Day Before Departure

He's a ert, and He Thinks I'm Gay

 

 

Author’s POV

 

“I announced that E.J is officially expelled from the school.” The angry Principal announced to the entire school after that big commotion. Miyoung grinned in satisfaction as she inclined her head higher. She spotted Luhan exiting the hall and she followed after him.

“Oppa! I’ve got rid of E.J for you! Aren’t you happy?” she danced around him but Luhan gave her dagger glares.

“Don’t talk to me.”

She stopped and cupped Luhan’s chin. “Why?”

“Because you’re a .” He slapped her hands away and went off to find Eun Ji.

Jealousy painted her face green. She clenched her fist and fumed.

 

Lay trailed Eun Ji as he watched her ran out of the hall in tears. His heart broke when he saw her bawling her eyes out at the corner of the campus.

“Hey, are you alright?” He squatted beside her, patting her back gently. Eun Ji turned her head and relaxed a little when she saw Lay. She wasn’t ready to face Luhan, not yet.

“Yeah,” Eun Ji barely croaked out. Her voice was strained from all the crying.

“Don’t worry, nothing will go wrong,” he pulled Eun Ji closer until she was leaning onto him. Lay placed his hand over her hand and smoothed it while she regained her composure. She didn’t resist his touch or his hug.

Luhan heard somebody’s cry. He knew it was Eun Ji. He moved towards the sound and his heart lifted a little when he saw a part of your uniform just beside the pillar. But his heart immediately crash when he saw Lay and Eun Ji together.

*I was too late, huh…* Luhan thought.

Thinking that he might anger her again if he approached her, Luhan lowered his head and retreated back to his dorm room. *I’ll talk things out with her later…*

Never did he knew that there’ll be no ‘later’.

~

 

Eun Ji’s POV

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

“No more excuses, girl. I want you to go to the US now. You’re such a disgrace to the Jung family. How dare you cross dress as a man! Shame on you!” my mother let out a series of nagging attacks that will definitely win my string of curses. She’d been going on for an hour now and my ears were getting tired.

“Yes, fine. I will go to States. But will you please let me settle some stuff?” I raised my voice a little this time.

“Settle your stuff by the end of this week. By Sunday morning, you’ll have to be in the airport. If not I’ll just send you to some third world country and abandon you as my daughter!” she screamed, in the verge of hysteria.

I counted the days left in Seoul. Today is Friday. Which means I had 3 freaking days left. I need to spend my last days with Kim Bear… I will miss her so much…

“Whatever you say. But I’ll be back next year, right? That’s what you promised me.”

“If your academic results are good and no bad records, next year you’ll be here.” She stared at me with her arms crossed.

“What about the engagement?” I asked, nearly choking on my voice.

“Luhan’s family is very kind. They’ll not break the engagement, yet. However they expect you to be on your best behavior when you meet them next year.” She glared at me again, her eyes widening.

I shivered at her gaze but managed to keep a poker face. Luhan, you betrayer, I will never forgive you. Wait till you see me next year as a real girl…

The door slammed shut, leaving me alone in my room. No, not alone; With bodyguards in my room and outside.

I sprawled onto my bed and cursed myself for having this kind of life.

~

 

“Eun Ji!!!!” Kim Bear rushed to me and gave me her specialty tight hug. She squeezed me so tightly that I there wasn’t enough air to breathe in.

“Can’t… Breathe!” I said.

“Oops!” she let me go and started fanning my face while I gasped for air.

“If you do that again, I’m going to tie you up and dump you in the dumpster!” I said jokingly.

“Aww, you wouldn’t dare.” She teased me again before gathering me up in her arms for a normal friendship hug.

I finally got out of the house after I was done with all the packing and stuff. My mom agreed to let me ‘take some fresh air’ but have to be accompanied by many, many bodyguards. Kim Bear called me up to meet her one last time before I leave. Lay called me to ask how was I doing. Such a cutie. However, the one that I expected a call didn’t even leave a message for me. Jerk.

“Are you really leaving?” Kim Bear said softly as we strolled down the park. The evening Saturday air brushed our faces.

“Yes, unfortunately. I have to leave Korea for a little while, until the news about me died down, then I’ll return.”

“I will miss you so much.”

“I will miss you too... Even though I’m sad that my future is officially ruined, but at least these whole cross dress and leading a double life thing is over.” I let out a long breath and puffed my cheeks out.

“Actually, you can pretend to be a good girl, go to States and do whatever your parents want and come back to Seoul so that you can join back to our school again! This time, you shall use your status as the Heiress to Jung Company. They have no reason to reject you~” Kim Bear’s eyes twinkled in excitement.

It wasn’t a bad idea. I was planning to do that… but I think I will miss my very own fiancé. Maybe he was framed. Maybe he knew but he kept it a secret all along, and somebody framed him, so that I could get expelled.

It all clicked.

Wasting no time, I rummaged my bag for my phone.

“Eun Ji ah, what are you doing? Relax.” I heard Kim Bear said.

I quickly unlocked my phone and dialed Luhan.

It took three rings.

“Luhan. We need to talk.”

“E.J? Great, I was finding you too. Tonight at my dorm?” his voice was still the same, soft and pleasant.

“Okay. See you.” I ended the call first. “I’m meeting Luhan tonight. I hope he wasn’t the one who exposed me. Maybe he got framed.”

“Yeah… I don’t think Luhan will do that. He isn’t such a big betrayer even though he’s a playboy.” Kim Bear affirmed.

~