Under the Moonlight

He's a ert, and He Thinks I'm Gay

 

“Young master,” the maids greeted Luhan, then shifted their gaze and bowed lightly to me. Luhan’s maids all wore the same uniform. Like some cosplay/anime kind. It’s kind of interesting to see them in their huge uniform and sweeping the floors.

“Yah, are you following me or not?” Luhan said.

“Coming!” I moved quickly to him before he could go off without me. Being lost in his territory is not my thing.

His house is a little bigger than mine. Okay, maybe not a little. But a lot more bigger than mine. Brightly lit hallways guided us as we padded on the soft and refined carpeted floors. Intricate patterns carved on the walls and every thirty meters or so, an expensive looking vase came to our view.

I wanted to touch and feel the porcelain vase but Luhan’s warning voice stopped me. “If the vase breaks, you’re going to suffer under my mother’s wrath.”

I immediately pulled my hand back and stuffed it into my pocket and trailed behind Luhan. The vases, he said, was his mother’s favourite collectibles. It was her hobby and she cleaned each and every one of her vase. If any maids or guests touches it, she’ll freak.

“If it is so important, then why did she display it outside? She should keep it in some treasure box or something.” I said as we rounded into a corner and the walls are now filled with some artist’s paintings.

“Of course she would do that. It’s called showing off.” Luhan looked at me as if he’d just talked to a moron. I puffed my cheeks and shrugged my shoulders, trying to hide my embarrassment.

We’d finally reached the end of the hallway and a pair of double doors appeared. Two guards, as usual, stood outside of the doors. Their face looked stern and they even eyed me when the doors opened for us.

I rolled eyes and gave them the tongue.

“Childish.” Luhan lightly slapped my head and mimicked my tongue move sarcastically.

“Yah! Who’s more childish now, since you’re doing it too.” I stick my tongue out at him again, this time with my thumbs on my cheeks, flapping my fingers.

“Okay, that looks so childish. Stop it.”

“No way~ I will do this forever and annoy you~ :P” I continued to and even circled around him. I watched as he grunted and knit his brows. Hah. This is what you get for mimicking me.

“You sure you don’t wanna stop?” he said, this time raising a brow. The side of his lip curved up into a tiny smirk.

Uh-oh.

That trademark smirk. I recognize that.

I gulped but continued.

“You will regret this.” His lips parted into a larger smile as he advanced towards me. I stepped back and my hands were outstretched, trying to stop him from coming near me.

“Yah, yah. What are you going to do?”

He reached out and grabbed the back of my head, pulling my head near his as he bend down to meet my eye level.

He his tongue and smiled, “is this what you want? I will gladly compromise with you.”

“No! I was just playing and you’re thinking sick!” I placed my hands on his chest and tried to pry myself away from him but he won’t budge at all.

“Oh! Luhan and Eun Ji! You’re here! Oops! Am I disturbing any special moment?” Luhan’s mother suddenly appeared and we both jerked back. My face tuned red as I placed my hands behind my back.

“Oh, umma, hi.” Luhan greeted his mother casually.

“Hi… Mrs Xi.” I bowed low and put on my best smile.

“Aw, Eun Ji ah. Don’t be too courteous. Come, let’s have our dinner.” She said and ushered us into the dining hall.

“So how’s everything?” she settled down in her seat and gestured for me to sit too. Luhan sat directly opposite me. The maid’s overly large dress shuffled past my table as they swiftly placed the empty plates and cutleries on our tables.

“Going good, I guess.” I replied politely. Drinks and the appetizer was served first and I could feel my saliva at the corner of my mouth. Not that my home didn’t serve this kind of food… just that I choose to eat cup noodles.

“I can see that you both get along pretty well, am I right?” Mrs Xi grinned. Her eyebrow moved up and down at me and I blushed again.

“Umma…you don’t have to say that now.” Luhan growled. He drank his drink and puckered his lips. “Not that I want to deny it. Besides, we’re even living together.”

I nearly choked on my food. I had to gulp some water to swallow my food. “What? I never – “

“Oooh! That’s so good! Where are you guys living?” Mrs Xi cut in, sounding overly excited for her son living with his fiancé.

“No, Mrs Xi, we’re actually – “

“I bought a house. Just beside our school. The principal allow us to stay.” Luhan smiled at his mother. I kicked his legs under the table and glared at him.

“That’s good, son! You’ve really grown up. Then when are you moving in? I want to put some of my precious vase in your house…” Mrs Xi babbled on about how she could decorate the house and even set up a freaking play room for children. Oh my gosh…

Luhan agreed to what his mother say and ignored me. I kicked his legs even harder. “Stop it.” I mouthed.

“No.” he mouthed back and winked.

I tightened my grip around the fork. I will never live with this annoying bastard. He’ll just annoy the heck out of me.

“You die.” I mouthed again.

He flashed a grin again and crooked his finger to me. “Try me.”

“I know you guys want some alone time together, but will you both eat first then do whatever you want?” Mrs Xi laughed, amused by our actions.

“So-sorry.” I cracked a shy smile and dug into my food. That Luhan will die later.

~

“Thank you so much for accompanying me today, Eun Ji ah. I appreciate it a lot. I will see you soon!” Mrs Xi hugged me and planted a soft kiss on my cheeks. I bowed one last time and left for home, taking Luhan’s car. I was about to close the door but somebody held it open.

“Luhan.” I snarled. He gestured me to move aside as he squeezed himself into the car.

“Ugh! Stop pushing me you!”

“It’s my duty to send you back to your house.” He beamed and told the driver to go.

“For your information, it is your driver who is sending me home, not you. You’re just being an annoying freak.” I crossed my hands and looked out of the window.

“I hired him, and this is my car. Let’s just take it that I’m sending you home. Nobody can be as kind as me,”

“Please. I’d rather walk home than to take your car. Since your mom insist. Oh, speaking about that, why the hell did you say that we had a home?” I turned to him and poked his chest, emphasizing my last sentence.

He grasped my finger in midway, his grip warm. “Aren’t we roommates before? Besides, this will prove to the world that Xi and Jung family are getting closer. Thank me for my clever mind.”

I yanked my finger away. “Never.”

“Soon you’ll thank me. And by then, I want something more than just saying ‘thank you’”

“Ugh, whatever. I’m sleeping.”

.

.

.

.

“Yah. Sissy.”

Luhan poked my shoulder.  I ignored him.

“Yah. We’ve reached already you idiot.”

I opened my eyes and indeed, we’d already reached my place. I sat up straight and unbuckled my safety belt and unlocked the door.

I peered into the car. “Thanks. Bye.” And slammed the door shut before Luhan could reply me.

I was walking towards my house when I heard Luhan calling out for my name again.

“What!” I hissed. The windows were down and his head peered out of the window. The moonlight reflected in his eyes, shining brightly. My heart hammered against my ribcage.

“Come here, I wanna tell you something.”

I rolled my eyes and reluctantly dragged my legs over to him.

“I’m tired. Make it quick.”

“Come closer.” He urged with his finger. I let out an annoyed breath and leaned closer to him. In one swift movement, he pulled my head forward and planted a kiss on my lips. My eyes were wide opened, shocked by his sudden movement. My heart thrummed wildly. We stayed like that a little longer until he pulled away.

Luckily for the dimmed light, he couldn’t see my blush.

“See you tomorrow.” Luhan smiled and patted my head lightly before the window slid back up.

I touched my lips where he’d kissed me, the tingling feeling was still there.

Now I don’t think I could even sleep tonight.

~

 

 

A/N: Awww, Luhan is so sweet. ISAHJFOHSDGOIHS

Anyway, here's an update! Hope y'all enjoy! Teehee. 
Many thanks to my new subscribers! And to those who commented! You guys are awesome. <3