Love Is Bittersweet

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyQ6TiUvwks

------

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Gunshots rang vociferously in the air.

More Cold Dragons turned into the long corrider. Their eyes widened at the ex-member and two escaped detainees.

“IT’S KRIS!” One yelled.

Kris pointed the gun right at him and fired. He went down and never came up again.

“!” Some of the men who had no weapons ducked or ran away. The ones who did got down on one knee and fired away.

Luhan and Xiumin fluidly ducked behind the wall and continued to shoot behind the security of the barrier. Kris shot one in the leg. When he ran out of bullets, he swiftly ducked behind the corner next to Luhan.

“I’M OUT OF BULLETS!” Xiumin shouted in Korean.

Kris gave him an extra gun.

Xiumin snapped it in place, turned, and fired.

Kris turned to Luhan, “I need you to distract everyone else while I go away with Liang. Do you think you can do that?”

Luhan nodded, “Leave it to me.” He disappeared down the corrider.

“Xiumin!” Kris hollered. Xiumin stopped shooting and looked at him.

Kris nodded towards Luhan, “Follow him.” Xiumin nodded, shot one last bullet, and ran off.

Kris pulled out two pistols from his jacket. After waiting for a silent heartbeat, he bravely strode out of his hiding place. Bullets flew everywhere. Men went down like flies. Kris raced down the stairway. His heart thumped with each step he took. A man turned the corner. Kris shot him without thinking twice. He appeared at the next floor. A bullet whizzed past his ear, almost defeaning him. *.* Kris rolled out of the way. He looked up at the crack in the wall. That could have been his skull.

Kris looked up to face Liang’s closest guards.

“Liang told me to pass you on the warning. If you stop now, he’ll let you go. If you continue, you’re dead. Think wisely, Wu Fan. You are walking in the palm of his hand by being here. If you want to live, my friend, I suggest you stop now.”

“I stopped listening to Liang a long time ago. And I’m not your friend.” Kris squeezed the trigger. He spun out of the way as bullets careered past him. Kris rolled to a stop and fired aimlessly. One of the bullets managed to graze his arm. *.* He grabbed his bleeding arm.

The last man standing walked towards him. He pointed the gun right at Kris’s face. Kris glared at him with spite. “I warned you, didn’t I, friend?” Before the man could end Kris’s life, a bullet pierced him straight between the eyes. The man looked between his eyebrows, muttered a curse word, and dropped down lifelessly.

Kris looked up to see Tao near the entrance.

“Gege!” He ran over. His eyes widened at the blood pouring out of Kris’s arm. “Your arm!” Tao wailed.

“I’m fine.” Kris gritted his teeth as he stood up. “Where’s Liang?”

Tao looked upwards, “On the roof.” He looked at Kris with a worried expression, “He’s waiting for you.”

*So am I. I’ve been waiting too long to do this.* Kris took a step forward.

Tao stopped him. “Gege.” He softly whispered.

“Go help Luhan and Xiumin.”

“Chen and Lay went to fight for you, too! They’re sorry about not helping you earlier. I don’t know where they are though.” Tao said, troubled. Kris knew Tao wanted him to forgive friends. He patted Tao’s shoulder in comfort and walked away.

Kris walked up the next three flights of stairs. The next one would be the rooftop. He glanced at his bleeding arm. Kris took his jacket off and tore a piece of fabric off the sleeve of his dress shirt. He made it into a tourniquet and wrapped it around his wound to keep himself from bleeding. He didn’t want to bleed to death before he accomplished his final mission.

Kris bit onto one end of the fabric and pulled with his teeth while he yanked the other end with his fingers. He let out a muffled grunt of pain as sweat dripped from his head. Kris released the gauze he had made himself and glared up at the dark, sinister staircase. *This is it. This is where everything should end.* He grasped his gun tightly and treaded up the stairs.

Kris swung open the door and waited behind the wall for a couple minutes. Then with precaution, he walked onto the rooftop. Kris held out his gun and pointed it ahead of him. He didn’t want to fall into a trap.

“You finally came?” A voice asked.

Kris spun around.

Liang was standing on the edge of the rooftop. He was facing the scenery with his hands locked behind his back.

Kris furrowed his eyebrows. *What is he doing just standing there waiting for his death?* It didn’t seem like Liang to not have a back-up plan.

“So in the end, you decide to kill your master. The old tale is true. You raise a cat into a tiger, and in the end, it decides to bite you.” Liang clucked his tongue as he turned around.

Kris stretched the gun further with a menacing growl, “Don’t move, or I’ll shoot.”

“I never knew you would do this to me, Wu Fan. I trusted you.” Liang whispered with sharp eyes.

“I never knew you would do this to me either. You told me I was free. But you killed her. You killed my reason to be free.” Kris sneered.

Liang held his hands out with a shrug, “It was he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter