve been skipping lessons and now you’re late! Detention today!” he yelled at Luhan but Luhan just nodded groggily before settling down on a seat and slept all the way through. Yikes, now what…? Detention with the crazy boy?

 

Man, this is stupid.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

 

The hours in school wore on and by the time I know it, math class was over and basically school’s out. I dragged my legs all the way to Mr Choi’s office and waited for him to come before he assign to any stupid work that will last for 4 hours.

 

When Mr Choi came, another guy was with him. “Come boy, don’t try to escape from me,” he pulled the guy’s collar and hurled him into his office. Luhan, oh Luhan. What happened to you.

 

Mr Choi sat on the chair angrily as he faced us. “I don’t care if you have valid reasons for being late for my class or not attending my class at all.” He started. The atmosphere in the room became tensed. “Both of you will have to clean all the windows in the classroom block and report to me at 9 o’clock. And if one of the windows I find dirty, both of you will be down for another detention class. Now, scoot off.”

 

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes right in front of him. That temptation was overwhelming but Luhan did it first. Luckily for him, Mr Choi didn’t see it. We borrowed a bucket and two cloths from the cleaner room and off to clean the top level of the block.

 

Luhan was quiet all the way, probably still steaming with rage. I filled the bucket full of water before we entered the first classroom and started cleaning the dusty panels. It took us nearly half an hour to finish cleaning one classroom and by the time we reached our fifth classroom, I was dead beat.

 

“Stupid Mr Choi. Why is he so evil to make us to labour work? I can’t believe my luck.” I mumbled to myself.

 

“Quit complaining and clean.” I heard Luhan say as he scrubbed the higher panels.


“Oh, mind your own business.”

 

Just then, I felt water dripping down from above, splattering all over my head and staining my shirt. I looked up and found Luhan squeezing the cloth letting the water spill on me. I dodged aside. “Yah! Luhan! Look! My uniform is dirty now!” I screamed at him. He sniggered.

 

Furrowing my brows, I stood next to him and shook the ladder; he flailed wildly but managed to grab hold of the panel to prevent himself from dropping off the ladder. “Yah! Stop shaking it! I’m going to fall!”

 

“Like I care! You stained my shirt! Now fall!”

 

“Jung Eun Ji! You better stop!” Luhan jumped off the ladder and dipped the cloth into the bucket of water and threw the entire cloth right on my face. I coughed, choked on the water and tasted the soup smell.

 

Luhan sniggered even louder as he sees me becoming redder every after cough. My nostrils flared and my eyes turned to slits. Anger pent up in me as I let out a string of beautiful and yet deadly curses, making him stop and look at me in a different light. I stormed forward, grabbing the bucket of water and pour it all over his body.

 

“Take that you ert!” I called him his previous nickname but he was too engross in coughing that he didn’t realise.

 

He took off his blazer and the water seeped in through the white uniform, revealing his set of milky skin. But what caught my eye wasn’t that his skin was actually pretty but a long scar stretched from the side of his stomach to the bottom right side of his body. I don’t remember him having that scar before…

 

Luhan’s coughing didn’t stop and I grew rigid. He hair was damped and he started sneezing too. I approached him and quickly took the only pair of dry cloth and cleaned his shirt, moving on to drying his hair.

 

“Yah, are you all right? Where did you get the scar?” I didn’t mean to get too close to him but as I see his injury up close, his scar was much more gruesome than I thought and when I craned my neck, I saw that his back also had the same scar. I gasped.

 

He’s been stabbed.

 

Luhan stopped coughing and sneezing suddenly and grabbed my wrists, his vice like grip making a visible red mark on my skin. He cornered me to the wall and clamped my hands against the wall, preventing me from escaping.

 

I shuddered as he whispered into my ear, a smirk spreading across his face. , he’s been pretending.

 

“Hah, I got you.” Luhan whispered.

 

Eun Ji 1, Luhan 1. 

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

 

A/N: Do comment, subscribe and upvote! 
Thank you for reading! <3