The ending

My Bodyguard

To my dearest son, Kim Yu Han.

For many years I had kept the painful secret away from your father. What I did was wrong. That's why God gave me cancer. I needed to tell the truth to you. Who else would better understand me? You probably will not have me there next to you when you’re reading this, but I will always be around looking out for you.  I did an unforgivable mistake, and I understand if you hate me after this. Your father is a one of a kind gem, you are lucky, but I am not right to be his, yes, I stole his love.
When you finish reading this whole diary, embrace yourself and burn this, or chuck it . But please do not give it to your father, he will not handle it.

Your mother, Min ah.

-----------------------------------

Min ah closed the diary, and let the memories sink in her heart. She remembered the betrayal that she had done to her very own best friend. Yes, her best friend. She closed her eyes, embracing the pain that jumped around inside her.

At that moment, Min Ah closed her eyes and suddenly, she felt like someone was pulling away the oxygen from her. She tried inhaling more air, but couldn’t. The doctors rushed into the room, grabbing and putting on things.

Min ah tried to calm down as a teardrop rolled down her cheek, it was no use.

The doctor went closer; he placed his stethoscope near the heart area, and sighed because he could not hear any beating.

With one last breathe she looked up at her handsome husband, Myungsoo, screaming for her to not go. She wrapped her hand around his tightly for the last time, before she had closed her eyes forever.

Myungsoo lay there next to her grasping her hand, denying the fact that she was gone. He held onto his son as well, as he approached his mother with teary eyes. Despite his young age, he needed to keep his dad happy.

Days passed, and then weeks, still Myungsoo and his son were not over the fact that Min Ah was gone. She was buried in the cold underground beneath.

They were both solemnly sitting on the couch not bothering to talk. Yu Han ran to his room and chucked all his clothes, he messed up his room by smashing bottles, pulling bed sheets and damaging all his gadgets, he grabbed the box that Min ah had given for his 4thbirthday, he was about to throw it away when suddenly something dropped out. 

It was the diary that his mother had written for him. Just for him. He remembered at the funeral when his dad gave it to him, saying that his mother’s last wish was for him to see it, by himself.

Yu Han picked up the diary with trembling hands. He touched the brown leathered diary and pulled it to his chest.  He saw the first page, where a photo of him, Min ah and Myungsoo were smiling brightly. Yu Han smiled weakly, remembering his mother. He read the first page and started reading.

Reaching towards the end he shook his head, he had always thought his mum was the kind-hearted and unselfish one. Seeing his mum write something like that made his heart ache. He didn’t want to read the next page but curiosity got him. He slowly flipped to the next page, eager to find out the truth.

Kim Yu Han read the diary as his heart told him too. After reading the whole diary, droplets of tears rolled down his cheeks. All the words, sentences and letters, every one of them, had made him feel like a sword has been stabbed through him. 

Even though in the diary, his mum Min Ah had done a very bad and stupid action, he knew that any girl would do the same thing to have Myungsoo as their husband.

It took months for Myungsoo and his son to get over Min Ah’s death. Even though Myungsoo’s heart had been utterly crushed by the death of his wife, he had focused on raising his son Yu Han and also concentrated on his career as an idol.

Being an idol was his dream, and he needed the job to support the only family member he had left.

During the mourning period of Min ah‘s death, Myungsoo was comforted by the rest of infinite. It seemed like yesterday they were congratulating the 2 for their marriage, but now they were there, backing their friend up.

Everyday Myungsoo had to gather himself up and go to practice, leaving Yu Han behind with his mother, who also cried for days and longed for her daughter in law to come back. His father was overseas and didn’t know anything about the death…yet.

“Cheer up hyung, you’ve got little Yu Han, you’ll be fine,” commented Sungjong solemnly.

“We all know how you feel, but you have to get over it. Look over to your son, look only to him,” Woohyun stated encouragingly. Woohyun had helped Myungsoo a lot.

Myungsoo had gotten a week off today; he planned to spend time with his beloved child. As he walked into the house he smiled as Yu Han ran up to him.

“Appa, can we both go to Seoul to visit Aunty -----‘s house?”  Yu Han asked slowly as he hugged his dad.

Myungsoo’s smile vanished; he remembered what Min Ah had said while she was in the hospital.

-Flashback-

“Myungsoo, promise me that you’ll never go to Seoul again to -----’s house.” Min Ah whispered as she was lying on the hospital bed.

“Why? I thought you guys were friends. We can’t hide forever. They helped us a lot. Even though the last day when we ran away I was beaten by them, they have a good heart.” Myungsoo replied.

Min Ah‘s memories of what she had done to her friend had erupted her mind.

“Just please don’t. Promise that you won’t?” Min ah pleaded with a sorrow face.

Myungsoo took a deep breath and took her hand, “I promise.”

-End of flashback-

“Appa!”

“Huh? Oh, how do you know ------‘s name?” Myungsoo asked curiously.

“I heard omma say it once,” Yu Han lied.

 “I promised your mother i wouldn't Yu Han"

“Please, please Appa!” Yu Han pleaded.

"Seeing that i never took you anywhere, i will take you to Seoul, but you have to be on your best behaivour,"

"Yes yes i will!"

Myungsoo booked the flight ticket to Seoul, after the long years.....