Chapter Six

Can You Babysit My Heart?

 

The first day had gone surprising well. It helped that both Minho and Yoogeun were both pretty quiet and uncomfortable with each other. They sat watching TV the whole day. Minho then made Yoogeun some food that Yoogeun actually liked then they watched some more TV which Yoogeun fell asleep during. All in all, a pretty good day.

But then it was morning.

Minho was not a morning person. The concept of morning was foreign really. He woke up to having someone yelling at him.

“Yah, get up!”

“Wake up!”

“Appa!”

The older male finally gave up and opened his eyes. Yoogeun stared at him with a pout on his lips. He poked Minho’s nose, “Appa, get up…”

He sat up quickly and looked at Yoogeun, “You called me appa.”

Yoogeun nodded his head, not really sure why that was important. Before Minho could pull the boy into a hug, the doorbell went off. He and Yoogeun made their way to the door. When Minho opened it, he quickly tried to close the door, but the people on the other side of the door would not have that.

“I have three days off! Go away!”

Kibum slipped through the door and smacked Minho across the head, “Yah! You said we could see him. Where is he?” He looked around until he caught sight of the little boy behind Minho’s leg, looking up at Kibum with fear, “Holy crap, he looks just like you. Omo, he’s so cute.”

Jonghyun came in and shut the door before looking at Minho, “You should have seen this coming.”

Yoogeun gripped Minho’s pants tightly as he hid from Kibum. The singer didn’t like that, “Yah… I won’t hurt… come here,” he said, holding out his arms.

The little boy looked up at Minho who nodded his head with a smile. Yoogeun looked back at Kibum before pulling away from Minho and walking into Kibum’s arms. The singer wrapped his arms around Yoogeun before standing up and swinging the boy around. Instantly, Yoogeun started to smile. “Look at that smile! Ugh, can I have him?”

“I don’t want kids yet,” Jonghyun retorted as he walked over to Kibum and Yoogeun. He waved his hand, “Hi, I’m Jonghyun.”

Yoogeun waved back slightly, but hid his face in Kibum’s shoulder. Kibum looked at Jonghyun and grinned, “How can you not want one? Min~ho! Pleaaaase?”

“No,” Minho replied as he walked over to Kibum, “He needs to get ready.”

Jonghyun looked at Minho in question, “Oh, I’m going to have him for a bit longer, so I’m going to take him to this daycare. I spent last night looking for one close to the company so if I wanted to see him during a break, I could.”

“Wah, you’re doing well. I’m impressed,” Kibum stated with a grin. He looked at Yoogeun, “Shall we brush your teeth and hair?”

Yoogeun nodded his head and held out his arms for Minho who easily took him into his arms and held him close, “Key, can you make something to eat?”

Kibum nodded his head and pulled off his jacket, tossing it to Jonghyun before pulling up his sleeves, “Mm, breakfast for four, coming up.”

Just then the door opened and Taemin came in. He strutted over to Minho and wrapped his arms around Minho’s waist as he glared at Kibum, “Mine.”

Everyone in the room blinked at Taemin before Kibum spoke up, “Hello, Taemin. Would you like breakfast?”

Taemin had turned his attention to Yoogeun who was touching his red hair, “Sure…”

Jonghyun laughed and made a move for the living room, but Kibum grabbed the back of his shirt, “Not a chance, Jonghyun. You’re helping me. Taemin, be a dear and help Minho with Yoogeun. Let’s go, mister,” he said, dragging a reluctant Jonghyun after him.

The teenager made a clicking noise with his tongue, “Who does he think he is telling me what to do?”

“Are you going to help me? If not, let go,” Minho said, looking at Taemin with mild annoyance. This was too much for the morning.

Taemin nodded his head, pulling away from Minho, “I’m great with kids. I can help.”

Minho shrugged his shoulders in reply before walking to the bathroom. He bought a stool for Yoogeun to step on. He sat the boy down and Yoogeun walked up the steps. Minho grabbed the tooth paste and tooth brush and applied a generous amount before giving it to Yoogeun. The little boy took the tooth brush and began brushing his teeth.

“How old is he?” Taemin questioned.

“Four, almost five,” Minho replied as he watched Yoogeun, “Don’t forget your back teeth.”

Taemin nodded his head as he watched the two interact. He was sort of jealous of Yoogeun. The kid just arrived in Minho’s life and Minho was willing to do anything for him. Yoogeun was his son after all. He started to wonder about the mother. He always figured Minho was gay. Maybe he was wrong. He looked down at the ground sadly until Minho called his name, “Huh?”

“Can you hand me a cup?” Minho asked.

“Oh, yeah,” Taemin grabbed a plastic cup and gave it to Minho. The older male filled the cup with water before giving it to Yoogeun. The boy took a sip and spat it out before stepping down.

Yoogeun looked up at the two, “Pee. Please leave.”

Minho chuckled and nodded, “Mm, of course,” he gently pushed Taemin out of the bathroom and closed the door. He wanted to head to the kitchen to check on Kibum and Jonghyun, but was pulled back. He glanced at Taemin who looked at him, “What?’

Taemin bit his lip before looking at Minho, “His mother… did you love her?”

He was caught completely off-guard by the question, but he nodded his head, “I did… at one time. She left me so I forgot about her the best I could. Five years later, I found out I had a son.”

“Are you gay or not?”

Minho knew Taemin had a crush on him. It was completely obvious. He didn’t mind really. Sometimes Taemin got a bit out of hand and Minho tried his best not to lead the boy on, but Taemin wanted his attention and it was hard to ignore him, “Taemin, look, you’re eight-“

“I don’t want to hear it,” Taemin replied, shaking his head. He pushed past Minho and walked into the kitchen. He took a seat at the table, pulling on a fake smile, “Yah, cat guy. Where is the food?”

Kibum glared and began scolding Taemin about his manners, but Taemin just laughed as Jonghyun squeezed and egg to tight, breaking it into bits into a bowl, shell and all. Kibum’s attention went to yelling at Jonghyun now.

“Appa…” Minho looked at Yoogeun and smiled. The boy smiled back and took Minho’s hand, tugging Minho to the kitchen. Minho followed with no problems. He took a seat at the table across from Taemin who ignored him. He picked up Yoogeun and sat him in his seat he bought.

“Alright, food time,” Kibum said, setting a big plate of a variety of Korean and American breakfast dishes. “Jonghyun, I told you set the table!”

Jonghyun groaned, “You told me to make eggs!”

Kibum smacked Jonghyun’s back, “Take a seat. Stop touching things!” Jonghyun did as he was told and sat down. Kibum set the table quickly and helped Minho feed Yoogeun food. Yoogeun enjoyed it.

Jonghyun spent the time making jokes and telling stories that Kibum corrected. Taemin and Minho merely listened. Neither were in the mood for storytelling.

When breakfast was all gone, Kibum and Jonghyun left after Yoogeun had taken his bath. They did that while Minho took a shower in his room. Now both Yoogeun and Minho were ready for the day. Taemin was about to leave, but Minho stopped him.

“Tae, listen to me for a moment, please?” Minho asked as he stopped the boy.

Taemin looked up at Minho and paused at the door. He nodded his head and leaned against the door, waiting for Minho to go on. Minho took a deep breath before he started, “You’re a really great, kid and- Okay, sorry, you’re really great,” he quickly changed when he saw Taemin ready to complain, “I’m not blind. I know you like me and I do like you too, BUT-“ He said with emphasis as the boy was ready to speak again, “I’m not ready for a relationship. Definitely not one like this. You are younger than me by a big amount and now that I have Yoogeun, I can’t do this. If things change, then maybe we have a shot, but right now, I can’t do this.”

The boy looked sadly at Minho, but nodded his head, “Hyung, I understand… I’ll wait for you.”

“You don-“

“I will,” Taemin reached up and kissed the side of Minho’s lip before smiling at him. He released Minho and looked towards Yoogeun, “See you, Yoogeunnie.”

The little boy waved at Taemin before looking back at the TV. Taemin gazed at Minho for a moment before opening the door and walking out. Minho watched him walk next door before he closed the door, “Yoogeun, time to go.”

 

 

The two arrived at the daycare gates. Minho opened them and he and Yoogeun walked into the grounds. It was a small place and there was a playground packed with about fifteen kids. Minho was already liking it.

“Hello, welcome to SHINee daycare. I’m Jinki. I’m a teacher here,” a tall figure said. He had softly, curly brown hair that rounded his pudgy face. He had a bright, toothy smile and bright brown eyes. He was really cute in Minho’s opinion.

Minho bowed his head, “Hello, I’m Minho. I called last night. This is Yoogeun, my son.”

Jinki glanced down at the boy who bowed and offered a soft hello, “Oh, you’re very young to have a son… oh, I’m sorry. That was rude…”

“It’s alright,” Minho replied, “It is a long story, honestly.”

“Mm, I understand,” Jinki replied. He kneeled down in front of Yoogeun and smiled, “Hello, Yoogeun. I’m Jinki, you can call me Onew, alright?”

Yoogeun nodded his head shyly as he hid being Minho’s leg again. Jinki smiled as he stood up and looked at Minho, “If you’ll follow me. You need to sign some papers.”

 

 

Minho had finished signing papers and Yoogeun had went to play outside with the other kids. Jinki smiled and took the papers, looking over the papers. His eyes caught something, “Oh, his mother is deceased?”

“Mm, car accident,” Minho replied as he looked at Jinki, “A few weeks ago actually.”

Jinki nodded his head sadly, “Mmm, I understand. How long were you married?”

“We weren’t,” Minho stared with a sad smile, “I haven’t seen her in five years… now I never will…”

“I’m sorry… I’m confused,” Jinki said softly.

Minho told Jinki the whole story. The older male listened attentively, instantly feeling sorry for Yoogeun, Taeyeon and Minho. The story was definitely a sad one. “I’m so sorry… but why aren’t you keeping Yoogeun, if I may ask?”

“I wasn’t ready for kids… I work late hours that is why I came here. You stay open late for parents like me. I can’t cook to save my life. Today, Key made food for us. It is embarrassing having someone else cook food for your own son,” Minho explained with a sad smile. “I’ve only known Yoogeun for a few days and I already love him dearly, but he deserves someone who can give him the attention he deserves.”

Jinki nodded his head, but he spoke up once more, “Don’t find this rude, but I don’t think he needs attention… I think he needs love… and not just anyone’s love, but someone who knew his mother like no one else did. He needs you.”

Minho stared at Jinki in surprise. He was shocked by Jinki’s statement. He honestly was not expecting that. He was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard crying. Instantly, he and Jinki ran out of building to the playground. Yoogeun was crying and all the kids were watching and one of the teachers was trying to calm him down.

“Sandeul, what happened?” Jinki questioned as he ran over.

The male named Sandeul looked up, fear in his eyes. He looked barely as old as Taemin, “I don’t know. One minute Baro was playing with Yoogeun, the next Yoogeun was on the ground. I think Baro pushed him.”

The little blonde boy looked at Yoogeun sadly then up at Jinki, “Baro, did you push Yoogeun?”

The blonde boy nodded his head, “Tell him you’re sorry.”

“I’m sorry, Yoogeun,” Baro said.

Yoogeun stood up and nodded his head, “Now hug him,” Jinki said and Baro did just that. He gave Yoogeun a hug before grabbing his hand and tugging Yoogeun to the swings. Yoogeun waved at Minho who waved back.

Sandeul stood up and looked at Jinki sadly, “I’m sorry, Onew hyung… I’m useless.”

Jinki smiled and patted Sandeul’s head, “It is okay, yeobo.”

“Yeobo?” Minho said, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

“Mm, Sandeul and I are married,” Jinki replied with a smile, “He’s only nineteen though. We got married last year when he turned eighteen since I was already twenty-two at the time. It took a lot of convincing to get his parents to be okay with it.”

Minho stared at the two, “You married him even though he was so young?”

“Mmm, if you love someone, why should it matter if their younger or a male. Does that bother you? I understand-“

“No!” Minho said quickly, “No… actually, thank you for telling me.”

The two shared a confused look, but nodded anyways. “Onew hyung! Hug!”

Jinki glanced down at a little girl and smiled nervously. He picked her up and held her as far away as possible. Minho looked at Jinki in confusion, but Sandeul chuckled, “He’s terrified of children.”

“But he’s a daycare teacher,” Minho said, awe-struck by the statement.

Sandeul shrugged his shoulders, “He’s Onew. What can I say? Yeobo, give me Sungyo before you both start crying,” he said taking the little girl from Jinki. “Come on, Sungyo. Let’s go find Sunny and Malkom so you can torture them.”

“Yay!” The little girl giggled. Sandeul walked over to two girls who were playing in the sandbox and instantly Sungyo jumped on Malkom, sitting on her while Sunny complained.

Jinki looked over at Minho, “Aren’t children delightful?”

Minho blinked a few times before nodding head, “Yeah… delightful…”

 

Minho and Yoogeun left the daycare. Minho still had that day and tomorrow off, so he was going to spend it was Yoogeun. They were back at the house, watching TV.

Taemin came back and collapsed on the couch next to Minho, “So how was the daycare, hyung?”

Minho looked at Taemin and smiled softly, “Enlightening…”

The teenager gave Minho a weird look before pushing Minho’s face away, “Freak.”

The older male laughed and started tickling Taemin. The boy laughed in surprise which surprised Yoogeun, but the little boy instantly joined in. All three laughed and Taemin decided it was Minho’s turn, “Yoogeun! Let’s get appa!”

“Yay!” The boy squealed. He and Taemin both tickled Minho. Eventually the tickle fight ended and all there were sprawled on the floor, breathing hard.

Minho glanced over at Taemin. The boy’s eyes were closed, but he had a bright smile on his face. Minho couldn’t help but smile as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author’s Note

I PUT MYSELF, SUNNY AND MALKOM IN THE FIC AS CHILDREN CAUSE I CAN! >:3

Also, I added Sandeul and Baro just cause I felt like it. Don’t judge me. Anyways, this fic is going to end in two chapters. I know I said it would be longer… well, I lie. :)

LOVE YOU ALL

Trailer

Remember to comment and subscribe! :)

©sungyo2012