Chapter Three

Can You Babysit My Heart?

 

“Minho, hang up. You’ll be fine,” Kibum sighed through the phone.

Minho bit his lip as he looked out the window of his car. He was back in Incheon where he grew up, where he met her. He wasn’t ready to say goodbye. He wasn’t ready. He wasn’t sure he’d ever be ready for this, “I-I can’t.”

“I’ll hang-“

“No! Just… don’t,” Minho said softly. He rested his head on the steering wheel. He felt all the pain welling up inside of his stomach. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to puke or cry, “… I can’t say goodbye to her…”

He heard Kibum make a sound that sounded like he was crying. He heard Jonghyun and soon his friend was on the phone, “You made Key cry… Dude, Taeyeon is in a better place. I remember her. She wouldn’t have liked you like this. She always thought of everything as an adventure. This is her new adventure.”

A tear fell from Minho’s eye at the thought. She always did think of everything like it was an adventure. She was deathly afraid of heights, but because Minho liked rollercoaster, she willing joined him even though he told her not to. To him, she was fearless even when she was scared.

“You’re going to be okay, Minho,” Jonghyun assured.

Minho sat up and took a deep breath, “I will. I see you in a few days. Tell Key I’m alright.”

“Got it. See ya,” Jonghyun said before hanging up. Minho pushed his phone into his pocket and looked out at Taeyeon’s old home. It was so beautiful. The village was small with small wooden homes. People were outside, enjoying the air, not trying to get places like Seoul. Kids were outside playing and helping their parents, not inside watching TV. It was quiet. He wished Seoul could have been more like this.

There was a knock on the window and he smiled. It was Taeyeon’s mother He pushed open the door and bowed to her, “Hello, ahjumma.”

“Minho, I told you, call me halmoni,” she said softly, pulling the boy down and hugging him. He wrapped his arms around her.

She pulled away and smiled at him, “Get your bags. You can stay with me,” she said, heading in that direction. Minho grabbed his bag from the back of the car and followed after her. Taeyeon’s mother opened the door and Minho walked in. She said she had something to do, but told him that dinner would be in a few hours. He nodded and she left.

He looked around at the house. It was so quiet and homely. He was in the guest room. There was a futon on the floor for him to sleep, though he wondered if he could fit in it. It looked rather small. He had grown a lot since he moved.

He sat his bag down next to the futon and walked out of the house. He wanted to walk around for a bit to clear his mind. He left his cell phone in his bag, turned off. He didn’t want any distractions.

Minho wasn’t sure how long he had been walking around; possibly an hour and a half. He watched as people gathered flowers and vegetables and fruits for the funeral. The whole town was going to be there. There were less than fifty people. Everyone knew each other.

As he was walking, he heard to ahjummas talking, “It is so sad Taeyeon is gone. She was such a beautiful girl.”

“I know,” the other one said as he gathered potatoes, “And the poor child. Now he doesn’t have a mother.”

Minho’s eyes widened. Taeyeon had a son? He walked over to them quickly, “Ah, excuse me-“

“Omo, aren’t you a handsome young man. So beautiful,”the first ahjumma sighed, “Aigoo, you are beautiful and so tall. Do you have a girlfriend?”

His eyes widened, “U-um, no, no I don’t.”

“Would you marry my daughter? She’s beautiful and very healthy,” The other questioned.

“Shush you,” the first one quipped, “Marry mine! She’s beautiful.”

Minho blushed slightly. If only they knew. “A-ah… sorry, I’m not ready for marriage, but… what was that about Taeyeon? She has a child?”

The two ladies nodded, “Oh, yes. A cute little thing. Yoogeun is his name,” the first one explained.

“She was never married though. She left for Seoul to study and came back right before she graduated, pregnant. Such a smart girl, how could she do something like that?” They both sighed.

Minho stared at them in shock. Taeyeon was pregnant when she left Seoul? He didn’t remember her being pregnant. Had she been with someone else?

“Deary, are you alright? Who are you, by the way?” One of them asked.

He looked at the two ladies, “How old is he?”

The old ladies shared a look, “Um… four, I believe? He is turning five soon. I feel terrible for Taeyeon’s mother. She is sick. She can’t take care of a four year old alone.”

Minho felt like his whole world was spinning around. He stumbled back a bit, grabbing his stomach. He felt like he was going to be sick. He heard the two ladies yelling for him, but he couldn’t react. He fell to his knees and stared at the ground. Five years ago, Taeyeon and he spent a night together. A week later, she left him and returned home.

Everything went black.

 

 “Minho!”

Minho glanced over his shoulder and saw Taeyeon running to him. He smiled instantly and opened his arms for her. She ran up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist, smiling up at him. He couldn’t help but smile back.

“Hey,” he said softly.

She bit her lip and smiled at him, “Hey…”

“So about Saturday-“

“Yes! I’ll be there,” she said with a nod. On Saturday, Jonghyun was having an end of the year party. He told Minho to invite Taeyeon since Jonghyun thought she was pretty cool. Minho did and now Taeyeon agreed.

Minho smiled brightly, “Good. I want my girlfriend there.”

She giggled and leaned up, kissing Minho’s nose, “Of course.”

 

 

“Minho…”

Minho glanced over at Taeyeon, an eyebrow raised, “What’s with the sad expression?”

Taeyeon stared down at her hands, “I…”

“Come on, what happened?” He asked, making her look at him. His eyes filled with worry when he saw she had tears in her eyes, “Y-yah, noona, what’s wrong?

“I want to break up…”

 

 

“Minho…”

His eyes fluttered open. His vision was blurry, but he could make out a black figure hovering over him, “T-taeyeon?”

He heard a women gasp. His eye sight became better and he saw Taeyeon’s mother staring at him. He sat up quickly, “S-sorry… what happened?”

“You fainted…,” she said softly, looking down. Minho sighed. Why did he have to say her name? He reached out and took the older woman’s hand into his own. She looked up at him smiled, “If you’re alright, let’s have dinner.”

He nodded and stood up. He wobbled a bit, but got a hold of himself. He followed her into the living room where a table sat. He saw a young boy sitting at the table, playing with a toy frog. His eyes widened instantly.

“Minho dear,” she questioned.

“H-he…”

The little boy looked up at him and their eyes locked. It looked like he was looking in a mirror. The little boy looked just like him.

The old lady looked at Minho then at Yoogeun, “You can see it can’t you…”

“Halmoni… who is that?” The boy questioned.

Minho instantly felt his heart tighten. His voice was so sweet, like Taeyeon. He looked like her too. Her nose and ears, but those eyes were definitely Minho’s.

The woman sat down at the table. She reached out and brushed the boy’s hair out of his face and smiled, “This is your appa… Minho, this is Yoogeun, your son.”

Yoogeun looked up at Minho and smiled, “Appa… nice to meet you. I’m Yoogeun.”

“… H-hi…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author’s Note

DOYOUSEEMYADORABLESPOSTER?! OWO ITMOVES! ITINGMOVES, BRO!

I love it… can you tell? .w. Anyways, I’m going to try and update at least every day. Weekends are iffy since my parents are home and I get easily distracted with them around. So we’ll see.

BUT MINHO MET YOOGEUN :DD Yay. Now the fun happens. Again, Taemin will be back in chapter five! Be ready!

Remember to comment and subscribe! :)

©sungyo2012