Kyuwook

Super Junior's One Shot Wonderland [Requesting Closed]

Requested by: redpurplewine

Pairing: Kyuwook

Theme: song "Daydream" with happy ending

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When was the last time I had seen him?

The thought flittered around my head, and I sighed when I couldn't come up with a definite answer.  I laid back in the tall grass and smiled faintly when the breeze ruffled my hair.  I closed my eyes, pretending that it was his hand that was caressing my face and not the wind.


The sound of bird song reached my ears and I searched for them lazilly.  Here in the peace of the summer sun, the war seemed like light years away.  I sat up and looked around me, shaking my head at my own ridiculousness.  No matter how many times I looked and hoped, I knew he wouldn't be there.  It seemed like I just enjoyed deluding myself.

I got to my feet and walked towards the forest.  I walked mindlessly, my feet leading me to my desired destination automatically.  I stopped and looked at the tall willow tree that stood before me.  I pushed aside the curtain of hanging branches and walked to the main trunk, running my hands over the rough, weathered bark.

My fingers traced the heart that enveloped out initials, the symbol that represented our love.  I sat down in the cocoon of leafy limbs.  Memories played in my head like a movie, the laughter, the hugs, the kisses.

My smile faltered when the last memories I had of him flashed before me.  He looked so strong in his military uniform.  He stood so tall and proud, so ready to fight for his country.  I had always loved my nation, but this war had changed a lot of things.  Now whenever I saw the flag, I had to fight the bile that rose in my throat.

The country and the damned war had taken him away from me... I could feel nothing but contempt for patriotism.  I bit my lip and looked down at my lap.  It had been a year now, a year without any news.  No letters, no phone calls, nothing.  I tried to tell myself that not hearing anything was a good thing, that it meant he was alive and fighting.  Yet I couldn't fight the icy pangs of fear that rose in my chest.

Everyday I lived like I was walking on glass.  Living with the constant fear that today would be the day that the telegram came... the day when the government officals would knock on my door and apologize for my loss... the day my world would crumble around me.

I shook such thoughts from my head and tried to focus on my suuroundings.  I had lived in the country my whole life, and I found it soothing to be out in the fresh air.  I giggled as I remembered the first day I had seen Kyuhyun.  He was such a city boy, born and raised in Seoul.  He waltzed right into our little town, amazing everyone with his movie star looks and his fantastic stories of the urban life that lay beyond the rural confines of our community.

I remember watching from afar, too shy to approach the boy who was so cool, so experienced with the world.  I smiled wider as I remembered the day he walked into my family's restaurant smirking like he owned the place.  I was so nervous, I spilled a whole pitcher of water on him.  From there, everything was a dream.

He was so much more than the arrogant urbanite that he led others to believe he was.  No one knew that he was actually a great singer, or that he had moved here when his mother overdosed on drugs.  No one knew that before he came here, he thought apples grew on bushes.  And no one knew that he cried like a baby the night we first made love.

My tears came easily, and I hugged my knees, trying to hold onto the warmth his memories brought me.  It hurt to know that the only way I could see him was through my closed eyes.  It hurt to know that the only way I could hear him was in the complete silence.

Every little thing reminded of him, and I couldn't do anything to fight the rememberances dominated by Kyuhyun... always Kyuhyun.

I couldn't even find peace in my sleep.  In my dreams he lingered, his smile, his laugh, his love.  I couldn't wait to fall asleep because my sweet dreams awaited me.  But my heart bled each morning when I realized that all it wasn't real.  It was torture to feel so close to him then have it all ripped away, like fate was toying with me, enjoying my pain.

A twig snapped me out of my daze and I looked through the swaying branches to study the figure approaching the tree  As the person came closer my breath caught in my throat.

"K-kyuhyun..." I whispered to myself.

I shook my head and squeezed my eyes closed.  I cursed the heavens for tormenting me once again.  Apparently the nights weren't enough, now I was seeing while I was awake.

Despite my best attempts, I couldn't stop the little flutter of hope that rose in my chest.  I slowly opened my eyes and laughed bitterly when I saw no one in sight.

It was only a mirage, a hallucination caused by my own desperation.

I scoffed, closing my eyes again.

"God, I'm pathetic" I whispered, a single tear escaping from my eye.

I stiffened when an all too familair voice asked,

"Pathetic?"

My eyes flew open and I my heart rate increased dangerously.  I blinked raipidly, trying to convince myself that what I was seeing was real.  Right next to me sat Kyuhyun, dressed in his uniform.  He smiled and I covered my face, sobbing into my hands.

"Why does this happen to me?  Is my pain amusing?"

My body shook with the force of my tears, and I shuddered at the intense cruelty of this particular illusion.  He looked so real, like I could reach out and really touch him.

"Wookie!" the same voice called, and I cried harder. 

The voice was so perfect, so warm, so lifelike...

I felt strong arms envelope me, and it was just like before.  A perfect fit.

His smell was everywhere, the warm lemony smell that was purely Kyuhyun, the most beautiful smell in the world.  I breathed it in, filling my lungs with the warmth.

"Ryeowook... W-wookie just open your eyes, just look at me"

That damned voice, I knew it was all in my head, but it still held so much power over me.  I opened my eyes, bracing myself for when the only thing I saw was air.  However, he was still there and this time he wasn't fading away.

"K-kyu?" I choked out, clutching him tightly. 

"Shhh, shhh.  It's okay, I'm here, I'm here"

Tender kisses rained down on my face and I gasped, realizing that this was real... he was real.

"B-but when?.... H-how?" I stuttered, not able to process my thoughts.

"It's over, we won the war.  I kept my promise, I'm home Wook... I-I'm home"

I let out a strangled cry and buried my face in his chest.

"Kyu... Kyu..." I repeated over and over, relishing his silken name on my tongue.

He smiled, and I felt the world stop.  I'm sure the birds kept singing, and I'm sure the wind still blew, but my world halted.  I stared into the deep brown eyes that I loved so much, and I saw everything.  I saw his pain, the horrors he had seen, the friends he had lost, the lives he had taken.

I could see the nights he spent crying and I could see the scars on his heart.  But, athough those things were very clear to me, they were eclipsed by the love that radiated from his eyes.  I could see how much he had missed me, and I could see that he suffered as I had suffered.

Wordlessly, I reached up and his cheek, smiling tearfully when he leaned into my touch.  Slowly, I closed my eyes and I gently pressed my lips against his.  All the sadness, and all the pain disappeared at that single moment and the world jumped back into motion .  It was almost as if he had never gone.

"You're here" I whispered, nuzzling my face in his neck.  "It's really you"

"I'm here, I promise" he murmured, squeezing me tighter.

"I love you" I breathed.

"I love you too... so much"

And I knew...

I knew this wasn't just a daydream.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay!  Another request done! 

I hope you liked this redpurplewine! ^^

Next up, I have a Heewook onenight stand for pinko86!

Please comment!  The more you comment, the faster I write, and the faster I write, the sooner I can accept more requests!!!

Kamsamnida! ^^