19

Don't Fall In Love With Me

Three weeks was all it took for Baekhyun to fully recover.
 

I thought it would take much longer after seeing him unable to even get out of bed the entire first week. He was still hooked up to an IV and he couldn’t talk at all because his jaw was still healing. Miraculously the next week, I came over and he was up on his feet and able to talk. …and kiss... And by the third week, his hair had grown a few inches and thank god, his face healed and was back to its normal, beautiful self, with minor scarring. I almost wanted to personally thank the plastic surgeon that closed him up so well. Although regardless of how he came out of the surgery, I would be with him no matter what.
 

Baekhyun wasn’t the only one that had an eventful few weeks though.
 

I had to return to school after my mini hiatus and deal with all of the apologetic looks and condolences from people I didn’t even talk to. The same thing happened when my parents passed, but after the first week, I was back to being another face in the crowd. I noticed Jiyeon hopping around a few guys on different sports teams. I had to give her props. She moved on quite fast and I hoped it all meant that she was completely done with Baekhyun. 
 

And on the bright side, most of my teachers waved off the assignments I had missed.
 

My friends always had to tiptoe around their words as to not offend me and I quickly let them know that there was no need to. I was still the same girl; just with a few scars on my heart.
 

I didn’t cry at my grandmother’s funeral. Although I really, really wanted to, I didn’t have it in me to do it. I had spent so many tears on my parents and brother passing away and my grandmother would always tell me that they wouldn’t want me to cry about it. Her words echoed in my head as they lowered her casket into the plot. She was placed right above my grandfather, just like she wanted.
 

I went to Baekhyun’s right after the funeral. Onew offered to drive me there and did not take no for an answer. He really was the brother I needed since my real one was gone.
 

Baekhyun was really upset he couldn’t make it to the funeral, but it was only a few days after his surgery, so of course he couldn’t have made it.
 

The funeral really kick started my path to independence. It was obvious that I needed to learn how to drive and test for my license. I already had my permit, so I had Onew teach me how to drive in his very expensive, Italian sports car. It took a lot of convincing, but it wasn’t my fault that that was the only car he owned.
 

After a week of driving in the parking lot, he let me drive on the streets. He let me drive to Baekhyun’s a couple times as well. “Just because you’re driving a fast car, doesn’t mean that you always have to drive fast,” he would tell me. “There’s no way you’re going to pass the test if you drive like this,” he said almost every practice drive.
 

He was proven wrong when I pulled up in front of his office with a loud honk. His eyes widened when he noticed the rectangular card I was waving in my hand.
 

I put the car in park and ran out to give him a tight hug. “Thanks, Onew.”
 

“It’s was no problem,” he said. He examined the car and then looked back at me. “Where’d you get the car?”
 

“My garage.”
 

“And you had me teach you in my car?” he said with an eyebrow raised. 
 

I could only let out a laugh as I bid him goodbye.
 

Even though we lived within walking distance from the school, I always drove my friends to and from school. Kris was the only other one in the group that had a license, but his parents were always using the car, so he rarely drove. But now that I could take us places, our outlook on “going out” completely changed. Sometimes we would drive to the city after school and go to the mall or eat at a fancy joint. The city was no longer “that place where Baekhyun lived”.
 

One day after school, a few of Baekhyun’s friends were walking by when I walked out of my house.
 

“Are you going to Baekhyun’s?” Kyungsoo asked.
 

The question completely threw me off guard. “No?” I said completely unconvincingly.
 

“Could you take us with you?” he asked, completely ignoring my answer.
 

I didn’t want to say no because I knew they hadn’t seen Baekhyun in a while, but I definitely didn’t want to say yes. Not only would it be a half hour drive with people I hardly talked to, but who was I to be inviting Baekhyun’s friends over to his house?
 

Maybe it wouldn’t be such a big deal if they had actually been there before, but considering how closed off Baekhyun could be; that obviously wasn’t a factor.
 

“Please,” Chanyeol, the tallest guy in school, pleaded. “We know he had surgery.” I tried to keep my face composed, but how on earth did they know? I did as I was told and told them that he got in a car accident. “Baekhyun called us earlier filling us in. It’s kind of sad that he didn’t tell us that he had cancer after knowing him for 5 years, but at least he’s okay, right?”
 

 I could do nothing but blink back at them. “He told you all this over the phone?” They all nodded their heads simultaneously and Chanyeol piped in saying that it was actually a Skype call.
 

“And we know that he was only with Jiyeon to try to get you off his case, but it didn’t work and now you two are together.” Sehun added as my eyes widened. I was going to have to ask Baekhyun about this later. 
 

“…I don’t know…” 
 

They all stared at me with pleading eyes. ‘Don’t cave, don’t cave’, I told myself.
 

“Okay, fine, get in the car.”
 

Surprisingly the car ride wasn’t as awkward as I had expected it to be. They were always so lively at school and it spread on to me quickly. Chanyeol sat in the front since he was tallest and he needed the leg room, while Kyungsoo, Sehun, and Kai sat in the back.
 

Chanyeol plugged his iPod into the car stereo and played their favorite songs, causing the whole car to burst with loud, off-key singing: Except for Kyungsoo. Man, that boy could sing.
 

When I parked in front of Baekhyun’s house, guilt washed over me. I could only hope that Baekhyun wouldn’t be upset that I brought his friends over.
 

This is his house?” Sehun said in disbelief.
 

“Don’t worry, I reacted the same way,” I said stepping out of the car. I stared up at the house and took a deep breath. He wouldn’t get mad at me, right?
 

“Hey, ease up. If anything Baekhyun will be mad at us, not you,” Kai reassured as he stood beside me.
 

I walked up to the door, with the rest behind me and rang the doorbell. Surprisingly, Baekhyun’s father opened the door.
 

“Oh, you’re here. And you brought friends?” he said, opening the door to let us in.
 

“Well, Baekhyun’s friends," I corrected. He nodded his head at all of them and they all folded over in a deep bow.
 

“Are we not your friends?” Sehun jokingly asked as he straightened up.
 

“No surgeries today?” I asked, ignoring Sehun’s childish gimmick.
 

Mr. Byun shook his head. “Only had one this morning,” he said with a thankful grin. “Well, you know where Baekhyun’s room is.”
 

I walked up the stairs and the rest followed, staring at the house in awe. I chuckled and shook my head. They reminded me of my first time at the Byun residence.
 

“I can’t believe he's never invited us over before,” Chanyeol said as he delicately traced the walls.
 

Baekhyun’s door was closed as usual and I lightly knocked on the door.


“Come in, babe,” he said loudly and my hands immediately shot up to my cheeks after hearing the nickname, trying to hide the blush that I very much knew was there. The guys all quietly snickered and catcalled.
 

I slowly opened the door and Baekhyun was sitting cross legged on his bed with his laptop in front of him. He looked up from the screen and smiled at me before a shocked look came upon his face.
 

“Guys?”
 

“Baek!” they all exclaimed as they were reunited with their friend. They all ran over and dog piled on top of him and I could only laugh at their reunion.
 

Once they all peeled off of him, Baekhyun turned to look at me. “You brought them all here?”
 

“Only because they begged me,” I said, placing myself in the bean bag by his bed.
 

“Yeah, babe, she drove us all over,” Chanyeol teased, as Baekhyun turned a bright shade of red.
 

“So how are you feeling now that you’re cancer free?” Sehun asked as the redness on Baekhyun’s face died down.
 

“Amazing,” Baekhyun said as he sent a glance my way. “But I can’t wait for my hair to grow longer,” he said as he combed through his short hair with his fingers.
 

“Awe, but I kind of like it short,” I added.
 

Baekhyun blushed again as he bashfully smiled and looked down.
 

“Ugh, I want a girlfriend,” Sehun groaned as he fell onto his back.
 

The guys all burst into a conversation about girls and if they were going to make a move or not while I busied myself with my Facebook feed. Baekhyun managed to slither out of the conversation as he plopped onto the bean bag next to me.
 

“Are you mad?” I asked as his arm wrapped around my shoulder.
 

“Only because I’m going to be tormented by that whole ‘babe’ thing forever,” he said planting a kiss on my cheek, causing more catcalls and whistles amongst the guys and a groan from Sehun. 

 

 

 

 

I saw this a long time ago and I keep forgetting to show you guys. Hahaha. 

photo ha_zps410c6649.png