I love you for who you are

You made me change for the better

 

“We don’t love you anymore”

“Afterwards, Taemin called me and I told him to move in with me, and it was like that until today” Key was wiping his tears away and Minho was staring at Key. Minho could not believe how a parent could say that to their child, he always thought it was unconditional love. His heart clenched when he thought about a 12 years old Taemin being kicked out of his house, having lost the love of his parents and to be all alone.

“Ever since then, Taemin had never been able to say ‘I love you’ to anyone, not even me and it’s been 4 years already” said Key as he sighed. He had been Taemin’s umma for 4 years now but he didn’t mind it at all, as long as Taemin was healthy and happy, Key was satisfied.

“I promise I would nothing to harm him, I will keep my word and I will always protect him and be there to take away his pain” Minho’s heart was hurting, he never realized how fragile Taemin was, then he thought about how Taemin accepted Minho and became his boyfriend. He wondered whether Taemin was always worried as to when he would stop liking him and leave him like his parents.

‘Key, would you mind if I stay over for dinner?” asked Minho.

“Why the sudden request?” asked Key, eyeing him suspiciously, but guessing that it had something to do with Taemin.

“Just want to spend time with Taemin, since he is my boyfriend” Minho smiled nervously, Key can be very intimidating, sometimes he wonders how can Jonghyun stand such a diva. After about 10 minutes, they arrived to Key’s house and as they walked in, they were greeted by Taemin’s voice.

“Umma, could you get me a towel, I forgot it” yelled Taemin from the bathroom.

“Hold on! How many times have I told you to remember that you have everything before starting?” as Key opened the door and placed the towel on the counter. After a minute, the door opened and Taemin walked out with only a towel around his waist.

“Sorry umma, I for-“ Taemin finally looked up and saw Minho sitting on the with his face all red. Taemin was about to run towards Minho and hug him until he remembered that he was in his towel. Taemin screamed and covered himself with his hands while trying to run back into washroom. However, he tripped and fell on his , Minho ran over to help him up. Just at that moment, Key turned around from the stove after hearing Taemin’s scream and saw Minho hovering on top of Taemin.

“YAH!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY BABY?!!!”  screamed Key. He suddenly ran towards Minho with a frying pan and was about to smash it on Minho’s head when Taemin stood up and covered Minho with his body.

“He did do anything umma! I fell down and he was just trying to pick me up. You just turned around at the wrong moment!” yelled Taemin as he eyed the frying pan in fear. Minho was still in shock at the angry Key and his frying pan that all he could do was hug Taemin’s body and continue to stare at Key with his wide eyes.

“Truth? Aww, how is my baby? Does your bum still hurt? Let umma rub it for you” said Key as he tried to touch Taemin’s . Taemin’s face turned red, usually he would allow Key to do that to him, but Minho was there and he didn’t want Minho to think he was a baby.

“It’s ok umma, it doesn’t hurt anymore. Maybe you should go back to the kitchen before the food burns” as Taemin turned to the stove and saw that it was still on. Key suddenly got up and ran back to stove and was relieved that the food was still good.

“If the food burns, then you’re paying for take-out” said Key as he glared at Minho. Minho was finally able to calm down.

“Are you ok, Hyung? You’re not hurt anywhere right?” asked Taemin frantically as he looked over Minho’s head. Minho was scared, Key was about to shift from an angry diva to a protective umma in just seconds.

“No, I’m ok Minnie. Are you ok? I didn’t mean to scare you like that. Does it still hurt?” Minho picked Taemin up bridal style and laid him on the bed. Taemin blushed and was trying to cover himself with the blanket. Suddenly, Minho’s face got serious.

“Minnie, do you mind coming out with me for a few minutes? I’ll wait for you to get dressed” Minho stepped outside and waited as Taemin pulled on his clothes and told Key that he’s going to be out for a few minutes.

“Remember what I told you, if you see someone suspicious, run away and if you see a car following you, scream and run away” Key told him many times that he knows it like the back of his hand.

“Yes umma. I will remember” Taemin closed the door and saw Minho sitting on the stairs.

“Why did you ask me to come out? We could’ve just talked inside” Taemin was confused, was it something that Key shouldn’t hear?

“Taemin, Key told me about what happened to your parents and how it still affects you now. I just wanted to tell you that I will not leave you like your parents. I will keep my word, I will always be there no matter what” By then Taemin was crying as talking about his parents had brought up sad memories and Taemin’s heart was hurting. He could not understand how his parents could just leave him like that. He always wondered whether his parents actually did love him at all or was it always an act for everyone to see.

“It’s ok Taemin, calm down” Minho tried to calm Taemin down as he was getting hiccups and was unable to control his tears. Taemin cried for a few minutes in Minho’s embrace until he was only sniffling and was starting to calm down. Then Minho said something that even shocked Minho himself.

“I will always love you, even if you can never say it back to me, I can feel it in my heart, so no need to force yourself. I love you for who you are, I never want you to change for me, stay like the innocent, adorable, cute Taemin that I fell in love with forever” Minho cupped Taemin’s face and slowly kissed his tears away, his lips touched Taemin’s cheeks, his nose, and finally his lips. When they parted, Taemin had stopped crying and was smiling shyly at Minho, it was Taemin’s first time hearing such a confession and his heart was pounding so loud he was sure that even Minho was able to hear it.