No More IU: I'm Jieun!

I Fell In Love With My Tutor

The next day at tutor, Wooyoung patiently waited for IU. He wondered what they were going to learn and what they were going to do today. I just hope I don’t hurt her again, Wooyoung thought. He waited for five minutes in the same room. Thunder came in, but then he glared at Wooyoung. Wooyoung glared back, knowing that it was Thunder who had called his father. 

“You called?” Wooyoung asked. Thunder froze, knowing exactly what he meant: Wooyoung knew that Thunder had called his father. Thunder relaxed for a while and shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know, who else do you think that has your father's number?" Thunder snapped.

"Oh, ho, ho! Bad mood I see, hm?" Wooyoung joked. Thunder groaned and rolled his eyes.

"By the way, when is IU coming?" Wooyoung asked.

"She's not coming today, jerk," Thunder mumbled. Wooyoung raised an eyebrow.

"Then why are you here?" Wooyoung asked.

"For you?" Thunder said in an obvious tone. Wooyoung mouthed an "O", remembering that Thunder was his "guard." There was an awkward silence between those two. And for a very, very long time, no one moved.

Suddenly, the door opened, and the two boys widened their eyes. The person stepped in with her book bag and her glasses.

"I-I-IU?" Wooyoung stammered. IU looked up and smiled.

"Nope! Not anymore! It's Jieun, your new tutor. Also the girl who never fell in love before," IU winked. Thunder opened his mouth.

"W-Why Jieun??" Thunder asked.

"Well, IU fell in love and got heartbroken. I figured that IU would be heartbroken again, so I turned back to Jieun!" IU exclaimed. Wooyoung's face darkened, knowing that IU/Jieun meant him. Thunder glared at Wooyoung.

"Well, my teacher is IU, so I'm leaving," Wooyoung snapped, getting up.

"Sure, go ahead and leave! I'm sure Thunder is here to learn, right?" IU said, smiling. Thunder opened his mouth, wondering if he should go with IU or Wooyoung.

"I, um, uh, I--" Before Thunder was able to talk, Jieun sat on his lap. 

"Ready to study?" Jieun asked. Thunder slowly nodded. Jieun smiled and began taking his homework, teaching him every step. Wooyoung scoffed. So this is how old IU was like? She was the 'everthing's my way' kind of girl? Tch, Wooyoung thought.

Wooyoung stepped out of the class, as IU continued to teach Thunder. When Wooyoung was finally gone, IU sighed and got off of Thunder's lap. Thunder smiled at IU.

"That was fun, right?" Thunder joked. IU shrugged.

"I'm just sad I'm back to old cold-hearted Jieun, not the cute innocent IU," IU said sadly, doing her homework. Thunder smirked.

"Well, at least you got your way, Jieun. I kind of missed Jieun instead of IU, though," Thunder winked. IU blushed.

"But I love Wooyoung oppa so much! It's so heart-breaking when he's a player," IU exclaimed in a upsetting tone. Thunder sighed and embraced IU, trying to make her feel better.

"Once a player is a player, they are always a player," Thunder whispered, as he looked at IU's eyes. IU did the same, listening to every word Thunder was saying. 

Suddenly, Thunder closed his eyes slowly, and began leaning towards IU. IU widened her eyes, wondering what her best friend was doing. Is he... trying to KISS me? IU thought. She panicked, as Thunder's lip got closer to hers. Not knowing what to do, she accidentally pushed Thunder farther away from her. 

This awoke Thunder, who quickly opened is eyes. He was completely red, embarrassed of his actions.

"I... I don't think our relationship is that far. Like, I don't think we're too close, are we? I mean, like, uh, I--" IU panicked. She was nervous, and wanted to explain the situation without hurting Thunder's feeling. Thunder didn't move either. He wasn't aware of what he was going to do to IU. He just saw her lips and how beautiful she was. An awkward atmosphere filled the air. 

Finally, IU got up and gathered up her belongings. Thunder did the same, except a bit quicker. When they were done packing, IU bit her lips.

"It's so hard being a tutor, especially when it's so..."

"Awkward," Thunder finished. IU flashed him a small smile.

"Exactly. Sorry if you were looking up to this tutor session. I better go," IU said, waving and leaving the room. As she left the room and headed home, she saw Wooyoung making out with a random girl. Closing her eyes, she quickly walked passed them, holding back the tears that wanted to fall. He's a player, a player, a player, a player! IU repeated. But no matter how much she repeated this, she always thought, He's a player, a player, and... I still love him.