Yehae

Super Junior's One Shot Wonderland [Requesting Closed]

Requested by: dar3d3v1lzgurlz

Pairing: Yehae (YesungxDonghae)

Theme: Yesung's girlfriend is dead, Donghae resembles her

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hyung, I know you miss her, but it's been three years now.  She wouldn't want you to be depressed like this"

I choked back my tears and smiled at my dongsaeng sadly,

"I-i know Siwon, but I just can't.  How can I ever get over Narae?  I-i loved her so much"

My composure cracked, and the sobs slipped out of my mouth.  I felt Siwon's arm embrace me in a comforting hug.

"I know it hurts, but she's in a better place now" he soothed, rubbing circles on my back.

I nodded, and managed to stop by tears.  I looked around the room we had shared, adn suddenly, I felt like I was suffocating.  Everything around me reminded me of her, I just needed to get out.

"Siwon" I started looking at my friend desperatley, "please help me, I... I just can't stay here any longer"

He nodded understandingly, and hugged me tightly,

"Don't worry hyung, I'll do what I can"

**********

The next month, I found myself on a plane headed for the Bahamas.  This wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I told Siwon I needed to get out, but he told me he thought it would help.  He assured me that everything would be fine, he had his cousin coming to meet me, so he knew I would be taken care of.

I stepped off the plane and blinked in the bright sunlight.  I looked around me in wonder, I was definatley not in Seoul.  Even though the airport was situated in the downtown area of the largest island, the air was clean and free of smog, and there was no roaring traffic like in Korea's capital.

I hurried into the cool air conditioning of the small airport.  I grabbede my luggage and looked around for Siwon's cousin.  Siwon hadn't told me anything about the man, other than the fact that his name was Kyuhyun.  Suddenly, I saw a tall man holding up a white sign that read,

"Kim Yesung"

As I got closer, I could definatley make out the similarities between Siwon and his cousin.  Kyuhyun was tall, and handsom like Siwon, but he didn't look as muscular or mature.  I walked up to the man, and he smiled widely when he saw me.

"Hello, I'm assuming you would be Yesung-sshi?"

I nodded and he offered me his hand which I shook gratefully.  Just then a much smaller man came bounding up to us, a happy smile on his face.  He grinned at me brightly and waved excitedly,

"Hi!  I'm Ryeowook!" he chirped in a high musical voice.  I was slightly startled by his sudden appearance and Kyuhyun apologized,

"I'm sorry Yesung-sshi, he always gets like this when he's excited.  This is my boyfriend Ryeowook, he's older than me, but I believe he's younger than you"

Several things surprised me about Ryeowook.  Firstly, I couldn't believe he was younger than Kyuhyun, he was so small and innocent looking compared to Kyuhyun.  But I was even more shocked at how open they were about their relationship.  In Korea, it was pracitaclly social suicide to be gay, so it surprised me when Kyuhyun easily addressed Ryeowook as his lover.

Ryeowook smiled sweetly, seemingly aware of what I was thinking,

"Yesung-sshi, it's really not like Korea here.  But if it makes you uncomfortable~"

I shook my head, cutting him off.  Some of my friends back home were gay, so I didn't have a problem with their uality, truthfully, I found their openess refreshing.

Ryeowook smiled again and grabbed my hand, dragging me along.  He chattered happily, and I couldn't help but get caught up in his happiness.  As we stepped out into the tropical sunshine, I smiled genuinely.  It had been a long time since I had smiled for real.

**********

"Hyung!  Let's go!" I laughed softly as Ryeowook hopped impatiently, waiting for me to get ready.  Kyuhyun stood behind his personal ball of energy, looking completely sleep deprived.  He leaned on his boyfriend, resting his chin on the top of the smaller's head.

The sight caused a pang in my heart as I remembered tender moments with my girlfriend.  However, I was not allowed to dwell and mope because Ryeowook shouted again,

"C'mon!  I want you to meet our other friends!"

I chuckled and finally stood, ready to embark.  Kyuhyun sent me an apologetic look for Ryeowook's impatience, and I nodded, mor amused than irritated.  Ryeowook grabbed both of our hands and led us out the door.

I was a bit surprised when I found our small group standing in a huge aquarium.  I stared at the huge tanks of tropical fish, and watched as the colorful creatures darted by.  Kyuhyun yawned sleepily and explained,

"This si one of the largest, and most exotic aquariums in the world.  Most of our friends work here"

As if on cue, Ryeowook started squealing and waving dramatically.  A group of people immediatley headed over.  A blond guy came running over and he immediately hugged Ryeowook spinning his around.  Kyuhyun frowned in jealousy and sighed,

"That's Wookie's best friend, Sungmin"

A skinny man with a bright, gummy smile walked up and punched Kyuhyun in the shoulder.  Kyuhyun grinned and joked,

"Hyukkie, you better get your boy-toy off my bunny before I get mad"

The guy with the gummy smile, laughed and grabbed the blond, pulling him to his side.  Ryeowook skipped over and explained,

"That's Eunhyuk, he's Kyu's best friend, and and Minnie's boyfriend"

I assumed Minnie was the blond and I nodded in understanding.  Another person was standing at the edge of the group and Ryeowook smiled brightly and waved him over.  As he approached, I gasped and I felt all the blood drain from my face.  Ryeowook nudged me and asked in a concerned voice,

"Are you okay?  You look like you've seen a ghost"

To be honest, I really thought I had... he was the spitting image of Narae.  As he got closer, obviously I could see he wasn't my girlfriend.  His bone structure was undeniably masculine, and his lips were not quite as full as hers, but it was his eyes.  They were the same warm brown that I loved so much.  His eyes  exuded warmth and there was a ceratin purity that radiated from his gaze.

My heart raced and my mouth went completely dry.  Ryeowook seemed to notice my state, but he tried to act normal and he introduced the man,

"Yesung, this is Donghae.  He's actually one of the dolphin trianers here!"

Donghae smiled and waved at me, his eyes crinckled at the corners and my breath caught in my throat.

"H-hi" I croaked out and both Donghae and Ryeowook glanced at me worredly.  Sungmin pulled Donghae away, and my eyes followed the dolphin trainer.  Ryeowook grabbed my arm, and looked up at me, biting his lip,

"Yeye, are you okay?"

I ran my hand through my hair and I nodded, I tried to smile reassuringly, but it must not have been convincing because his eyes were still troubled.  He looked lie he was going to push the subject, but Kyu hugged him from behind and distracted him.  I was grateful to be out of the small man's scrutiny, and I let my eyes rest on Donghae.

As far as I knew, I had never met Dongahe before, yet there was something so familiar about him.  I felt like I knew him... It was an unsettling feeling, and it made me anxious. I followed the others to a nearby bar, and tried to shake of the uncomfortable feeling.

But as I watched Donghae laugh along with his friends, I felt my heart jump in my chest.  I hadn't felt like this since Narae... was this a sign?

**********

The next day, I sat on the porch, looking out at the beautiful blue water.  I looked up and smiled when Ryeowook sat down beside me.  He handed me a cup of tea which I sipped gratefully.  He studied me intently before asking,

"Yeye, do you like Hae?" I spluttered and choked on the tea from my shock.

When I regained my breath, I managed to ask,

"W-what?"

The small man smiled impishly and explained,

"Well, I saw the way you looked at him, and you guys looked awfully comfortable at the bar last night"

He smiled, looking somewhat ashamed as he quickly added,

"I'm sorry if I'm prying, you don't have to answer if you don't want to!"

His face was flushed with embarassment, but I saw the burning curiosity in his eyes.  I chuckled and responded,

"I like Donghae just fine, but I know what you really want to know.  I'm sure you know about Narae?"

I paused and he nodded in confirmation, his eyes compassionate and sympathetic.  I continued,

"Well, honestly, Dongahe reminded me of her.  Something about him is so familiar, but I just can't understand it.  I get all nervous around him, but at the same time, I really want to be at his side.  I know it sounds strange, considering we just met, but I really do feel like we're old friends.  However, I like him as a friend, even though it's been three years, I still can't get over my old love"

Ryeowook nodded in understanding, but I could see he was a bit disappointed, I knew he was hoping for me to say it was love at first sight.  I stood up and ruffled his hair fondly,

"I'm gonna go for a walk, okay?"

He nodded, and smiled happily,

"Araso, I have to wake Hyunnie up anyway.  When you get back I'll have lunch ready!"

He skipped back into the house, and I walked down the path that led to the white, sandy beach.  I waded into the clear water, and smiled as little fish darted in the surf, tickilng my legs.

"Oh, hey!"

I turned around and was surprised to see Donghae. He smiled brightly and stood beside me in the water.

"Wookie invited me to lunch, but I was a little early.  He suggested I take a quick stroll on the beach"

I smiled and nodded, momentarily chuckling at Ryeowook's scheming.  We walked along the beach, chatting and joking around like we were old friends.  After about 45 minutes, we headed back to the house.  Kyuhyun was seated at the table, and Ryeowook bustled around in the kitchen.

"Geez!  There you guys are!  Hurry up and sit down, I'm dying of starvation!" Kyuhyun whined dramatically.  We apologized and took our seats, at that moment Ryeowook appeared with a tray of fresh fish in his hands.

"Stop being a baby Kyu!" Ryeowook scolded as he served the food. 

It was delicious, and everyone made sure to compliment the chef, Ryeowook blushed modestly, but smiled happily.  When we were done, he suggested that we go for ice cream.  We agreed and Ryeowook skipped out the door dragging Kyuhyun behind him.

The two cuddled and flirted the whole way there, and it was kind of awkward for me.  Donghae didn't really seem to be bothered though and when I asked he just smiled and said,

"Well, with Kyuwook and Eunmin couples, I'm usually the fifth wheel, I'm just happy that I'm not alone this time!"

He said it with a teasing smile, but I could detect a hint of sadness in his voice, and my heart throbbed in dull pain.  I really hated the thought of him being ignored and lonely.  I smiled brightly, and grabbed his hand. He looked up at me, looking completely shocked.  To be honest, I was a little bit surprised myself, but when he blushed lightly, I was happy with my actions.

I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach, but I kind of liked it.  It had been years since I had felt this happy, and I pushed away my guilt and just enjoyed the sensation of smiling and laughing.  Part of me was disgusted, how could I be so happy when my love was dead?  But the other part of me was tired of being unhappy and alone. 

As we saw Ryeowook chase Kyuhyun in mock anger, laughter bubbled up in my chest and I let myself be happy.  Beside me, Donghae laughed as well, and we both smiled at each other just enjoying the moment. 

"Ya!  Look Hyukkie I see two pairs of lovebirds!"

Donghae and I turned around to see Sungmin and Eunhyuk standing behind us.  They didn't even blink at our entwined hands, instead Sungmin chirped,

"Well it's about time Hae met someone up to his standards!  Picky little fish!"

He pinched Hae's red cheek, and Eunhyuk clapped me on the back and fake threatened,

"You better be good to our Hae, or else!"

Ryeowook bounced over and announced,

"Oh no, they're just friends" he said it sarcastically, rolling his eyes for emphasis showing them that he thought we were dating. 

"Aish!  Shut up you guys!" Donghae whined, redder than ever.

He chased after Sungmin and Ryeowook, who ran away squealing and giggling.  I looked at Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun who watched their lovers with obvious enjoyment.  Kyuhyun turned to me and winked,

"I know, I know, you're just friends"

He smirked, adn I knew he didn't believe it.  I rolled my eyes, but smiled slightly.  For some reason, I really didn't mind being paired with Donghae... I kind of liked it...

**********

It just happened naturally.  Before i realized it, I was doing everything with Donghae.  Our friendship was automatic, as easy as breathing.  When I was with him, I felt like I was whole again.  Ryeowook told me it was love, but I assured him that he was simply my best friend.

One night, it was decided that we all get completely smashed.  Alcohol flowed freely, and it didn't take long before Sungmin, Donghae, and surprisingly Kyuhyun were completely gone.  Ryeowook had the best alcohol tolerance of anyone I had ever seen, and neither Eunhyuk nor I drank. 

Ryeowook and Kyuhyun left first, Ryeowook carrying his very drunk boyfriend to a taxi.  Eunhyuk and Sungmin drove back to their flat, leaving me and Dongahe alone.

Donghae could barely stand on his own, so I carefully lifted him, and carried him bridal style to my car.  I drove to his apartment laughing as he giggled and babbled on endlessly.  It reminded me of Narae when she had too much to drink.  Although the similarity saddened me, it didn't cause me pain anymore.  I was slowly moving on, and although I felt guilty for doing so, I continued to move forward.

I carried Dongahe to his room, and tried to place him on his bed.  He refused to release his hold on me, and whined when I tried to escape his grip.  I chuckled at his childishness, and finally managed to get out of his fishy hands.  As soon as I was free, he jumped off his bed and threw his arms around my neck.

Before I could register what was happening, he pressed his lips against mine.  There was nothing innocent about it, and an electric current ran down my spine making me moan and deepen the kiss.  Our tongues met in a pleasured dance, and I let myslef melt.  I hadn't felt something like this since Narae had died, and I craved it.

We pulled away, gasping for air, and Donghae whispered,

"I-i think I l-love you..."

I pushed away, as I felt the walls closing in on me.  I couldn't believe I had done this, how could I betray her?  I looked over at Donghae who's bright eyes, were dulled by tears.  I knew I had hurt him when I pushed him away, and I felt the guilt crush me.  I was guilty for hurting my best friend, but I also felt the guilt of betraying Narae. 

My own eyes filled with tears and I turned away, running out of the apartment.

I stumbled out into the cool night air, and I took large lungfulls of the sea air, trying to calm myself.  I hated myself, I was truly a monster...

I sobbed and screamed in frustration and self loathing.  How could this have happened, how could I be so cruel?  I cried and I apologized, but it was no use... it didn't change anything... I loved Donghae.

I couldn't stop the feelings that rose in my heart, and I knew I loved him deeply.  I apologized to the heavens again, begging Narae for forgiveness.  I fell to my knees and covered my face, just wanting all of the horribly confusing feelings in my heart to go away. 

Suddenly a breeze from the ocean washed over me in a soothing manner.  I froze when the breeze carried the distinct smell of white lilies and ginger... it was the perfume I bought for Narae every year.  I looked up searching for her, even though I knew it was impossible.

Instead my eyes landed on Dongahe.  He was standing on the edge of the sand, biting his lip anxiously.  His eyes were red and puffy, but they were still the beautiful warm eyes I loved so much.  The breeze came again, like it was urging me towards him. 

I took the final steps towards him, and he called out in a cracked voice,

"I am s-so sorry" he faltered, as tears rolled down his face. 

The smell surrounded me, as if it were an embrace, before departing completely.  When it was gone, I felt a strange peace, and it finally felt like I could move on.  I looked up at the night sky, and a certan star flashed brightly.  I smiled and silently thanked her.  Narae was giving me the strength, telling me it was okay to move on.

I pulled Donghae into my arms, and clutched him close to my heart.  He hugged me too, burying his tear stained face into my chest.  I leaned down and moved his face so he looked into my eyes.

He met my eyes hesitantly, and I smiled reassuringly.  I kissed him gently, love permeating every fiber of my being.  He kissed me back, happy tears now falling from his orbs.  No words were spoken, but we knew all the same.

I had finally realized that the world didn't stop with Narae's death, and I could still find the power to live again... to love again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was kind of hard to write for me, so I hope it wasn't too awkward...

Either way I hope you liked it dar3d3v1lzgurlz!

Next, I have some Kyuwook for cassandra_wook, lacrimosus, and bubble roses.  Y'all up for some jealous Kyu? ^^