Taemin's new family

You made me change for the better

 

After falling asleep last night, exhausted from their love making, Key finally woke up and stared at the boy beside him. Jonghyun was slightly snoring and his face was just adorable. After the ‘activities’ that they did last night, Key desperately wanted to take a shower. He successfully got off the bed without waking Jonghyun up and snuck into the bathroom.

Even though Key loved Jonghyun completely, he was still a bit traumatized by Choi Minhyuk’s doing, he couldn’t help himself but think would Key one day wake up and find that Jonghyun had left him. Key did not want to doubt him, but it’s going to take a lot of hard work for Jonghyun to make Key feel safe again. After Key was done with his shower, he went back outside and still saw his dino sleeping on the bed.

 

Jonghyun thought he smelled food, but at his house, no one cooks food this early in the morning. He opened his eyes and realized that he wasn’t in his house, but was in Key’s. Then, it must be Key cooking breakfast. Jonghyun woke up and walked to the kitchen, he saw Key wearing a kitty apron and cooking pancakes.

“Why are you up so early, my kitten?” as Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Key’s waist and kissed his neck, he could still see the two love marks that he left last night, still visible.

“Who are you calling ‘kitten’?” Key turned around and placed a kiss on Jonghyun’s lips. If someone was to see this picture, they might’ve thought that they were a married couple already.

“Well, since I’m your dino, then you’re my kitten. You belong to me and no one else. Got it?” Jonghyun left the kitchen and went to take a shower. He didn’t bring any clothes to change and since Key and Taemin was smaller than he was, he was not going to embarrass himself by trying to squeeze into their clothes. He picked up his clothes from last night and brought them to the bathroom with him. As he the shower, he felt a sting on his back; he realized that those must have been Key’s nails from last night. Jonghyun just hoped he wasn’t too rough on Key and if he was, Key didn’t say anything.

With Jonghyun in the bathroom, Key was able to drop the act, his was killing him, and since he just ran out of painkillers, he guess he just had to endure it. Every step he took was like a stab to his spine, but he didn’t reveal it on his face, he didn’t want to make Jonghyun feel bad and blame himself for his pain. As Key went to knock on the bathroom door to tell Jonghyun that breakfast was ready, he had to waddle over to avoid more pain; Key had no idea how he was going to sit down for breakfast. Key was still lost in his own thoughts when the door opened and someone bumped into him and knocked him backwards, landing on his backside. Key screamed in pain.

Jonghyun was done with his shower and as he opened the door to step outside, he wasn’t expecting someone to be standing so close to the other side of the door. He bumped into Key and he fell and landed on his . Key screamed in pain. Jonghyun was shocked, did he accidentally pushed Key harder than he thought?

“Are you ok, Key?! Sorry, I didn’t see you there!” as Jonghyun helped him off the floor. Key winced in pain and limped towards the bed, it appeared that even sitting down on the bed was painful for Key, how did he hide it all morning? Jonghyun tried to look for some painkillers but Key told him to don’t bother wasting his time, he ran out a coupel of days ago and still didn’t had time to buy some more.

“I’m sorry, Key. You should’ve told me to stop when I was hurting you last night! Why didn’t you say anything last night?!” Jonghyun was kneeling beside the bed and looking at Key with a worried expression on his face.

“Because I was not in pain last night, I was in love” said Key held Jonghyun’s face in his hands. Jonghyun chuckled and Key blushed, he couldn’t believe he just said that, but he didn’t want to make Jonghyun feel any worse about himself and in truth, all that Key felt last night was indeed love.

 

At Minho’s house

As Minho’s umma went to wake her son and Taemin up again, she was just about to knock when Taemin opened the door.

“Good morning, Mrs. Ch- I mean u-umma” Taemin changed his words halfway as he remembered what she said last night, and after their hospitality, that was the least he could do.

“Aigoo, my Taeminnie is so cute. You’re wearing Minho’s old clothes, makes you look even skinnier than last night. You have to eat more, come on down and eat breakfast” Minho’s umma was about to walk down the stairs with Taemin when Minho spoke up.

“What about me, umma? Am I not your son anymore?” Minho tried to pout and Taemin giggled at his aeygo.

“Well, I have been feeding you right for your whole life, now it’s Taemin’s turn to feel my love, are you jealous of your own boyfriend?” his umma smiled and walked down the stairs leaving Minho in shock, it appeared that she likes Taemin more than he thought. As Taemin walked into the kitchen, he saw Minho’s appa also sitting there and reading his newspaper, he had not noticed that Taemin had walked in until he spoke up.

“Good m-morning, a-appa” Taemin bowed when Minho’s appa looked up, he smiled and gestured for Taemin to sit down. Taemin was still a little bit intimidated by Minho’s appa as he didn’t say much.

“Did you sleep well last night?” Minho’s appa asked as he took a sip of coffee. Taemin nodded and took a bite of his breakfast.

“Tell me about your parents, they must be respectable parents to have such a polite and disciplined son” Taemin stopped chewing as he just stared at Minho’s appa, he started to feel his eyes as his memories with his parents were not his fondest.

“I suppose they are, I haven’t talked to them in a while now” Taemin tried to hold back his tears and just stared at the remainder of his food.

“You don’t keep in touch with your parents? What kind of parents wouldn’t want to keep in contact with their son? Did you do something wrong, disrespected them? I know you are a good boy, but if you did something wrong, then you should apologize to them, since they raised you for your whole life” Minho’s appa failed to notice, but at this time, Taemin’s tears were flowing freely and he was silently crying in his chair. He was about to excuse himself when Minho’s umma interrupted the conversation.

“How can you say that yeobo?! Don’t go assuming that just because Taeminnie doesn’t contact with his parents that it’s his fault. Let him explain for himself” but Taemin couldn’t say anything, all he could do was cry quietly, with his shoulders heaving up and down. At this time, Minho came into the kitchen and saw the crying Taemin.

“What happened, Minnie? Did you hurt yourself? Talk to me! Umma, what happened?” Minho was frantically running his hands over Taemin trying to see if he injured himself anywhere.

“Your appa asked him about his parents an-“ at this Minho glared at his appa.

“What exactly did you ask him appa?” Minho pulled Taemin into a hug, waiting for his appa’s answer.

“All I asked him was why he didn’t keep in contact with his parents, and if he did something to make them unhappy, he should go apologize if it’s his fault” Minho hugged Taemin tightly and carried him to his room. As he came back down, he looked at his appa and told him what Key had told him about Taemin’s past.

“It’s not his fault that they don’t keep in touch, if you’re looking for someone to blame, blame his parents. They disowned him when they found out he like boys, and he was 12 at the time! How would you expect a 12 year old boy to take care of himself?! You know what his parents said to him when he begged them to let him stay as their son? They said ‘WE DON’T LOVE YOU ANYMORE’! How could a parent say that to their own son?! It’s not Taemin that needs to ask for forgiveness, it’s his parents! Minnie was so traumatized that from the age he was 12, he was not able to say ‘I love you’ to anyone. Not even to his best friend that practically raised him for 4 years now. So please appa, just leave the issue as it is, I don’t want to see Minnie cry anymore” Minho had never spoken back to his parents before, this was the first time in his entire life.

His appa stared at him and walked toward the stairs.

“Where are you going, yeobo?” his wife asked him as Minho just stayed downstairs seated on the chair.

“I want to apologize to Taemin, I didn’t know my words had hurt him so badly, and I promise Minho, I won’t make him cry anymore” as he saw Minho’s expression and tried to get up. Minho’s appa went to his bedroom and opened the door, he saw Taemin sleeping on the bed.

“Poor boy, he must’ve cried himself to sleep” he tried to quietly sit on the side of the bed without waking Taemin up, but was unsuccessful as Taemin stirred and opened his eyes.

“App-, I mean Mr. Choi, what are you doing here?” Taemin kept his head lowered as he thought Minho’s appa didn’t want to see him.

“I’m sorry, Taemin. I never knew what happened between you and your parents and I just assumed it was your fault. I didn’t let you explain yourself and made you upset” Minho’s appa could see that Taemin’s eyes were getting watery and he kicked himself for making him cry again.

“Don’t cry or Minho’s going to yell at me again” Minho’s appa chuckled and looked up to see Taemin’s shocked face.

“Minho yelled at appa? How could he do that? I’m going to teach him a lesson!” Taemin pouted looked at Minho’s appa. Minho’s appa looked surprised.

“So, you are willing to call me appa again?” as Minho’s appa patted Taemin’s head.

“I just didn’t know whether you would like me to call you appa again” as Taemin blushed.

 

A/N Tired of writing “Minho’s” appa and “Minho’s” umma, going to just refer to them as simply as umma and appa, but not to be mistake there’s also Key umma and MAYBE Jonghyun appa in the picture, hopefully it doesn’t get too confusing : (

 

His appa chuckled as he saw Taemin blushing over the littlest thing; he could see why Minho fell for him in the first place. He pulled Taemin in for a hug.

“Don’t let your no-good parents drag you down and keep you unhappy. Your new umma and appa are here; you can talk to us for anything and rely on us for everything" Taemin hugged his appa back and started to cry, but they were happy tears and once again in his life, he felt the warmth of a family again.