He's Your... Boyfriend?!

I Fell In Love With My Tutor

"M-Memory loss?" Wooyoung trembled. He stared at IU for a moment. IU was staring at Thunder, her heart beating faster by the minute. Thunder was staring at Wooyoung, feeling sympathy for him.

"Yes, a major memory loss," the doctor said, exclaiming 'major.' Wooyoung sighed and got up. He turned to Thunder and weakly smiled at him.

"Take care of IU for me, will you?" Wooyoung asked. Suddenly, Wooyoung dashed out the door. For some reason, Thunder didn't feel a special relationship with IU. He just thought of her as a close friend.

Am I over with her? Or is it just that I was confused with very close friendship and love? Thunder wondered, approaching closer. IU straightened her back, clearing nervously. As the man met her eyes, she couldn't help but smile.

"Annyeong," she greeted.

"Uh, annyeong," Thunder greeted awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You are...?" IU asked, tilting her head. Her long, brown hair fell down gracefully, making Thunder gulp. Nevertheless, he acted calm. 

"I am Thunder, your very close friend."

"Oh you mean boyfriend?" IU smiled widely. Thunder blushed.

"N-No, just a friend. Childhood friend to be specific," Thunder explained nervously. IU's expression turned into a frown. She was disappointed that Thunder was not her boyfriend. The two began to chat for a while, waiting for Wooyoung to return. He never came back. Thunder eventually left, promising IU that he would return tomorrow.

 

Meanwhile, with Wooyoung...

Wooyoung went to visit his mother's graveyard that night. He folded his hands nervously and stared on the ground. He knew that if he was going to talk about his problems, his mother would tell him the answer. 

"Umma.... how are you?" Wooyoung asked, his lips. It was the first time he had actually talked to his mother for years. There was no reply. Only a gush of gentle wind blew in the air. Wooyoung cleared his throat.

"This is your son, Wooyoung. I know I haven't been a very good boy lately, but...." Wooyoung sighed and kicked a pebble. What am I doing here? he wondered, I'm talking to a stupid grave that my mother is buried in. It's like I'm talking to a stone!

Another gush of wind blew gently. It seemed as if the wind told him to go on what he was saying. Wooyoung sighed.

"How much money does it take to repair someone's brains?" Wooyoung asked. There was no wind.

"Fine! How much money does it take to repair someone's memories?" Wooyoung asked. There was no wind again.

"How about this: How much money does it take to remind someone about their memories?" Wooyoung asked. There was no wind once again. Wooyoung was furious.

"Appa told me that he'd come here and tell you problems. He said that you'd answer him. He said that you have the solution to all the problem. Then why aren't you answering me?!?!" Wooyoung shouted at his mother's grave. The wind blew furiously now. Wooyoung at to close his eyes and cover his face with his hands, preventing the dusts to enter his body. The wind died down, and Wooyoung slowly uncovered his hands.

It doesn't take money to remind someone of their memories, son, a voice said in his head, It takes love and courage to remind them about what they had forgotten. Wooyoung shook his head. It's either I'm cuckoo or someone is really speaking, Wooyoung thought.

Remember, dear, I will always love you and remember you, the voice said gently, as it faded. Wooyoung sighed and touched his head.

"I'm really going crazy. I need some sleep," Wooyoung thought, going back into his car. As he left, he didn't notice that his father was at the graveyard, too. His father gently smiled and walked towards his wife's graveyard.

 

The Next Day...

Wooyoung arrived at IU's room, walking in slowly. IU looked up, thinking it was Thunder. But when she saw that it was Wooyoung, she frowned and went back reading her book.

"Hi," Wooyoung said quietly and softly. IU just waved without taking her eyes off the book. Wooyoung sighed and sat down next to her. He tried to grab her attention, but she refused.

After a good 20 minutes of Wooyoung "bugging" her, IU slammed her book closed and furiously turned to Wooyoung. 

"What do you want?" IU snapped.

"Well, I--"

"I don't even know why your here! I don't even know you!" IU groaned.

"Well, I--"

"Well your what?" IU hissed, glaring at Wooyoung.

"I'm your fr--"

"Boyfriend," Thunder interrupted. IU looked up as her face got a bit pale.

"He's my what?!" IU exclaimed. Thunder didn't know what he was saying. He didn't know what he was doing. All he thought was how much Wooyoung, the ex-player, was suffering. He pitied those who suffered, and tried to help them. Now, since Thunder realized that he didn't love IU as much as before, he was going to support Wooyoung and IU.

"He's your boyfriend," Thunder said clearly. Wooyoung and IU widened their eyes and they exchanged surprised and shocked glances. She's/He's my girlfriend/boyfriend, Wooyoung and IU thought.