Vendetta

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhGLsw0edOk

-----

Another week passed. Zico still haunted Jungah’s dreams. She was still miserable and depressed.

She thought about what Jaehyo, her biological brother, had told her.

She thought about what she wanted, what Zico would want, what was right, and what would regain her sanity.

In the end, she decided to carry on with her plan of retribution.

Otherwise, she would be the one not being able to rest in peace.

It was a selfish motive, she knew. But to her numbing mind, it was worth risking her life if she could bring an end to the gang that had torn her life apart.

Jungah knelt down next to her bed with the box open in front of her. She stared at the potent weapon for a long time.

The gun glistened under the light. It was beckoning her to hold it.

To pull the trigger. To take an unworthy life.

With a trembling hand, Jungah picked up the gun. She picked up all six of the bullets and loaded them in the gun. With a loud clink of the gun going in place, she stared ahead of her at the picture of her and Zico on her drawer. *It’s time. I’m going to get the payback you deserve, Zico. I’ll make sure you didn’t live in vain. I can fight for you, so watch over me.*

Jungah slipped the gun into the waistband of her mini-skirt. She pulled down her white blouse and got up.

Jungah headed to the door, stopped, and glanced back. *Why do I feel like this is the last time I’ll be seeing this place?* She shook her head at the discouraging thought. Her eyes went to the shining ring on her finger. Jungah held up her hand and stared at the ring. *Kris.* Her heart ached every time she thought of him. *Where are you now? Did you go back to China? I hope you did. I hope you’re not anywhere near those bastards when I hunt them down.* She slipped the ring off her finger and carefully set it on top of the counter. Her hand felt empty and light. She felt insecure without it.

Funny how objects can become so sentimental. She never thought she would grow attached to the ring so much.

*Goodbye, Kris.* Jungah walked out of the house and never looked back.

-------

“All right! Hurry up, boys! Let’s get this all packed up and head back to China!” One of Liang’s men shouted and clapped his hands.

Luhan and Xiumin tossed bags of powder drugs onto the ship. Luhan dusted off his hands and looked around.

The dark sea was strangely calmer than usual. There was almost a foreboding feeling about it.

“Where do you think Kris is now?” Luhan whispered.

“I don’t know. Maybe back in China?” Xiumin guessed with a shrug.

“Or maybe he’s still in Korea with his girl.” Luhan added. With a sigh, he walked away.

Tao set the sack on the ground and looked up at the moon. A large, dark cloud was starting to cover it. *Wherever gege is, I hope he’s happy.*

A figure fluidly darted between the crates at the dock.

One of the men glanced back. He tilted his head in suspicion. *I thought I saw a shadow…* But everything was still. *Guess not.* He turned forward again.

Jungah exhaled. She had almost been caught before she could make her attack.

Jungah lifted her chin and peeked over the large shipment of drugs. *Where are you Liang? Come out, and show me your face so I can blow it off.* “Load those onto the ship, too.” Jungah spotted one of Kris’s friends ordering someone around. Her eyes narrowed. *It was him. The one that tried to shoot Zico.* Her eyes flew over to the other friend who was apparently Korean. *And that’s the one that tried to shoot me. But where’s the main one?!*

“Hey! What are you doing here?!” A voice barked behind her.

Jungah spun around. Her eyes widened. *!*

Two members of the Cold Dragon came forth. They spoke in rapid Chinese.

“Are you snooping on us?” “How dare you spy on us!”

*I have no ing idea what they’re saying. It doesn’t mattr anyways. The vendetta starts now.* Jungah’s fighting instincs took over. She grabbed a steel rod from nearby. “Oh, look at this girl. She’s trying to fight back.” The men laughed with gusto. Although Jungah didn’t understand his words, she knew they were laughing at her. Her eyes narrowed into knife-like slits. *I’ll show you who is the one laughing last.* Jungah swiftly hit the men with the rod. “Ugh!” They groaned in pain.

“HEY!” “WHAT’S GOING ON?!” “WHO IS THERE?!”

Cold Dragons had heard the commotion and began to pop out haphazardly.

Jungah kicked one in the stomach, bashed one in the head with the rod, and spin-kicked another in the face. She ran, jumped off the crate, and tumbled onto the dock. “Ugh.” She grunted in pain as she landed on her right arm that had once been broken. “STOP HER!” Voices roared. *. I have to find Liang before I go down. I can’t let this opportunity go to waste.* Jungah pushed herself to get up and began to race down the dock with the Cold Dragons chasing after her.

“LAY! LUHAN! TAO! CHEN!” Xiumin came running. They stopped conversing and looked up.

“THERE’S AN INTRUDER ON THE DOCK!” He said breathlessly.

“What?!” Lay sneered.

“Some girl was lurking around the dock!” Xiumin panicked.

“A girl?” Luhan asked quizzically.

“Damn. Come on. We have to get her. She could be a spy for Cheng.” Lay led the way.

Exo-M quickly followed after him. But Tao lingered behind a few steps. *I don’t have a good feeling about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter