Final

You made me change for the better

A crappy ending chapter

 

 

It’s been two years already and the couples were still in love, if not even more. Taekyung and Kwang sun were now in grade 2 and Yoogeun and Misun were in grade 1. Even though they were still 5 and 6 years olds, they told their ummas and appas that they would marry each other when they grow up.

                “Key umma, since our children love each other so much, do you think we should help them make an agreement that when they grow up, they will be engaged to each other?” Taemin leaned onto Minho’s chest and snuggled as he talked to Key and Jonghyun. Their children were still at school so Taemin, Minho, Key, Jonghyun, Taeyeon, and Tiffany decided to get together to talk about their children’s future.

                “Taeyeon, what do you think? Both Taemin and I agreed to it, but since my son likes your son, I would like to ask your opinion” before Taeyeon had a chance to respond, Tiffany grabbed Key’s hand and shook it.

                “Nice to meet you, future-in-laws!” everyone laughed as they saw Taeyeon lightly hitting Tiffany with a small smile on her face. It was soon time to drive the children home so Tiffany and Taeyeon got into Minho’s car and they drove to the school. As soon as the children came out, they all ran towards their parents, all wanting to talk about their adventures.

                “Umma! We had so much fun today! Kwangsunnie and I were playing in class and the teacher gave us candies. She said we were all very cute!” Taekyung held out his hand and showed Key their candies, Taekyung gave his candy to Kwang sunnie, making him blush as he held his hand and walked towards the car. Yoogeun and Misun were already holding hands and were swing them back and forth as they slowly walked to the car, whispering into each other’s ears and giggling. When they got home, their parents sat them down on the couch and tried to have a ‘serious’ talk with them.

                “Yoogeunnie, do you love Misunnie?” Taemin and Minho asked Yoogeun who nodded and held onto Misun’s hand very tight.

                “When I grow up, I want to marry her. Both of us already promised each other!” Yoogeun and Misun linked their pinkies as their promise. Taemin and Key nearly died in cuteness, Taekyung and Kwangsun was sitting on the other side of the couch, with their parents talking to them.

                “Taekyunggie, are you sure you love Kwangsunnie? People might make fun of you when you grow up” Jonghyun tried to explain to Taekyung to make him understand what he might be facing in the future.

                “I love Kwangsunnie; I don’t care if they make fun of me. I will protect him and love him forever” Tiffany nodded; she knew that letting them know the risks now are better than letting them find out in the future. Taemin and Key asked Misun and she gave the same response, while Kwangsun was a bit more daring as he kissed Taekyung and hid his face as he blushed.

                “So I guess that settles it, should we draw up some contract or something like that? I want to make it seem official” Key said as Taemin and Minho went to find some papers. The content was vague, but it was enough to keep the engagement alive. After the children wrote down their names, the parents exchanged the contracts and promise to keep in touch and when their children turn 18, they will honour the engagement and get them married.

                “Umma, does this mean that we will be together forever?” Yoogeun looked at Taemin and saw him still holding Misun’s hands. Taemin nodded and kissed Yoogeun’s head, he was too adorable for his own good. The children decided to play outside while Tiffany and Taeyeon left Kwang sun here for a bit while they ran out to do some errands. Minho wrapped his arms around Taemin’s waist and rests his head on Taemin’s shoulder.

                “Do you think they would still love each other by the time they are 18 years old? What if something happens?” Taemin didn’t think that would happen. To him, love is a very powerful thing.

                “I think their love will last, look at us. We’ve been through so much and we’re still together. I believe they will still love each other when they’re 18 years old, just as we will still be” Minho chuckled as he turned Taemin around and kissed him gently on the lips. Minho could never get used to the sweet and soft lips of his; they broke the kiss when they realized that the children were still outside and were afraid that they might suddenly get an audience. Key and Jonghyun were sitting outside watching the children play, Key rested his head on Jonghyun’s shoulder and sighed.

                “What’s wrong, yeobo? Something on your mind?” Jonghyun gently Key’s face and held his hand.

                “I just can’t believe that we were able to form a small family of our own. Now that my dream has come true, I don’t know what to do anymore” Key turned his head and looked into Jonghyun’s eyes.

                “Enjoy it” and with that Jonghyun gently kissed Key’s lips. Taemin and Minho decided to join Key and Jonghyun outside. They sat down and watched their children play, something that passed through all their heads was how their grandchildren would look like.