Getting Ready

He's a ert, and He Thinks I'm Gay

 

 

“Welcome, welcome, welcome.” The principal, again, started. “Hehe, do I sound like the Hunger Game’s lady? I hope I do.” the participants laughed. I rolled my eyes and noticed Daehyun laughing.

“Anyway, just some instructions for you all: the games will commence next week where you will be transported to another place where you all fight against each other. Obviously you won’t die. You’ll just be eliminated. It’s just a competition where friendships are fostered and blablabla. Most importantly, you enjoy yourselves.

“Anyone here not satisfied with your partner? Because there’s a rule that states that, every after round that you win, you’ll be able to request for a change of partner. But if you don’t want, then it’s fine.”

The briefing continued on and it was honestly boring.

After one hour, it finally ended. I stood up and straightened my uniform.

“Hey, wanna go grab a bite with me?” Daehyun asked.

As if on cue, my stomach growled and I smiled sheepishly. He smiled also and took my hand again and I was forced to follow him.

Along our way out, I caught Luhan’s gaze on me again; his eyes were scrunched up together, frowning like a little kid.

A sudden pang of guiltiness hit me, but before I could look further, I was already out of the room.

~

 

 

“Woahh, noona! You’re so pretty!” this guy with blue hair highlights complimented. His eyes were huge and round, and amazingly handsome. “I’m Zelo, maknae of all maknaes!”

“And, I’m Jongup. He’s Youngjae and that guy there is Yongguk. Himchan went for extra class so he won’t be here.” Jongup motioned to each of the members. I was swooned by their looks. With their muscles rippling through their shirts, they all look like werewolves. I mean their body.

“Hi.” I replied back. Not that I was rude, but I didn’t know what to say. We were in the private cafeteria catered only for B.A.P members.

“Awww, noona, why are you so cold? But I like that.” Zelo popped another cherry tomato into his mouth and smiled while biting. Ever since I got here, he’s been eating those. Damn, it must taste good huh.

“Aish, you’re scaring her. Anyway, like what all the people around the school are saying, we’re back. After going on hiatus for one, no, two years.” Daehyun said.

“Oh.”

“So the point is, we want to be friends with you.” Jongup grinned. He has one of the nicest smiles ever. The one that will make every girls fall head over heels. Fortunately or unfortunately, I was not that type of girls.

“Oookay…” I dragged my words and sipped my lemon tea that the waitress offered. It was freshly brewed. Yum.

“Okay, fine. The main thing that we’re curious about is… are you dating Luhan?” Jongup admitted. The members gave him their glares and his face redden in embarrassment. Especially Zelo, who can’t stop poking Jongup.

“L-luhan? No! Totally not. It’s just that…y’know… he and I got an arranged marriage ‘cause of family issues.” I stuttered and my face flushed like that same exact cherry tomatoes that Zelo ate.

“Ahh… no wonder. Okay.” Jongup said.

“Let’s not talk about this,” Daehyun waved his hand around, brushing the subject off. “Let’s talk about some strategic planning about the games.”

I smiled. “Sure.”

Games? Challenge? I'd like that.

~

 

 

A week has passed like that. And throughout this whole week, Luhan didn’t even talk to me. Not like a give a damn. Every night I would meet Daehyun in his café and we discuss our strategies. Sometimes it worked; sometimes we just had to think of other methods to make the opponents get kicked out.

Daehyun asked me why I wanted to win this game.

I don’t know how to reply him.

Maybe because I was very competitive?

I don’t know.

~

 

Author’s POV

 

Luhan drummed his fingers impatiently on the tables while waiting for Lay to report to him about their findings.

Yep, Luhan knew that something was odd about the arrangement for this games. And he was going to find out. After 1 week of avoiding Eun Ji, he couldn't take it any longer. He looked into his watch and it was 5 minutes till the reporting time.

“Aish, that Lay is taking too long!”

The door to the private cafeteria open and Luhan’s ears perked up. Finally he comes!

“Yah! Took you long enou-”

“Oppa! Oppa!” A girl called.

Luhan’s heart fell as he turned her head to confirm his prediction. It was Miyeon, his games partner. And the irritating girl. He pretended to smile.

“What’s up?” He greeted coolly.

“Oppa! Were you waiting for me? Sorry I was late!” she pouted and sat beside him. “I had some matters to deal with just now. My girls wanted to borrow some nail polish from me and I had to get it for them.”

“I see.”

“So let’s plan on what to do for the games. Let’s eliminate the weakest couple and-”

*Bzzz Bzzz*

Luhan’s pocket vibrated and he hastily took his phone out. It was a message from Lay. Having his hopes up, he unlocked his phone and read the message.

‘Sorry hyung, for not being able to meet you today. But I’ve confirmed with the Principal that it was indeed your mother who’d planned this. Just pretend you got tricked and go according to your mother’s wishes and not defy her. Best of luck, Lay.’

Luhan’s smile grew wider and he felt like he wanted to jump for joy. He knew that Miyeon was talking but he didn’t care.

*Now I know that it wasn’t Eun Ji’s wish to be with that blonde…awww Eun Ji you’re so dead.*

“Uh, Miyeon ah, I have to go now. Let’s just do our best for tomorrow. See you.” He stuffed his phone into his pocket and walked off, his own happiness overpowering Miyeon’s whining.

Time to bring out the y Couple that I’d planned. Luhan thought to himself.

 

~

 

A/N: SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING ): 
 

I will be updating more frequently now! Cuz my exams are nearly over! YAYNESS.
Ohh, Luhan does know how to use his brains to find things out <: