The Wait.

Matoki Planet

Please comment and enjoy!

----------------------------

 

“Hyosung, so how is this going to work?” Jongup asked. They were all sitting at a table eating.

“He’s two hours ahead of us, Zinger is going to keep him occupied until we get there.” Hyosung said.

“Do you think she can handle it?” Yongguk said.

“We are going to have to believe that she is.” Hyosung said.

“What if Youngjae disappears before we get back?” Daehyun gestured. Two hours will give anyone time to run and hide.

“Well, this is what should be happening. Zinger is going to wait for his escape pod to arrive…” Hyosung said.

________

BACK AT MATOKI

Zinger was done preparing the ceremony and after party in Matoki, now all she had to wait for it the arrival of Youngjae.

“All my efforts to make Jieun’s wedding perfect, and we ended up not even getting to do it…” Zinger said. She straightened her clothes and walked out to the landing site.

“How long?” Zinger said.

“It’s coming, madame.” A soldier said. Zinger nodded. Youngjae’s escape pod landed.

“Solider Youngjae, reporting.” Youngjae said. Zinger put a smile up.

“Youngjae, welcome home, as the last of the Matoki’s warriors!” Zinger said. Youngjae’s ears perked up.

“Last…” Youngjae said.

“As a welcome home gift for all your efforts, we are attending a party hosted by the planet.” Zinger said. All of Matoki was informed. Banners of Youngjae was put up, so everyone knew what Youngjae looked like.

“Ahhh… I’m kinda tired. Can I just go…” Youngjae said. Zinger linked arms with him.

“You can’t do that. We have been waiting for the last 4 years.” Zinger said. A servant approached Zinger and Youngjae.

“So we are going to start with a public meet and greet, and then we will have dinner, following the ceremony where the president, Zinger congratulates Youngjae.” The servant said.

“That sounds good.” Zinger said.

“Wait…” Youngjae said.

“There is no time to wait, but let’s get you a new set of clothes.” Zinger said, dragging Youngjae along.

--------

“Hyosung…. What should I do?” Himchan said. He had been following Hyosung around since lunch.

“Go do something productive.” Hyosung said.

“But…” Himchan said. He liked following Hyosung around but she was being cold – hearted to him recently. 

“HImchan, you want to be a good general, correct?” Hyosung said.

“Yes! Madame!” Himchan said.

“Well, then go train your soldiers.” Hyosung said.

“YES! Madame.” Himchan said, running off. Hyosung sighed.

-------

“So how is it looking?” Yongguk asked. Jieun was taking her beauty rest so she wasn’t around. Daehyun had been working to upgrade Zelo.

“I think this should do it.” Daehyun gestured.

“Let’s test it out.” Yongguk said. He turned Zelo on.

“Zelo!” Zelo screamed. Yongguk and Daehyun looked at him.

“What are you looking at?” Zelo said. Zelo grabbed his mouth. He looked at Daehyun and Yongguk.

“I can talk?” Zelo said. Daehyun nodded. Yongguk nodded.

“Icanspeakwords,sentences,ohmygod,iloveyouguys,Iwillprotectyouguysforever.Ohmygod,youdontknowhowlongiwantedtosaythat.iwanttokillhimchanthough,hessomeantome.”Zelo said.

“Maybe, I should fix that.” Daehyun gestured.

“Work in process.”Yongguk said. Daehyun sighed and got Zelo back onto the table. Yongguk walked out.

“What are you making him do?” Hyosung said. Yongguk looked down to see Hyosung.

“I’m just getting some air, he’s not doing all the work.” Yongguk said. Yongguk looked back. Daehyun was having trouble-shutting Zelo down, now that Zelo can actually argue back.

“Is something wrong?” Hyosung said.

“Is it cruel to make someone who can’t even talk…. Can’t scream… do this for me?” Yongguk said, pointing to Zelo.

“Hey, it’s not your fault. It’s not your fault. Daehyun is alive. Be glad that he is alive.” Hyosung said.

“He’s alive alright… but he has to live with not being able to communicate with his mouth… you don’t know how it was… all the times he woke up in the middle of the night… trying to do something… scream…cry… nothing ever comes out… and me? I’m his leader… I’m the reason he’s like this.” Yongguk said. Hyosung patted his back.

“Yongguk. Daehyun doesn’t blame you. Even after all this! He doesn’t. He trusts you. Now you need to trust in him.“ Hyosung said.

“How? How can I? I wish we were able to get him to talk just as easily we are getting Zelo to.” Yongguk said. Hyosung sighed.

“Yongguk, they gave him a choice when he first lost his voice.” Hyosung said. Yongguk looked at her.

FLASHBACK

- 5 years ago –

There was a public ceremony for the death of Sungwoo. Almost everyone attended. Daehyun was still recovering. Hyosung was talking to the doctors.

“There is an option for him to talk again.” The doctor said. He revealed a device that would make Daehyun part-robot. It would enable Daehyun to speak whatever he thought, the voice not his, but it would give him something to communicate with.

“Let me talk to him.” Hyosung said. She told the soldiers guarding Daehyun to leave. She walked in, he was under strict protection in case anyone wanted to attack him again. She closed the blinds and locked the door.

“Hey Daehyun…” Hyosung said. Daehyun was staring at the ceiling. He was strapped onto the bed because he tried to grab his neck 14 times. But he already knew, he couldn’t do anything to get his voice back. Daehyun looked over to Hyosung.

“….” Daehyun said. Hyosung grabbed his hand.

“Daehyun, the doctors found a solution…” Hyosung said. Daehyun gripped her hand. He tried to speak but it was no good. Hyosung gave him a tablet for him to write what he wanted to say.

“Don’t tell me…” Daehyun wrote.

“You will be part machine...”Hyosung said. Daehyun took a deep breath.

“Stop, I don’t want it.” Daehyun wrote.

“But… you will be able to talk again.” Hyosung said.

Don’t tell me like I don’t know… a voice that’s not mines, I don’t want it.” Daehyun wrote. Hyosung sighed. Daehyun gripped her hand.

 “I don’t want to change into something I am not, I don’t want to be like the others, I don’t want this to change us.” Daehyun wrote. Hyosung understood what Daehyun meant. Many soldiers who were injured, received machine constructed parts. Some went ahead and became machine hungry. Some became useless without their machine counterparts. He didn’t want to become one of them.

“Daehyun, I’m just telling you an option, I will be here for you no matter what.” Hyosung said.

“I’m not going to go through it.”  Daehyun wrote. Hyosung nodded.

“How is Yongguk?” Daehyun wrote.

“It’s Sungwoo funeral today.” Hyosung said.

“He doesn’t blame himself, does he?” Daehyun wrote. Hyosung nodded

“He shouldn’t, no one could expect what was going to happen that night.” Daehyun wrote.

“I’m glad you see it that way.” Hyosung said. Daehyun smiled. Hyosung got a book out for Daehyun.

“This will help you communicate with me.” Hyosung said. Daehyun nodded.

FLASHBACK ENDED

Yongguk looked back at Daehyun.

“He’s always trying his best, isn’t he?” Yongguk said.

“He stays true to himself, that’s what makes him, Daehyun.” Hyosung said.

“So, you guys…” Yongguk said. He just remembered. Hyosung started walking away.

“Come on!” Yongguk said. 

--------------------------

So Zelo can talk now! Yay!