Home

You're My Appa!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One's POV

 

Salina and Leeteuk had been arguing for the better part of an hour - and both were getting angry.

 

"I can't marry you!" Salina huffed, pacing about the room with her cheeks flushed pink both with embarrassment and annoyance.

 

"It's the perfect solution!  You can take the time you need to heal and spend time with your daughter.  She needs you in her life.  As much as I love her, it's not enough.  She needs her mother."

 

"I agree.  She needs me - but I don't need to be married to take care of my daughter!"  Salina stamped her foot slightly, "Besides!  Marrying without love is something only done in medieval times!  I don't wish to marry someone who has no feelings for me."

 

"How do you know that I have no feelings for you?"  Leeteuk asked evenly, crossing the room, closing the space between them.

 

"Because we have only just met and you would be CRAZY if you decided you loved me after only a couple days of knowing me."  Salina hissed, not missing a beat.  "Tell me, how well do you know your future bride?" She spat the last few words sarcastically.  "What's my favorite color?  What's my birthday?  What do you know about me?"

 

"I'M TRYING TO KNOW YOU."  Leeteuk snapped in exasperation.  "Think of Story!"  What will happen to her?  If you take her on your own, you don't stand a chance against the foster care system.  You were just through a traumatic ordeal - you have no job, no education past grade school - How on earth can you provide for her?  She will be taken from you and placed in a foster home."

 

Salina froze.  She had not considered this.

 

"I..."she stuttered, trying to find some shred of reason to cling to for her retaliation.  "I could get a job...."

 

"How.  How do you expect to get hired anywhere that could offer you enough money to raise a child."  Leeteuk countered.  He was not angry anymore.  He had won and he knew it.  His reasons were without flaw - and he had more just waiting to be used.

He took Salina's hands in his - much as he had for his first proposal.

"Salina, you may not love me - but perhaps love could grow?  Give it time.  Please.  I only want to look out for you and Story.  Haven't you both been through enough?"

 

"What if I never love you?"  Salina asked, not unkindly.  "What if we don't work out as a married couple?  That could also hurt Story...I can already see that she has formed an attachment with you.  I would hate to see that relationship effected because we were not meant to be man and wife

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter