Chapter Nine

Can You Babysit My Heart?

 

Kibum clapped his hands as he looked around at their surroundings. He was very proud of himself. Once again, he has the best ideas. Not only did get Minho, himself and Jonghyun a four day break, but he picked the perfect place to have it.

“Seriously?” Jonghyun questioned as he looked around, “A children’s indoor playground? Oh, food,” he said, glancing at the place selling food. He was debating whether or not he should eat yet.

“I-I don’t get why I’m here,” Jinki said as he looked at Minho.

Minho smiled and shrugged, “Thought it would be fun. What? You’re not okay with it.”

Jinki shook his head, “I can’t even hold kids at work… why I became a pre-school teacher is beyond me.”

Taemin walked over, holding Yoogeun, “Hyung, you can play with me.”

“This is about Yoogeun, Taemin. Not you,” Kibum commented.

“Hyung, you forced me to come even though I didn’t want to. Everything is about me,” he said, walking past Minho without a second glance.

The older male rolled his eyes and went after them. Yoogeun was his son and he was going to play with him.

Kibum looked at Jinki and smiled, holding his hand out, “I’m Key.”

“I know who you are,” Jinki replied, shaking Kibum’s hand. He was surprised when Kibum stepped closer, “… Key?”

“You’re really cute…,” Kibum reached up to brush hair out of Jinki’s face, but the other quickly pulled away.

“I’m married,” Jinki said before running away.

Jonghyun grinned at Kibum, “Stop torturing him and come with me to the bathroom,” he said, tugging Kibum after him. They both were scheduled for a little make-out session.

 

 

Minho was playing with Yoogeun and Taemin who planned on ignoring him the whole time. “Taemin, just talk to me.”

Taemin said nothing, but smiled as Yoogeun pulled him along to the ball pit. Minho followed, but ducked when Taemin threw a ball at him. He glared at the teenager who acted like he did nothing wrong. Yoogeun merely giggled and tossed balls at Minho and Taemin, of course, joined in.

“Fine, act like a child, Taemin,” he glared. He looked at Yoogeun and smiled, “Play with Taemin, okay? I’m going to talk to Key, okay?”

Yoogeun nodded his head and smiled, hugging Taemin’s leg. Minho glanced at Taemin. He saw the hurt in the boy’s face but he walked away. He didn’t want to deal with this.

 

 

Minho sighed and crossed his arms, “He told you everything, didn’t he?”

“Huh? No” Jinki replied, tilting his head.

“Not you… but how about you join Jonghyun… I’m hungry,” Kibum said, running a hand down Jinki’s arm.

Jinki blinked a few times, “I’m married,” he replied for the second time before running after Jonghyun who refused to leave the food court since they got there. He decided he wanted food as well.

Kibum rolled his eyes and turned to Minho. He rested a hand on the other’s shoulder, “Okay, so you yelled at him because he searched through Taeyeon’s letter, I get it. Personal privacy, I get it, but he is in love with you, Minho. You need to be gentler.”

Minho ran a hand through his hair, “I don’t know what I want anymore, Key. I’m honestly confused.”

“I get that too, but do what makes you happy, alright? And if that means you want Taemin around, you better keep that cutie around,” Kibum smiled before following Jonghyun. “Yoogeun, come eat with us.”

Yoogeun followed after Kibum and Taemin walked over to Minho, “Can we talk?”

Minho nodded his head and followed Taemin to a separate table. They sat down and there was an awkward silence. Minho didn’t know what Taemin was going to say. Different things ran through his head. He had no idea what he was going to say to anything either.

“Hyung… don’t say anything, alright? Let me say everything,” Taemin said and Minho just nodded.

Taemin paused for a moment like he was trying to get everything in his head before he said it. He looked up at Minho. There was a strange look on his face; determination? No, maybe he was just indifferent.

“I love you.”

The words stuck right at Minho. He felt like he had just been punched in the chest. He already knew this, but for some reason, it hurt this time. He looked at Taemin, “I love you, hyung and I have since I meet you those years ago… I always hoped that you’d give me a chance when I got older, but that is the thing, I am getting older and I can’t keep waiting for you, so…”

Minho thought that Taemin looked like he was in pain. He wanted to reach out and touch his face. “I’m giving up on you.”

“What?” It left his mouth before he even had a chance to think about it. He stared at Taemin in confusion, but the boy’s expression didn’t change.

“I can’t keep waiting, so I’m giving up on you,” Taemin replied, staring at Minho, “It won’t happen between us. I need to realize this. I’m not going to lie and say I’m not sad. After you told me about Onew hyung and Sandeul hyung, I thought, maybe Minho hyung will see that if I truly love him, he could ignore my age or the fact he has a son, who by the way loves me very much. But I get it, hyung, I do. This is too much for you. I know. So this is why I’m doing this.”

Taemin reached out for Minho’s hand and dropped something in his hand. Minho looked at it and saw it was the spare key he gave Taemin. Since the boy kept sneaking in through his windows and coming in right behind him after he got home, he gave up and just gave the key to Taemin.

The teenager smiled, “I won’t be coming over anymore. If you need me to babysit Yoogeun, I will, but I feel like if I keep the key, I’ll want to come over and see you. I can’t do this anymore.”

“Taemin-“

“No, don’t say anything,” Taemin said quickly, shaking his head. Minho could see the tears welling up in the boy’s eyes, “No, I’m okay, hyung. I will be, at least. Make Yoogeun happy and find someone you feel comfortable with. I should get going.”

“Taemin wait-“

“No, hyung,” Taemin said, his eyes dark as he looked at Minho, “No more waiting.”

Minho watched as Taemin walked over to the other’s saying goodbye. He gave Yoogeun a kiss on the cheek before leaving the playhouse. He just sat there, watching Taemin’s back away. Oddly enough, he could hear Taeyeon telling him to chase him. He groaned as he banged his head on the table. Now he was hearing things.

He felt a slap on his back and he jumped up. It was Kibum. He groaned again, but Kibum just sighed, “You’re an idiot. It is obvious you’re in love with the kid. Get your pedo up and chase him.”

“No, I can’t,” Minho replied, resting his chin on his hand.

“And why the hell not?” Kibum asked, sitting where Taemin had been sitting.

Minho looked at Kibum, “The same reason Taeyeon dumped me. She didn’t want me to be a father at eighteen years old. She didn’t want me to be stuck with some older woman even though I loved her so much. I was Taemin and I ended up getting the love of my life pregnant because I was an idiot. Sure, she loved me back and I do love Taemin, but I can’t do this to him.”

Kibum touched Minho’s arm, “I understand what you’re trying to say, but you’re forgetting one thing…”

“What is that?”

The diva smiled, “Taemin is willing to love you and Yoogeun. If things were different with Taeyeon, if she never dumped you and never died, would you have stayed with her?”

Minho thought about it for a moment. He would have stayed with her because he did love Taeyeon and Yoogeun was his. He would have done everything for them. He tilted his head at the other and smiled, “I hate you.”

Kibum shrugged his shoulders before walking away, “Jinki~ I want a bite.”

“I’M MARRIED!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author’s Note

Okay, so I’m using the indoor park from Hello Baby. Don’t judge me. >>;;

Okay, so this chapter is . I was writing it with the Pororo park in mind from Hello Baby with MBLAQ and then I changed it and then I worked from the bottom up and then I added a part in the middle. Basically, if something does not make sense, sorry. I’m a terrible person and don’t like editing my stuff. So… deal with it ^^;;

Going to write more chapters. I plan on finishing this today. 

Oh, and if you like Onkey/2min/Onho then check out Malkom's short story, Breathe Me. It is good~ :3

Trailer // Fanfiction Tumblr

Remember to comment and subscribe! :)

©sungyo2012