Avoiding Calls

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ZFHnuQEbw&feature=related

-----

On Monday, Kris returned to school. His weekend had been less busy than usual. He had gotten a few dealings done with other drug gangs, but he still hadn’t found out who was formulating drugs with Cold Dragon’s recipes.

Kris entered the classroom. Jungah was already sitting in her seat. She was sullenly looking out the window with one earphone in her ear. *She looks even more pissed off today. Is this girl ever happy?* Kris wondered as he approached his desk and sat next to her.

Jungah knew he was there and furrowed his eyebrows in distaste. *He still didn’t get the message. Well you, exchange student.*

Mr. Kim entered the classroom, and class began after much pleading from him.

The day dragged by until it was finally lunch. Kris skipped lunch and went to see if there were any potheads lying around. He stopped when he saw Jungah in front of her locker. It was wide open, but she wasn’t doing anything with it besides staring. *What is she doing out here when everyone else is eating inside?*

Jungah stared at her messy locker that was just as muddled as her mind at that moment. Obviously, she hadn’t seen him spying on her. Jungah checked her phone. Over the rest of the weekend, she had received a total of 7 phone calls, 3 text messages, and 2 voice mails from Zico.

None of them she had replied to. She didn’t even listen to his voice, which she longed achingly to hear again.

Jungah took out her phone and stared at it for the umpteenth time. She shut her locker door with her gaze focused on the screen. *Maybe I should check…what if it was an emergency?* Jungah turned to go, but someone crashed into her, and her phone went sailing onto the ground. It smashed into the ground and an ugly crack shot across the screen. Jungah stared at it with wide eyes. Kris straightened up but didn’t go any further.

“Watch it.” A girl with purple streaks across her hair tossed her hair back and promenaded by with her friends.

Jungah, of course, didn’t let that go. She went after her, and grabbed her arm. The girl spun around with an annoyed look, “What?” Her friends snorted and griped about the wait. “Pick it up.” Jungah ordered.

“Muh?!” The girl asked in outrage.

“Pick up my phone.” Jungah looked into her eyes, “You dropped it. So you pick it up.”

“You wish.” The girl snorted. She yelled in pain as Jungah squeezed her wrist. “Pick it up now!”

“Aish, you ! Let her go!” One of the girls shoved her. Jungah staggered backwards, and her foot smashed into the phone. The crack deepened. She gritted her teeth in anger. “Look what you did.”

“You stepped on it, not me.” The girl snapped.

A bigger girl poked Jungah’s shoulder, “Why don’t you just pick up your goddamn phone with your own hand and go your own ing lonely way?” Jungah shot the girl a daring look, “Get your hand off of me.” “What are you going to do if I don’t want to, huh? HUH?!” The big girl poked her harder so that it was more of a shove now.

*That’s it. This begged for it.* Jungah grabbed her writ and twisted it almost 360 degrees. She screamed in pain, and Jungah kicked her back.

“You hoe!” One of the girls reached for her, but Jungah swiped her hand away and grabbed her by the throat. Jungah slammed her into the wall with a fiery glare.

Kris was stunned at how a female could fight so violently. He had never seen a girl fight like a man before. He was shocked but at the same time impressed. Jungah was flung backwards, and her body slammed into the locker. The fight became out of hand.

*Five against one. That’s unfair.* Kris d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter